Army medic made famous in Iraq photo dies

Alk

Sad. RIP. The article said overdose, but not much more. Prescribed meds? Illicit drugs? Either way, it's a shame. How many of our servicemen turn to drugs as a way of subverting images of the carnage they have seen, or their inability to re-acclimate into society after the stress overseas?

Sad. RIP. The article said overdose, but not much more. Prescribed meds? Illicit drugs? Either way, it's a shame. How many of our servicemen turn to drugs as a way of subverting images of the carnage they have seen, or their inability to re-acclimate into society after the stress overseas?

Exactly, my cousin is due to arrive back in the states tonight after two deployments over there. These are the kind of stories that make me worry about how much he could have changed while being over there.

Exactly, my cousin is due to arrive back in the states tonight after two deployments over there. These are the kind of stories that make me worry about how much he could have changed while being over there.

Give your cousin a massive hug for all of us and thank him for his service. I don't believe in this war at all, but support our guys, who are in harms way every second over there. I hope he is spared any of the effects of his service.

I've seen it with several buds of mine. Sadly this happens all too often.

FOR YOUR COUSIN:

just a thought: maybe Max will allow a stickied thread here where we can go on and thank him for his service. Imagine how he will feel if you show him a thread dedicated to him with a long list of thankfull peoples names on it . I would gladly be the first...

FOR YOUR COUSIN:

just a thought: maybe Max will allow a stickied thread here where we can go on and thank him for his service. Imagine how he will feel if you show him a thread dedicated to him with a long list of thankfull peoples names on it . I would gladly be the first...

Thanks 13. If you want to leave him a message that he'll be sure to see, you can go over to his blog. He has some pretty cool pictures on it too.

http://spcmonad.blogspot.com/

just smoke a J with him he'll be fine

Give your cousin a massive hug for all of us and thank him for his service. I don't believe in this war at all, but support our guys, who are in harms way every second over there. I hope he is spared any of the effects of his service.

Yeah, I hate how most people, even the ones who don't support the war don't support our troops at all. I've actually heard people boo at a soldier that came back from Iraq at a hockey game last year. It's good to see that not all people are that ignorant and incosiderate.

Yeah, I hate how most people, even the ones who don't support the war don't support our troops at all. I've actually heard people boo at a soldier that came back from Iraq at a hockey game last year. It's good to see that not all people are that ignorant and incosiderate.

See, I don't get that at all. You want to boo? How about a real mother fu**ing massive chorus for Dubya and all the politicos--on both sides --who got us into this mess? Those vets deserve better. Anybody that boos veterans is a dunce who just doesn't understand that soldiers do not have a choice and are doing their job.

I suggest everyone talk to a soldier. When I was in North Carolina for Memorial Day weekend and the reunion of my brother-in-laws army buddies was something special.

Just listening to them tell stories about their time over there, and the home videos they shot, was amazing. Really made me feel like a nothing. And one of their buddies got burned by a roadside bomb and is still recovering was inspirational. He was so positive and was still the jokester he was before the accident. And his wife and kids were all accepting that these things happen and he's alive and still functional.

I've always been a supporter of our military, but spending a day with them was something I wont forget. Best part for me was listening talk about PTSD and whether they have it, about driving down the middle of the street and looking in their mirrors at overpasses after they pass through them.

Its too bad we dont give our military enough to help our brave men and women after they finish defending our country.

Thank You to all of our military members on here and the families that support them.

I suggest everyone talk to a soldier. When I was in North Carolina for Memorial Day weekend and the reunion of my brother-in-laws army buddies was something special.

Just listening to them tell stories about their time over there, and the home videos they shot, was amazing. Really made me feel like a nothing. And one of their buddies got burned by a roadside bomb and is still recovering was inspirational.

I've always been a supporter of our military, but spending a day with them was something I wont forget. Best part for me was listening talk about PTSD and whether they have it, about driving down the middle of the street and looking in their mirrors at overpasses after they pass through them.

Its too bad we dont give our military enough to help our brave men and women after they finish defending our country.

Thank You to all of our military members on here and the families that support them.

Well said.

Just listening to them tell stories about their time over there, and the home videos they shot, was amazing. Really made me feel like a nothing. And one of their buddies got burned by a roadside bomb and is still recovering was inspirational. He was so positive and was still the jokester he was before the accident. And his wife and kids were all accepting that these things happen and he's alive and still functional.

Great post.

Last log in May 2nd. I hope he's OK.

If I remember right, when he was posting before it was while he was still in Kuwait. I would bet he's been deployed to Iraq and computer access is very limited there. I'm sure he's just fine.

Last log in May 2nd. I hope he's OK.

I doubt it. ;)

Just got confirmation that my cousin touched down in Georgia last night to a huge crowd of people. Welcome home Chris!! :headbang:

http://www.coastalcourier.com/news/article/7788/

Glad your cousin is home. You should tell him to quit the National Guard, err 3rd ID and go 101st. ;)

I doubt it. ;)

Glad your cousin is home. You should tell him to quit the National Guard, err 3rd ID and go 101st. ;)

He's not going anywhere. He put in his time over there and is done in September. Glad to see you're doing okay.

Nailed it. Sadly there is no drug on earth that can erase horrible memories of war and death.

He's not going anywhere. He put in his time over there and is done in September. Glad to see you're doing okay.

Good for him. Plus, with the new GI Benefits, if true, he needs to take his ass to college and get a degree and have some fun.

Archived