What will the jets record be this year?

TNJet

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You say it wasn't much trouble, but I--and my family--know the effort you put in, especially the tele-conferencing with Dr. Zeruben. No offense, but that guy's accent is impossible to decipher at times. Is it Slavic or a throwback to an Austro-Prussian dialect? Since you speak both, it probably was a somewhat facile exercise for you.

As for DialysisNation, I have only been on it once or twice. You can appreciate that when a family member is going through such an ordeal, you just don't want to venture onto a site whose main thread topics include: "When to Pull the Cord and Order Take-Out?"; "Ureter: Duct or Vessel?"; "Anal Sex After Transplant, The Myths"; "Why Your Next Three Bean Salad Should Exclude the Kidney Variety", and "Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson's Tips for a Healthy Renal System". It just consumes almost every aspect of your day as it is. Since you are a mod over there, please let me I know if you get any pix of chicks with really hot bladders.

I can't believe you didn't read the editorial from guest writer Bill Belichick, "How to Cheat Kidney Failure". Interesting read, you learn that placing cameras where they typically don't belong could actually help save your life.

I can't believe you didn't read the editorial from guest writer Bill Belichick, "How to Cheat Kidney Failure". Interesting read, you learn that placing cameras where they typically don't belong could actually help save your life.

Actually, my brother-in-law emailed me a copy of Bellicheat's treatise. It was somewhat laborious, as you would expect from this mentally defective dunce. What I did find interesting--and truly insightful--was a sidebar item in Bellicheat's piece where he explains how he earned the nickname, "Bung-Master '89". You just never know where you will acquire knowledge.

I said it in an earlier post and I will say it again, it's fun to make a silly prediction on our record, but in reality it is way to early to even think we can be 7-9 or 11-5. The one thing we know is were better. Our offensive line is better which is always a plus for any team and our schedule is softer then last season.

We wont know what we have until camp starts and we see what kind of progress Kellen has made and where Chad is right now too. I think the QB "controversy" will be put to rest a lot sooner then most of us think. I just think its premature to put a record on our season when we the fans really dont know much right now with camp still 2 weeks away. We will be better, I'm confident we wont be 4-12, but time will tell.....

Perhaps I can help you understand our optimism.

First off, Every team starts 0-0... to say that our significant upgrades, additions and improvements don't display an added six wins is irrelevant [for two reasons, (1) this is a different team, and (2) we have a different schedule (an easier one) ] But that is all common-sense stuff.

Last season our team lost seven games by 7-pts or less. Your team lost five games by 7-pts or less... Those types of games (I believe) are the type of games that can go either way. The difference between our two clubs is that a 6-win team doesn't make the playoffs, and an 11-win team does.

We didn't just add Faneca. With him we added an improved LT and C. His presence solidifies D-Brick and Mangold, creating one of the strongest left-side OLs in the league. That "connect-three" alone will add a huge boost to our running game; which in it's darkest hour still managed to see Thomas Jones with over 1100 yards. Woody isn't viewed as a "cast-off"; he's a former pro-bowler that presents a significant upgrade over the former starter, Clement, a talent that we didn't even feel the need to keep on roster as a back-up. What does that tell you?

Defensively, Jenkins is more than just a big-body; he's a dominating big-body. One that had coach Gruden thanking (and even hugging) Mangini for taking him out of the NFC-South. Samson Satele will feel like he's playing Wilfork four times this year, because Jenkins has the size, strength and ability to wreck havoc on OL... His addition not only solidifies our 3-4, but instantly improves the other six players we have in our front-seven and creates a pass rush in itself. Expect an improved Sean

Ellis, Kenyon Coleman, David Harris and Co. Because Jenkins will man the middle.

Calvin Pace is more than just a one-year wonder to our team. He is a sizeable upgrade over our former starter Victor Hobson, and the fact that both he and Vernon Gholston are on our roster lights a fire under the ass of Bryan Thomas and gives us three legit outside pass rushers in addition to Bowens, a guy who can make a sack or two... if you remember.

Then of course there's Tony Richardson (to replace Darian Barnes), Bubba Franks (to push Baker), a healthy Chansi Stuckey (to push Brad Smith), Justin Miller (to push for the CB2), and a new OL coach that isn't a jack-ass.

While you can point at the level of talent we have and scoff at their ability to create six additional wins... they are sizeable upgrades over what we had last year and yet we still managed to scrap seven games by a TD or less.

just sayin'... get ready fin-fan. The Jets are ready to play.

We've upgraded so much though and IMO we were a better team than our record indicated last season. We're a much, much better team (on paper anyways) this year.

I agree with the concerns about Woody and Pace, but I'm willing to give them a shot first. Hopefully Woody can maintain his end of season form. I've watched a lot of Cards games from last season and really was very impressed by Pace. So much so that I think he should have gotten pro-bowl consideration (was never going to happen though). He's a decent pass rusher but was exceptional vs the run. I'm more worried about the fact that it was his contract year. I'm not fearful that he's Bryan Thomas II though, I saw enough of him to know he's a better player.

Richardson is still a very good FB, something we didn't have last season. Look at the #'s his previous teams have had running the football. I doubt he's finished yet, Full Backs can play well into their 30's.

Jenkins has been healthy for 2 years, I'm hoping those issues are behind him. What I'm liking about Jenkins is he seems motivated. HE's gotten himself into shape and seems prepared to give 100% for the team. At 28 Jenkins is far from done, He's a prototypical 3-4 NT (Although you're right in saying he's never played there before) and I'm incredibly excited about what he'll bring to our D. What I'm even more excited about is the thought of David Harris playing behind Jenkins. He dominated behind the most pitiful 3-4 NT to ever grace the league so I can't wait to see what he'll be like with Jenkins. I'm expecting special things off our defence this season. Don't forget we also added Vernon Gholston.

The QB situation is not great, Any Jet fan not named ecurb will admit that.I don't think it is as bad as people make out. Chad has proven in the past that he can QB a team to the playoffs, including in 06 when we had a much less talented team. Clemens is completely unproven, it's impossible to judge him off of last seasons disaster alone.

The running game should be good enough to carry the offense some. Jones isn't my favourite player as many on this site know. I don't rate him too highly but he should be able to put up 1200+ yards and 4YPC behind that line, Leon should also get a lot more touches. I'm expecting this team to be very reliant on Defense and Running game, the QB shouldn't be asked to do too much.

I may be over analyzing my team, Fans tend to butter things up some. That being said this team is definetly talented enough to make a playoff push. Whether we can put that talent into practice or not we will find out.

In regards to the Dolphins I expect you guys to be much improved. I'm very worried about your running attack. If Ricky has anything left the tandem of him and Ronnie Brown will be a force. Like the Jets I think it's unfair to judge your QB based on last season. Beck is still unproven like Clemens. I can see the Fins getting 5-6 wins next season which is a big improvement.

I think we'd just go back and forth on this if we tried to has out it but I can at least say this is a fair assesment, well done both of you guys.

We'll just have to see come September. ;)

I think we'd just go back and forth on this if we tried to has out it but I can at least say this is a fair assesment, well done both of you guys.

We'll just have to see come September. ;)

Yes,another sweep of the Dolphins by the Jets...its just like old times aint it man? :yawn:

Archived