Who gets booed the loudest tonight?

Gainzo

I'll give you a pass about '99 as you were a youngster. Tonights pre-game sucked. Why was Wade Boggs wearing a Yankees cap? Where was Yaz?

It was lame and drawn out.

I still remember it so my age means nothing. Having 49 of the greatest out there was awesome and doing it by position was even better. Wade Boggs was wearing a Yankee cap because the game is in YANKEE stadium and he actually won a Championship with the Yankees. Sure he played longer for the Red Sox, but he won as a Yankee.

Where was Yaz? Maybe he denied it? Ever think of that? Red Sox's players arn't welcome in NY anyway. :)

I still remember it so my age means nothing. Having 49 of the greatest out there was awesome and doing it by position was even better. Wade Boggs was wearing a Yankee cap because the game is in YANKEE stadium and he actually won a Championship with the Yankees. Sure he played longer for the Red Sox, but he won as a Yankee.

Where was Yaz? Maybe he denied it? Ever think of that? Red Sox's players arn't welcome in NY anyway. :)

Ted Williams coming out and being surrounded by the players (pure spontaneity) was a hell of a lot better than having guys stand at each position.

Yaz is probably half in the bag, so he may have turned down the offer to appear!

Ted Williams coming out and being surrounded by the players (pure spontaneity) was a hell of a lot better than having guys stand at each position.

Yaz is probably half in the bag, so he may have turned down the offer to appear!

So Ted Williams is bigger and better than the 49 players out there tonight? :rl: Maybe in the Boston area, but nowhere else. Everyone outside of your area knows this PreGame ceremony was better, Red Carpet and the best stadium in sports with all of its history, in all.

**** we had a basically dead body wheeled around tonight too in George Steinbrenner.

So Ted Williams is bigger and better than the 49 players out there tonight? :rl: Maybe in the Boston area, but nowhere else. Everyone outside of your area knows this PreGame ceremony was better, Red Carpet and the best stadium in sports with all of its history, in all.

**** we had a basically dead body wheeled around tonight too in George Steinbrenner.

The ceremony was bland and played out.

I think even Yankees fans will admit that Yankee Stadium is a dump. I've been there and its a ****hole.

I think even Yankees fans will admit that Yankee Stadium is a dump. I've been there and its a ****hole.

Fenway Park is a bigger **** hole, according to you and other Red Sox fans. ****, people have to park on others lawns to attend. Yankee Stadium may be somewhat of a dump inside, but thats what happens when you're up and running for 85 years. Too bad nobody has as great a history as Yankee Stadium has with 26 Championships by the Yankees, countless big moments, the first ever NFL Overtime Game, USA vs Hitler Boxing Matchup, Three Pope masses, soon a Rangers outdoor game and just countless other memories.

Fenway Park is a bigger **** hole, according to you and other Red Sox fans. ****, people have to park on others lawns to attend. Yankee Stadium may be somewhat of a dump inside, but thats what happens when you're up and running for 85 years. Too bad nobody has as great a history as Yankee Stadium has with 26 Championships by the Yankees, countless big moments, the first ever NFL Overtime Game, USA vs Hitler Boxing Matchup, Three Pope masses, soon a Rangers outdoor game and just countless other memories.

Then its too bad it will see the wrecking ball in a few short months.

BTW: You have never been to Fenway so your opinion doesn't mean squat :P

The seats are small and there are some obstructed views but thats about it. Ownership has really cleaned it up over the last 5 years.

Then its too bad it will see the wrecking ball in a few short months.

BTW: You have never been to Fenway so your opinion doesn't mean squat :P

The seats are small and there are some obstructed views but thats about it. Ownership has really cleaned it up over the last 5 years.

Sure it does. You don't have to be to a stadium to know about. I've known plenty of people who have went. And you just admitted it right there.

Yankee Stadium > Fenway Park, in every single aspect that matters. (Bars outside of it do not matter)

Yankee Stadium > Fenway Park, in every single aspect that matters. (Bars outside of it do not matter)

Based on your logic the old Boston Garden > Madison Square Garden.

The Celtics won 16 titles and the Bruins 5 in that building.

It is the third oldest stadium in baseball. It is filled with history and tradition. Yankee stadium SCREAMS baseball as much as Fenway or Wrigley does. It is a summer home to me.

I will miss it, and if I could keep the Yankees at home in the Stadium, I would. The new place won't be the same.

Archived