Paul Hackett to ruin another young QB

Sperm Edwards

Jamarcus Russell to learn from Paul Hackett's book report about why it's dumb to throw the ball past the first down marker. So much for big plays from the first pick in the country. At least his completion percentage will be higher.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/07/11/hackett-set-to-join-raiders/

Hackett set to join Raiders

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

Friday, July 11th, 2008 at 7:57 pm in Oakland Raiders.

I

They forgot to mention the punching bag that Hackett was at USC, or how almost immediately after they got rid of him they became the best team in the country for a few years. But hey, I'm sure Carson Palmer & Matt Leinart would have still lit up everyone at the college level with Paul Hackett teaching them the science of dumpoff passes.

Has no one noticed all the NFL QB's who have praised him also all had "doesn't have a cannon arm" used to describe them?

When hackett is in a position or authority, where decisions need to be made, he's terrible (OC, HC). However, as a QB consultant he's actually not that bad. Overrated by some, yes, but not as bad as you guys make him out either.

to allow his old AFL mad bomber offense to be so misled. I knew the Raiders were poorly run, but this is beyond parody.Teams will know how to defense the Waste Coast Offense-keep everyone within 7 yards of th LOS to clog and cover passing lanes, bump the recievers within 5 yards and run blitz a whole lot. Safeties will cheat up.

How does Hackett keep getting these jobs?

Jamarcus Russell to learn from Paul Hackett's book report about why it's dumb to throw the ball past the first down marker. So much for big plays from the first pick in the country. At least his completion percentage will be higher.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/07/11/hackett-set-to-join-raiders/

Hackett set to join Raiders

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

Friday, July 11th, 2008 at 7:57 pm in Oakland Raiders.

I

There could not possibly be a worst choice to mentor Jemarcus Russell. Everything about him is the antithesis to the Hackett dump off approach, and Davis' philosophy as well.

didn't know ya posted here johnny. I read gangreen & you are 1 funny dude

hacket & russell. they go together like rosie odonnell & brad pitt

Whoa whoa whoa. Hackett is going to be the OC? Say it ain't so. Poor Raiders. NOT! :rl: Morons.

Hackett is not going to be OC. Greg Knapp is their OC( who basically a helper as kiffin calls all of there plays. Knapp and a couple of their other coaches on staff are rumored to be leaving at the end of year(Teaming up in Seattle)

What hackett will do is probabbly help in Tutoring of Jamarcus Russell, extra eyes upstairs, and be possible replacement for Knapp at OC if he leaves. Since Kiffin calls all the plays, Hackett really wouldn't have any influence on their offense.

JMo Hackett has no chance of getting raiders head coaching job. His philosphy totally diffrent from AL Davis. JMO This clearly was a kiffin hiring. Probably wants a guy that he can trust , that not going to backstab him to Al Davis.

Considering the ability Vinny has been able to show even with his advancing years, one would think that hey, maybe in 2002, he still would have had enough left in the tank to do something with the Jets with a real HC and OC.

But I don't think Chadington was ruined, I think Hackett absolutely paid incredible dividends for him, because without Hackett I don't see Pennington ever having even 8 good games in a season, I see him just being exposed as a hack right from the beginning.

But I don't think Chadington was ruined, I think Hackett absolutely paid incredible dividends for him, because without Hackett I don't see Pennington ever having even 8 good games in a season, I see him just being exposed as a hack right from the beginning.

Exactly. Bash Hackett all you want, but for the Jets he was nothing more than a scapegoat for what the real problem was. Hackett knew Chad was limited and he knew those limitations are what tailored him to his offensive style.

Shoot me for this, but Hackett wasn't as bad as he's made out to be. He game planned around Chad, and sometimes, it worked. What killed it was the predictability. Now I know not the extreme science of X's and O's, but if I know what the frig is coming next, the entire world does.

Shoot me for this, but Hackett wasn't as bad as he's made out to be. He game planned around Chad, and sometimes, it worked. What killed it was the predictability. Now I know not the extreme science of X's and O's, but if I know what the frig is coming next, the entire world does.

Like he game planned around Vinny? The way he installed a WCO with an immobile pocket passer and 2 WR's under 6 feet tall and a blocking TE with no moves? The one thing Vinny brought to the table (other than experience in offenses not WCO-based) was a big arm. By the end of the year our RB's had almost as many receptions as our WR's.

Chad's game is best-suited to the no-guts philosophy Hackett adheres to. He didn't tailor his strategy to Chad's strengths. Chad fitting in with Hackett's take-no-chances mindset was pure coincidence.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived