Do You Smuggle Food & Drink Into Sporting Events?

So tickets are though the rough, parking is out of control, gas is at $4 a gallon, and concession prices are so high that Trump even needs a loan to get a dog and beer.

It's time to turn the tables and BYOB/BYOF.

I've been known to use my daughter's bag, filled with her small toys, snacks, and other supplies when I take her to a game. Absent of that however, it's only what I can put in a pocket or in the small of my back....and since I have a gun either on my right hip or left ankle when I roll to Detroit, there's one less spot to hide something.

My tactic is to use products sold inside the stadium as an inconspicuous means. Don't bring a bottle of Coke to Comerica where they only sell Pepsi.

Of course there's no substitute for a quality Best Kosher 1/4 pound hot dog loaded with grilled onions so it is necessary to drop at least $5 on that.

What do some of guys smuggle in and how do you do it?

I remember back in the day you were allowed to bring in a bag and my dad and I would bring in some sandwhiches, chips & soda into the Jets games. No more. Its hard to smuggle in food but I have been known recently to bring in two or three beers. Hey, they don't check your ass and most people have jeans with ass pockets. :)

One time I brought a friend of mine to a Jet game, he's a chef at a restaurant in Manhattan. he brought this huge hunk of Italian bread that was hollowed out, and put a bottle of Bacardi inside of it. he cut the top off the bread so you could take it off and pour and then put it back. we were getting laughed at every time we were pouring. good times!

That was back in the 90's.

You would think that a place like Detroit would be home to some tougher security measures since even the preschoolers have AR-15s over here, but it's mix and match.

At Joe Louis Arena, they run you through metal detectors....not that I have to worry about that. :) Fortunately they let LEOs sign in and keep their pieces.

At Comerica, they only check bags and there is no check of the person.

At Ford Field, you get the Rutherford-esque pat down on the sides, but they don't check the ankles....which is where I usually have my off-duty gun in the winter. Coats are searched as well.

At the Palace, they won't let you bring anything in and check everything. Not even LEOs can have their guns there, which is straight up BS.

Comerica is the easiest for smuggling food, followed by the Joe as long as it isn't in metal. Lions and Pistons game though, forget it.

One time I brought a friend of mine to a Jet game, he's a chef at a restaurant in Manhattan. he brought this huge hunk of Italian bread with a bottle of Bacardi inside of it. he cut the top off the bread so you could take it off and pour and then put it back. we were getting laughed at every time we were pouring. good times!

That is ingenious. That deserves an award.

So tickets are though the rough, parking is out of control, gas is at $4 a gallon, and concession prices are so high that Trump even needs a loan to get a dog and beer.

It's time to turn the tables and BYOB/BYOF.

I've been known to use my daughter's bag, filled with her small toys, snacks, and other supplies when I take her to a game. Absent of that however, it's only what I can put in a pocket or in the small of my back....and since I have a gun either on my right hip or left ankle when I roll to Detroit, there's one less spot to hide something.

My tactic is to use products sold inside the stadium as an inconspicuous means. Don't bring a bottle of Coke to Comerica where they only sell Pepsi.

Of course there's no substitute for a quality Best Kosher 1/4 pound hot dog loaded with grilled onions so it is necessary to drop at least $5 on that.

What do some of guys smuggle in and how do you do it?

wear a tee shirt with a picture of yerself from 2 yrs ago when you were 60 lbs heavier.

that should allow you to strap a garbage bag full a stuff around your midsection ;)

well i have been known to stuff a jackets full of stuff and that is down here in FLA.. with the weather up north you should easily be able to stuff a nice big Northface or Columbia jacket full with beer and get away with it.. just dont fill the pockets go for the insides of the arms and/or cut a lil hole in the inner layer and stuff that thing.. used to work great in my college days in Minnesota

One time I brought a friend of mine to a Jet game, he's a chef at a restaurant in Manhattan. he brought this huge hunk of Italian bread that was hollowed out, and put a bottle of Bacardi inside of it. he cut the top off the bread so you could take it off and pour and then put it back. we were getting laughed at every time we were pouring. good times!

You gotta write that story up and submit it to some magazine like The New Yorker. Hilarious and really inventive.

At Shea you're allowed to bring food in a plastic bag, same as the meadowlands. The beverage is a problem as they make you take the caps of of the bottles.

For Jets games, I always bring good Italian sausage with peppers and onions. It's always the last thing I put on the grill because when it's done (and we're done eating everything else) I will stuff it into a nice hero, wrap it up in foil and walk right into the meadowlands with it. Totally allowed. Yes, I do eat a lot but that's my business. ;)

Reminds me of that bud light commercial.

aEWtTVaIH0M

Archived