How are high gasoline prices affecting you?

MrsTaborJet

Just curious to see what sacrifices you're making in other areas of your life to accommodate for the high gas prices.

Are you eating out less? Buying generic vs. name brands (in the supermarket, clothes stores, etc.)? Skipping the "Sunday drive"? Did you cancel cable service? LOL.

Is there anything you won't sacrifice?

For me, I find I'm not just jumping in the car and going out as often as I did. I try and consolidate trips and hit several stores in one area if I can. I noticed I'm picking up the store brand items and looking at sale items in the supermarket and trying to conserve in other ways like turning off lights in the house where typically I'd have a lamp on in every room. Oops. My spending habits haven't changed terribly, but I'm definitely more aware now.

I won't sacrifice sushi though, I'll spend $80 on it... I don't care! It's my fav and I make good money. ;)

Please keep politics out of this thread, just thought this was a good topic as everyone seems to be affected by this in some way or another.

27488743sv3.png27488743sv3.png27488743sv3.png

As far as my day-to-day life it's not really having a dramatic impact. It's the road trips that kill me, I spent about $60 on gas driving to Kansas City and back last weekend, and that was in a car that gets 30 mpg on the highway. I just can't imagine doing much traveling as long as the prices stay this high.

I have been traveling much less. I go to work and usually on the way home, I will stop and pick up whatever I need from the store as I pass a Target, Wal-Mart and other establishments. I used to come home and go some places with the kid and wife, but I have cut back on doing that also. Maybe when I get a newer car and not the gas guzzler I have now, I can go back to some after work activites.

I don't think it affects people in the tri state area as much as those out of state. I know that we drive a lot more miles out here than you guys. The average commute is 30-50 miles each way here. Makes a big dent in people's pocketbook right now.

I drive my Sonata more and my Mustang Cobra less. If gas prices keep going up more, I'll trade the Sonata in for something that gets even better gas mileage.

Get rid of the 550 hp 10 MPG super premium only Cobra? Over my dead body.

I drive to work, maybe go to the local store on the way home a few times a week, and that's about it. I find doing this costs me relatively little to keep my full sized GMC pickup fueled.

I don't take weekend cruises through the Arizona mountains anymore, and if I must plan a trip out of town, it better be damn important!

I had to sell my house....and my car...and both my kids... oddly enough...I couldn't give my wife away! Most days I have to eat cat food out of the can and I can only afford to turn my CPU on once every other week.

I was thinking about selling one of my kidneys and possibly an eye but I don't look good in an eye patch so that one is still up for debate.

I drive my Sonata more and my Mustang Cobra less. If gas prices keep going up more, I'll trade the Sonata in for something that gets even better gas mileage.

Get rid of the 550 hp 10 MPG super premium only Cobra? Over my dead body.

:) I hear that. Just got a new carb for the 69' Dart and fired it up for the 1st time in 19 years. It took a year of my time to rebuild it and alot of $$. It also takes the Super Premium but even at $4.50 a gallon it's not gonna effect my use of it at all.

I was thinking about selling one of my kidneys and possibly an eye but I don't look good in an eye patch so that one is still up for debate.

I checked out trying to sell semen. Good luck there, those bastards make you go through a year long process before they pay you. The movies lied to me.

Eating out less (bringing more food to the work place) and I'm not able to drive back to my old town where the majority of my buddies are to hang out as much. Its an hour away and unless something is going on like a party or something I'd really want to do, its hard to justify the gas prices just to sit around in a living room and watch TV.

I also have refrained from buying another full price Authentic Jersey. :P

We're not close to anything out here in the sticks, so it's making a big impact. I've arranged to work from home more often. That helps a little.

Gas prices aside, the wife and I are still driving to Toronto on Thursday for a long weekend trip, including a Yankees game at the Rogers Centre. The way things are going, a trip like that may be out, next year.

:) I hear that. Just got a new carb for the 69' Dart and fired it up for the 1st time in 19 years. It took a year of my time to rebuild it and alot of $$. It also takes the Super Premium but even at $4.50 a gallon it's not gonna effect my use of it at all.

Holley 780?

If you complain about high gas prices, you're a MOONBAT.

I know, the good people at Chevron and ExxonMobil are doing everything they can to help us with the quality of our lives. We should get on our knees and thank God everyday that we have such self-less people who care about the environment and don't do business with terrorists and have our best interests at heart.

We're not close to anything out here in the sticks, so it's making a big impact. I've arranged to work from home more often. That helps a little.

Gas prices aside, the wifeand I are still driving to Toronto on Thursday for a long weekend trip, including a Yankees game at the Rogers Centre. The way things are going, a trip like that may be out, next year.

That's the thing you don't hear of alot. People who live in rural areas are really getting killed. It is not just the comute to work. My brother lives in West Virginia. He has a 30 mile roundtrip just to get milk and bread!!!

Archived