Men sentenced for setting friend's crotch ablaze

Lil Bit Special

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/07/21/state/n051523D56.DTL&tsp=1

Two practical jokers are behind bars for setting their passed-out drinking buddy's crotch ablaze while boozing in Grover Beach.

Matthew Craig Pillers and Jack Brent Nicholas Keiffer pleaded no contest to a felony great bodily injury charge.

Prosecutors say the 22-year-old Pillers, a parolee, was sentenced to two years in prison and the 19-year-old Keiffer got 45 days in San Luis Obispo County jail.

Elliot Tuleja was passed out when the men poured cologne on the man's groin and set him on fire on Jan. 18. Tuleja had second-degree burns on his testicles.

Oh really?

what did you "allegedly" do? :)

GOB this is an honest-to-god true story. Well, I go to Cal Poly and one thing about Cal Poly is that they have a pretty strong Greek Life... Well being a legacy and having alot of friends rushing, I ended up joining a fraternity. One thing fraternity's do is the sober ride system, where every weekend there are 3 people a night sober to give rides to all the drunk people in our fraternity so nobody drives or gets drunk in publics or whatever. So one night was my turn to sober drive and the shift runs from 8pm-2am. So i gave the last guy a ride, I'm driving home its about 2:30 and I get pulled over for rolling a stop sign. The cop asks me if ive been drinking, I say no because I hadn't been... he shines his flashlight on me and says my pupils are reacting funny, he has me step out of the car. This is 2:30am in central coast weather so its pretty chilly and all I have on is flip flops, gym shorts, and a tshirt, because I figured I'd never be getting out of my car. I start shivering and the cop says my body is tremoring. I fail sobriety tests and he arrests me for DUI... he thinks I'm on meth! So I get blood drawn, get thrown in jail for the night. Took me about 5 months to clear everything up, $1500 for an attorney, they towed my car so $300 to get it out of the impound... all because some dumb ass cop went on a power trip... freakin university police.

GOB this is an honest-to-god true story. Well, I go to Cal Poly and one thing about Cal Poly is that they have a pretty strong Greek Life... Well being a legacy and having alot of friends rushing, I ended up joining a fraternity. One thing fraternity's do is the sober ride system, where every weekend there are 3 people a night sober to give rides to all the drunk people in our fraternity so nobody drives or gets drunk in publics or whatever. So one night was my turn to sober drive and the shift runs from 8pm-2am. So i gave the last guy a ride, I'm driving home its about 2:30 and I get pulled over for rolling a stop sign. The cop asks me if ive been drinking, I say no because I hadn't been... he shines his flashlight on me and says my pupils are reacting funny, he has me step out of the car. This is 2:30am in central coast weather so its pretty chilly and all I have on is flip flops, gym shorts, and a tshirt, because I figured I'd never be getting out of my car. I start shivering and the cop says my body is tremoring. I fail sobriety tests and he arrests me for DUI... he thinks I'm on meth! So I get blood drawn, get thrown in jail for the night. Took me about 5 months to clear everything up, $1500 for an attorney, they towed my car so $300 to get it out of the impound... all because some dumb ass cop went on a power trip... freakin university police.

Sounds like some campus cop needs to go back to Standardized Field Sobriety Task school and learn how to read pupils. Did he do the Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus (The follow the tip of finger with your eyes only routine)?

Being a Detective now, I can only imagine the look on the OIC's face when he got the results back from the lab it said, "NOT DETECTED" all over the damn thing.

Sucks you had to go through that.

Archived