The lost art of the guitar solo...

TaborJet

Albert Collins is a MoFo! I cant find it on UTube - but I have a cut of him, Albert King, and Gary Moore (Thin Lizzy) swapping leads on Caledonia - blowaway stuff

Just found the vid you mentioned:

VSOwUACMXKQ

EDIT: What kind of balls does it take to even walk out on the stage and play rhythm for those giants? Moore holds his own, for sure. I like his modern sound against the standard blues vibe.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had one of those at one time BG...It was a very light guitar with a very thin neck-I didn't really like it and got rid of it somewhere...what a deal I got on that axe too. I found a bass for my buddy Tim same style from a house full of crackheads up in Jupiter some years ago-made that deal and got out of Dodge quick

That's really interesting since Berry really punishes his guitars. Thanks for the insight. How scary was that crack joint? LOL. Great story.

After noticing I didn't have Moonage Daydream on my Musicmatch I went over to Limewire and found Bowie and The Spiders Live from Santa Monica in 1972-what a show that was-I downloaded all 17 tracks. I used to have that album on vinyl and almost wore it out in the 70's.

I actually met Mick Ronson in a bar in Woodstock and it went bad fast....shame b/c I really admired him-another great who died way too young

No way you can leave it like that. What happened? Bowie's band from that era was amazing. I played bass back then and really liked Trevor Bolder.

Just found the vid you mentioned:

VSOwUACMXKQ

EDIT: What kind of balls does it take to even walk out on the stage and play rhythm for those giants? Moore holds his own, for sure. I like his modern sound against the standard blues vibe.

Dude! Thanks a million - thats a great jam by all 3 of them.

No way you can leave it like that. What happened? Bowie's band from that era was amazing. I played bass back then and really liked Trevor Bolder.

Oh OK we just got back....we were helping my cousin build a cabin up the mountain from Woodstock and went to a little bar in town to see Tom Pacheco and this band called Arabesque. It turns out that Ronson's wife was the lead singer and rhythm guitar player for Arabesque. So Mick's in the bar and I walk up to him and say "hey Mick ya know you and I are the only two people in here who have both of your solo albums". I meant it in a good kind of "I'm a big fan" type of way and he looks at me and kind of snarls and mumbles something to himself which I figured was prolly "what a wanker" and walks away

Oh OK we just got back....we were helping my cousin build a cabin up the mountain from Woodstock and went to a little bar in town to see Tom Pacheco and this band called Arabesque. It turns out that Ronson's wife was the lead singer and rhythm guitar player for Arabesque. So Mick's in the bar and I walk up to him and say "hey Mick ya know you and I are the only two people in here who have both of your solo albums". I meant it in a good kind of "I'm a big fan" type of way and he looks at me and kind of snarls and mumbles something to himself which I figured was prolly "what a wanker" and walks away

LOL! Gee, why would your comment bother him, I wonder? You're lucky he didn't take a shot at you. LOL. I also had Slaughter on Tenth Avenue. That makes three copies sold globally. I mentioned before that some f-head stole all of my albums during a move back to New York in 2001, one of which was this "gem" on vinyl.

It's really difficult to replace a guy with Brad Delp's voice. It's just so evocative of the band. I think Michael Sweet--formerly of Stryper of all bands--is his replacement. Anybody actually see Boston live? I have always heard they were not that good live. True or not?

Yeah, that's true, and when Brad Delp was singing, his voice wasn't as high or powerful at live concerts.

LOL! Gee, why would your comment bother him, I wonder? You're lucky he didn't take a shot at you. LOL. I also had Slaughter on Tenth Avenue. I mentioned before that some f-head stole all of my albums during a move back to New York in 2001, one of which was this "gem" on vinyl.

he would have made a big mistake had he taken a shot at me I was wit my boyz and as I said I really wasn't tryin to be a wiseass-did you see him do Heroes with Bowie and Hunter at the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert BG? I think that may have been his last live performance before the cancer killed him. His wife Suzie was the girl who did the Ziggy hairdos-she actually invented the mullett

Thank you. I never saw that jam before. I gotta give it to Moore. He is making that Gold Top scream. Awesome solos.

Gary Moore is awesome. I saw him way back when. I think it was when Victims of the Future was out. Somebody (I think Dio of all people) said that Moore wasn't the best looking guy, but if he was he'd be most popular guy out there.

he would have made a big mistake had he taken a shot at me I was wit my boyz and as I said I really wasn't tryin to be a wiseass-did you see him do Heroes with Bowie and Hunter at the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert BG? I think that may have been his last live performance before the cancer killed him. His wife Suzie was the girl who did the Ziggy hairdos-she actually invented the mullett

Hahaha. I know what you meant, just bustin'. I wonder if Joe Elliott sends a royalty to Suzie for the hairdo? That was a great concert. Here's the vid:

wVXYnRsGxJM

Gary Moore is awesome. I saw him way back when. I think it was when Victims of the Future was out. Somebody (I think Dio of all people) said that Moore wasn't the best looking guy, but if he was he'd be most popular guy out there.

Yeah, Ronnie James is such a looker. Isn't he from Middle Earth?

zvoeeq-BH4w

Oh yeah, I got it. Wow, now the video isn't available.

Great! Good job. The not available info. drives me nuts. They should let you know that it won't imbed before you post it. Don't give up, however. Scroll through the vids. There is often an alternate version of the same song that is postable. Just go back and make the edit.

Great! Good job. The not available info. drives me nuts. They should let you know that it won't imbed before you post it. Don't give up, however. Scroll through the vids. There is often an alternate version of the same song that is postable. Just go back and make the edit.

I think anything on youtube will embed. I think the problem is that the video gets pulled after it's posted. I know you had trouble with one I posted that I had just watched through JN. Otherwise, maybe it's your browser.

I think anything on youtube will embed. I think the problem is that the video gets pulled after it's posted. I know you had trouble with one I posted that I had just watched through JN. Otherwise, maybe it's your browser.

That might be correct, but I've posted vids seconds after watching them that didn't embed...and this happens frequently. Could someone have removed them that quickly?

That might be correct, but I've posted vids seconds after watching them that didn't embed...and this happens frequently. Could someone have removed them that quickly?

Check GangGreen's post. I use firefox and they all seem to work. They look like they work on IE too, but I don't watch the vids at work.

Check GangGreen's post. I use firefox and they all seem to work. They look like they work on IE too, but I don't watch the vids at work.

Vid in post #88 works; the one in post #89 does not. The one in #89 was the original that did not work. GG edited the post.

• 3 months later...

Archived