Just got back from the Billy Joel concert

Jetlag

Holy crap was that awesome! He had a bunch of guests out for the concert at Shea. In order they were Tony Bennett, Garth Brooks, Steven Tyler, and Roger Daltrey. So leading up towards the end it was already a great show. Then Paul McCartney came up and they sang She's only Seventeen. Great performance. After that was Scenes from an Italian Restaurant followed by Billy Joel's normal closer Piano Man. Not on this night though. For the very last song, Paul came back out and they closed the show with Let It Be. AMAZING!

Holy crap was that awesome! He had a bunch of guests out for the concert at Shea. In order they were Tony Bennett, Garth Brooks, Steven Tyler, and Richard Daltrey. So leading up towards the end it was already a great show. Then Paul McCartney came up and they sang She's only Seventeen. Great performance. After that was Scenes from an Italian Restaurant followed by Billy Joel's normal closer Piano Man. Not on this night though. For the very last song, Paul came back out and they closed the show with Let It Be. AMAZING!

This better not be Roger Daltry or I'm coming to find you for this inexcusable error.;)

Wow, I'm drunk. Still inexcusable but...

Anyway I heard he was the lead singer of Black Sabbath, pretty cool right?

His original name was Flozzy Osfish in Sabbath. He had a brief stint in Lerd Sepplard, where he sang under the name Crobbert Slantly. Glad you had a good time at the show. I can't believe Billy is still playing. If you look at who's touring, it's many of the same acts that I would go see back in the 70s.

His original name was Flozzy Osfish in Sabbath. He had a brief stint in Lerd Sepplard, where he sang under the name Crobbert Slantly. Glad you had a good time at the show. I can't believe Billy is still playing. If you look at who's touring, it's many of the same acts that I would go see back in the 70s.

I don't think it's a tour. From what I heard it was a special event. They are making Wed and tonight's show into a movie that's going to be released in theaters next year so I'm told. For the record, my boy and I started the first "Let's go Billy clap clap...clapclapclap" chant. That's right!

I don't think it's a tour. From what I heard it was a special event. They are making Wed and tonight's show into a movie that's going to be released in theaters next year so I'm told. For the record, my boy and I started the first "Let's go Billy clap clap...clapclapclap" chant. That's right!

I saw a few clips on the news last night. It's amazing that he's still so popular.

Maybe Billy tipped so bad because your service really sucked.

Just sayin.'

That is possible, I find it hard to care when people want things. The truth is, the other servers ran away like ****roaches when the light comes on.

Simply fantastic. Over 3 hours in 90 plus humid heat. It was hot as hell but still, he put on a great show. Cameos by Garth Brooks("Shameless"), Tony Bennett("Ny State of Mind"), Roger Daltrey(My Generation"-as below, it was great) and Paul McCartney("Saw Here Standing There" and "Let It Be") closing the show.All were in great voice and looked good. Pretty much any popular song spare "Uptown Girl" and "Just the Way You Are"(ex-wives not being a happy subject, at one point telling a prospective groom to get a prenup) Joel did. And well.

Very odd thing- there Steven Tyler singing "Walk This Way", which was bizarre as anything I have ever seen. He looks older than Tony Bennett, and his surgery now rivals the Bride of Wildenstein. Someone in his management must've asked Joel for a favor, and it gave Joel a chance to spend 5 minutes in the AC. Every other guest interacted warmly with Joel, and Mccartney practically took over. Tyler did his song and left without ever talking with or embracing Joel. Very strange. BY all means, close the other thread.

Simply fantastic. Over 3 hours in 90 plus humid heat. It was hot as hell but still, he put on a great show. Cameos by Garth Brooks("Shameless"), Tony Bennett("Ny State of Mind"), Roger Daltrey(My Generation"-as below, it was great) and Paul McCartney("Saw Here Standing There" and "Let It Be") closing the show.All were in great voice and looked good. Pretty much any popular song spare "Uptown Girl" and "Just the Way You Are"(ex-wives not being a happy subject, at one point telling a prospective groom to get a prenup) Joel did. And well.

Very odd thing- there Steven Tyler singing "Walk This Way", which was bizarre as anything I have ever seen. He looks older than Tony Bennett, and his surgery now rivals the Bride of Wildenstein. Someone in his management must've asked Joel for a favor, and it gave Joel a chance to spend 5 minutes in the AC. Every other guest interacted warmly with Joel, and Mccartney practically took over. Tyler did his song and left without ever talking with or embracing Joel. Very strange. BY all means, close the other thread.

Tyler now looks like Katherine Helmond in Terry Gilliam's Brazil. Nice review.

Very cool you guys got to go see this historic event. His music isn't something I've had running through my mind much in recent years, but he did some incredibly great stuff that will always hang in my heart and head that's associated with some great times in my life.

awesome & thanks for the report lag & bugg. definetely one of the perks of living in nyc is being able to catch stuff like this.

I was stuck goin to the miss hawaiian tropics competition.

Damn the sucks JoeWillie :) I would have loved to have been at that concert I am sure it is something you will never forget

awesome & thanks for the report lag & bugg. definetely one of the perks of living in nyc is being able to catch stuff like this.

I was stuck goin to the miss hawaiian tropics competition.

If we don't get a report with images of the gals pronto, you are in deep trouble.

Archived