Stay Classy New York.......not

PFSIKH

.....but assulting him verbally and physically when he is alongside his PREGNANT WIFE? Unacceptable. I don't give a crap what spin you put on it, it's wrong.

F-his wife

She shouldn't have been there anyway

What did he expect...roses thrown his way???

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe anyone threatened or insulted his wife. They gave him exactly the response he invited. He knew he started the trouble and should have thought hard about whether he wanted her to hear the fallout.

He didn't care enough about her to spare her hearing what a POS people think her husband is.

What a bunch of toolbags you guys are.

What Papelbon should have said is, "I would love to close the game. However, this is Mo's house, he's the GOAT, and I would be honored to be the set up man in this game." The dickhead reporter would have only quoted the first sentence, though.

***** Papelbon's fat wife? She deserves it? And then you have the nerve to call someone else classless? Some of you are better than this, I know it. Some of you are giant toolbags and always have been.

Also, "If this was happening in Boston...." It's not, so stop using this weak argument.

Palpelbon is quilty of being stupid and niave enough to think that he, the closer of the Sox, was going to be applauded in the Bronx. Sorry fella, Yankee fans are just a passionate as Sox fans.....and just as retahded sometimes. However, he did NOTHING wrong. The culprit in all this is the reporter who got in wrong.

BTW - for those of you that think this would happen in Boston. Perhaps.....but it wouldn't be so bad. They would be atop a Duck Boat - far enough away where safety would not be a concern.;)

Yeah, the only person guilty of anything is the reporter paraphrasing Papelbon's words.

The only person? That's not true at all. Papelbon has plenty of responsibilty in this whole mess. Hopefully he learned 'cliche-speak' like most of his contemporaries. It's boring, but it keeps athletes out of these messes. Don't give the reporter any words to twist. Jeter has it down to a science, he has some very good people around him.

I would like to give a nod to Francona as well. Replacing the Yankees in the middle of the inning was a great move. He said and did all the right things this weekend. I hope Papelbon was watching.

The only person? That's not true at all. Papelbon has plenty of responsibilty in this whole mess. Hopefully he learned 'cliche-speak' like most of his contemporaries. It's boring, but it keeps athletes out of these messes. Don't give the reporter any words to twist. Jeter has it down to a science, he has some very good people around him.

I would like to give a nod to Francona as well. Replacing the Yankees in the middle of the inning was a great move. He said and did all the right things this weekend. I hope Papelbon was watching.

Thor, I'm sure you have heard many of Papelbons interviews. The man is a neanderthal mentally. Locally there is a weekly interview with him (he calls himself cinco ocho) on Comcast New England. They ask him the tough questions. Examples? Sure:

Who has the best hair on the team? Is Mike Lowell a better dancer than you? Where is Manny's head?

Anyway, my point is - he's stupid (although some of the Boston folks call it "refreshing" - which is a euphanism for stupid in this instance). Will he learn media-speak? Hopefully - but don't expect him to be savvy like Jeter or Francona - not happening.

BTW - it's too bad people can't be themselves. That this PC speak goes on because the REPORTERS CAN'T DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY BY REPORTING THE ACTUAL FACTS!!!! No offense, but that is absolutely bogus.

Thor, I'm sure you have heard many of Papelbons interviews. The man is a neanderthal mentally. Locally there is a weekly interview with him (he calls himself cinco ocho) on Comcast New England. They ask him the tough questions. Examples? Sure:

Who has the best hair on the team? Is Mike Lowell a better dancer than you? Where is Manny's head?

Anyway, my point is - he's stupid (although some of the Boston folks call it "refreshing" - which is a euphanism for stupid in this instance). Will he learn media-speak? Hopefully - but don't expect him to be savvy like Jeter or Francona - not happening.

I actually enjoy when players say what they feel, it is somewhat refreshing. However, you're right. Papelbon isn't smart enough to do this. Schilling says what's on his mind, but it never causes this much of an uproar. Probably because he actually has a brain.

It's sad that instead of the great game, the story of the weekend is Papelbon.

BTW - it's too bad people can't be themselves. That this PC speak goes on because the REPORTERS CAN'T DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY BY REPORTING THE ACTUAL FACTS!!!! No offense, but that is absolutely bogus.

I responded before you added this.

The only athlete that comes to mind who does speak his mind is Schilling.

And fans are always telling him to STFU.

I responded before you added this.

The only athlete that comes to mind who does speak his mind is Schilling.

And fans are always telling him to STFU.

I don't think Schilling is a very good example. He holds self-serving press conferences and I, personally, always question the motive and sincerity of what he says. Not nearly as much as the evil dooshy, Larry Lucchino though ;)

Had Jeter or Arod been in Boston, how do you think the Boston fans would treat them?

With the utmost respect? Doubt it

And I guarantee that all you Yankee fans would be talking about how stupid and pathetic Boston fans were that they take the words of Jeter and Arod and twisted them just so they'd have something to complain about

Papeljizz will never learn to shut up. Guys like this love being the center of attention. The fire got a little too hot for him after he ran his cake hole once again. He is just a loose lipped jock like many relievers who come and go. He too will fade in the wind like Rocker, Gagne, Benitez etc. Guys like Rivera and Hoffman never show up in stories like this. Why? They have class and brains.

The players are required to participate in a mandatroy press session - Papelbon was asked a question and he answered.

Some of you will just get your craw up about almost anything. He said he wanted to close because it's in his competitive nature, but understands it's the Godfather's time (Mo Rivera). ....and this gets him and his PREGNANT WIFE grief and things thrown at them. Seriously, what is wrong with you all? Chant "over-rated" all you want. Call him a d-bag.....but assulting him verbally and physically when he is alongside his PREGNANT WIFE? Unacceptable. I don't give a crap what spin you put on it, it's wrong.

They yelled curses at him, no doubt; Ask any Yankee player or fan what's said to them at Fenway, or what happaned in Falmouth recently.No one assaulted Papelbon or his wife physically. There were cops everywhere. And some like some guys and gals who are NYPD I know, a. aren't Yankee fans and b. don't give a fig about baseball at all. Some are even from Massachussets and are Sawx fans. So had anyone done anything like that or threw anything at him or his wife, they would've been rightfully locked up immediately , period. He's just making this up at this point.If he's not making it up, show us the complaint report he filed, or the 911 call he made. He's worse than classless; he's also a liar. Pathetic.

Hey Papelbon shut the f**k up you whiny *****.

OMG I can't believe a Red Sox player heard insults in NEW YORK. Why doesn't he grow the f**k and stop being a whiny *****.

Lying dirtbag too, nobody threatened his wife's life at a damn RED CARPET event. I doubt the Bleacher Creatures were at a RED CARPET event on 6th Avenue. What an idiot.

They yelled curses at him, no doubt; Ask any Yankee player or fan what's said to them at Fenway, or what happaned in Falmouth recently.No one assaulted Papelbon or his wife physically. There were cops everywhere. And some like some guys and gals who are NYPD I know, a. aren't Yankee fans and b. don't give a fig about baseball at all. Some are even from Massachussets and are Sawx fans. So had anyone done anything like that or threw anything at him or his wife, they would've been rightfully locked up immediately , period. He's just making this up at this point.If he's not making it up, show us the complaint report he filed, or the 911 call he made. He's worse than classless; he's also a liar. Pathetic.

Exactly right.

Hey Papelbon shut the f**k up you whiny *****.

OMG I can't believe a Red Sox player heard insults in NEW YORK. Why doesn't he grow the f**k and stop being a whiny *****.

Lying dirtbag too, nobody threatened his wife's life at a damn RED CARPET event. I doubt the Bleacher Creatures were at a RED CARPET event on 6th Avenue. What an idiot.

NEW YORK -- For most of the participants in Tuesday's MLB Red Carpet Parade, the question was, "What's it like to have a million people tell you they love you?"

For Boston Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon, the question was, "What's it like to have a million people tell you they hate you?"

cars_row_300.jpg

As you can see, all the cars were lined up in orderly fashion before the parade.

It's a question you never want to be in a position to answer -- but that's exactly where I found myself Tuesday when I served as the official driver for Papelbon's tricked-out Chevy Silverado as it crawled up Sixth Avenue in midtown Manhattan.

Before you remind me that Papelbon plays for the Red Sox and the parade was in the heart of Yankee Universe, you need to know a little more about what went into the recipe for this disaster.

It all began Monday during a 50-minute session Papelbon had with the media. During that session Papelbon said, "If I was managing the [All-Star] team, I would close." A blasphemous statement! Hasn't he heard of Yankee legend Mariano Rivera? Of course he has because at the end of his interview Papelbon said, "Mariano Rivera will be closing the 2008 All-Star Game in Yankee Stadium. I'm making a statement right now, saying I don't want it, I want him to have it.

Both of those statements appeared in the New York Daily News on Tuesday, but only the first one was played up on the tabloid's notorious back page. This gave the million people lined up on Sixth Avenue on Tuesday all the reason they needed ("Hey, Papelbum!") to elevate Papelbon from semi-hated status to Public Enemy No. 1.

Now you know

First of all, how do you know if Papelbon is lying? Were you there? Oh, wait - you know cops and make an assumption about what would have happened....whatever....

Most of you are missing the point here. I don't give a flying bleep what people say to Jonathan, throw at Jonathan or think about the guy. However, when such venom is directed towards a pregnant women - whether directly or as collateral damage - I have a problem with that. SHE IS PREGNANT.

Are you guys animals?

All that article shows is how much of a p*ssy Papelbon is. O noez they were throwing pens at me!! I"m a little bitch and I'm gonna whine and cry about all those mean Yankee fans!

Cry me a river. Go eat a dick Papelclownface

He was fearful/concerned/pissed off about his PREGNANT WIFE!

Chilvary is dead, obviously. 'cept for you, Faba. A true gentleman.

What happens at the visiting bullpen in Fenway during Yankee games ? Boo hoo hoo. It didn't take a genius to know he was going to get it. I'm happy he did. He's a loudmouth pole smoker. Wait til his next visit at Yankee stadium. I hope they give it to him harder. Crying fag.

Honestly, there are a few Yankee fans in this very thread who are absolutely classless tools.

You ruin it for the rest of a fantastic fanbase.

There are fans like that in EVERY fanbase, no matter how hard you try to disparage the Yankee one. You really think no Sox fan has ever said anything about a Yankee player's wife?

It's disgusting, yes. He's fair game, his wife shouldn't be. But stop trying to make out those few fans to be the only fans who would do such a thing.

There are fans like that in EVERY fanbase, no matter how hard you try to disparage the Yankee one. You really think no Sox fan has ever said anything about a Yankee player's wife?

It's disgusting, yes. He's fair game, his wife shouldn't be. But stop trying to make out those few fans to be the only fans who would do such a thing.

My God, you Yankee fans love pointing the finger at other fanbases.

I only bring this up because Yankee fans claim to be classier than any other fanbase.

You call it classless I call it hardcore. I am true to my roots. I've been kicked out stadiums on the west coast. I've been at the meadowlands and seen patsy fans get their asses kicked. I've enjoyed every minute of it. If I went to a pukes game I would expect abuse. I won't post and complain about it. I'm not a baby. That's what you have to expect. Stop crying and stfu.

You call it classless I call it hardcore. I am true to my roots. I've been kicked out stadiums on the west coast. I've been at the meadowlands and seen patsy fans get their asses kicked. I've enjoyed every minute of it. If I went to a pukes game I would expect abuse. I won't post and complain about it. I'm not a baby. That's what you have to expect. Stop crying and stfu.

Thats the truth right there. A Yankee fan goes to Fenway, does that Yankee fan expect to be welcomed with open arms, **** no.

I think thats the difference between a Yankee fan, and a Red Sox fan though. A Yankee fan will say something to your face, and will fight you one on one. From what you saw with that non baseball fan, having a New York tag getting jumped by 3 Red Sox fans, they did it obviously not one on one. Boston fans can't fight Yankee fans one on one, simple as that.

Its in our blood. I wouldn't even date someone who was a puke fan. My family would never speak to me. I laugh at how many PC people post here. Ny is full of hardcore fans and families. I relate with guys like JonE etc, who are not bandwagon morons. If you want to be a puke fan good for you. I am NOT a member on any Sox forum. I don't have the time for it. Some of you make me wonder how you have time to come here and bash the Mets and Yanks when you are Chowder ingestors.

Its in our blood. I wouldn't even date someone who was a puke fan. My family would never speak to me. I laugh at how many PC people post here. Ny is full of hardcore fans and families. I relate with guys like JonE etc, who are not bandwagon morons. If you want to be a puke fan good for you. I am NOT a member on any Sox forum. I don't have the time for it. Some of you make me wonder how you have time to come here and bash the Mets and Yanks when you are Chowder ingestors.

And you know what happens when the shoes on the other foot, when Yankee fans annoy the **** out of Red Sox fans, or anything to do with them, it's always wrong.

Just like listening to that idiot McCarver on the Fox Broadcast. Booing Papelbon will "intensify" the series. I expect Boston fans to be pissed, and boo our players when we go their next weekend. It's no change though, I don't know what the hell kind of weed McCarver is smoking.

Me, I would never join on a site that supports Bostonian teams. It's beyond me why they would want to do that.

Also, why the hell this guy who made this post, who is crying like a bitch. Would even make this post on a New York supported team website is beyond me. You want to go and complain about what the Yankee fans did, complain about it on a New England Gaytriots fan site.

F that cokehead. Who cares. The guy is a POS. And I seriously doubt the his wife was getting her life threatned down 6th Avenue.

And if a Yankee said the same remarks- someone in Boston probably would have taken his life.

Speaking of classy- how about the Boston fans celebrating the Celtics championship?

Papelbon is an ahole. Who cares.

What a total BS post. I would have expected better from you. Classless.

Archived