Somewhat of a silly question

Matt39

Alright, so I'm going to a wedding this weekend. I have a grey suit that I'll be wearing. Any suggestions on the color of shirt I should wear and what kind of tie?

Im sure someone can help. I suck.

Depends on the gray (charcoal, light, sharkskin), whether there is any pin striping (and the width and boldness of the stripes). If its a plain gray suit then try a striped shirt with a solid tie, if it's a pinstriped suit then go with a solid shirt and patterned or striped tie.

I know I'm going to take sh!t for that statement but I come from a long line of custom suit tailors and worked in the business when I was a kid.

female perspective here... white is boring... you arent going to a business dinner.

wear some snazzy color.. blue, purple, or dare i say pink... women love when a man isnt afraid to wear traditionally "female" colors.

of course you could follow what the men are saying.. LOL

:D

Being that I just used a powertool on a hot little 20 year old girl who still smelled like babypowder, I can comfortably answer this without feeling like a fag.

she is right. Go to brooks brothers if they have one near you, they have lots of cool shirts and ties, and their are usually some good color combo ideas right on display, and you can just look for the sharpest dressed salesperson and ask their opinion. Here are a few good choices if you are wearing grey(but depends on the shade of course).

313Q_Pink_th.jpgE114_Light-blue_th.jpgE123_Light-blue_th.jpg

female perspective here... white is boring... you arent going to a business dinner.

wear some snazzy color.. blue, purple, or dare i say pink... women love when a man isnt afraid to wear traditionally "female" colors.

of course you could follow what the men are saying.. LOL

:D

pink? No matter how masculine a guy is, or could be, pink just looks dumb. It doesn't even look gay, it's just a lame ass color.

Oh yeah, and Matt, make sure you keep your collar up and put a **** ton of jell in your hair. Chicks dig that, oh yeah, and slap them on the butt when they walk by, girlfriends love that even more.

Archived