*Official Yanks/Sox July 25th weekend Thread

Matt39

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely outcome, one team wins 2 of 3.:yawn:

However, let's say one team sweeps:

Yankees sweep. :DThey are tied with Boston, for 2nd place in the AL East, and also for the Wild Card. Probably pick up 1 or 2 games on the Rays, who are on the road, where they have struggled this season. This also means the Yankees intensify their attempts to add a starter and/or a bat before the trade deadline.

Bosox sweep. :bag:They will have pushed the Yankees to 6 games out of 1st, and probably 4.5 or 5.5 out of the WC. I believe that there will be no deals made at the trade deadline, and you will see Kennedy and Hughes get opportunities real soon. It will be let's see what we have for 2009.

Boston's home so I used their icon (barf)

But this should be another GREAT series. Joba vs Beckett tomorrow night, cant wait.

LETS GO YANKS!!!!

It will be interesting to see how Joba handles starting at Fenway. Its going to be a pressure cooker out on the mound.

I wonder if Joba will be so brave to throw at Youkilis in Fenway Park with Beckett opposing him, instead of in Yankee Stadium with Wakefield going.

Thats a great point. The plot thickens as we move toward Friday night's game.

You mean if he comes within two feet of him and Youkilis starts bitching to the umpire?:D

Really? Those two pitches right at Youks head were two feet away?

I guess you were watching the game through these...

340x.jpg

Really? Those two pitches right at Youks head were two feet away?

I guess you were watching the game through these...

I was talking about the last time they played...on Sunday night. Joba threw it nowhere near him and behind him and he looked back at Joba like he was ready to go. Then he came out of the dugout the next inning and was complaining to the umpire.

Anyway, I hope there's a brawl this weekend. Would be fun for everyone. :)

i hope the fans give it to him worse than the yanks fans gave it to paplebon.

come on boston fans don't let me down

Its going to be ugly with all of the boos. I'm not sure Joba will be able to handle the pressure.

I wonder if Joba will be so brave to throw at Youkilis in Fenway Park with Beckett opposing him, instead of in Yankee Stadium with Wakefield going.

I hope he does, and drills him right in his skull. Just like "Pete" made a living in YOUR team's uniform for years.

Its going to be ugly with all of the boos. I'm not sure Joba will be able to handle the pressure.

Joba is a man, not a faggot like your reliever. He shows it by his behavior. You don't see Joba crying like a bitch in the papers of dancing around like a fudgepacker.

Joba is a man, not a faggot like your reliever. He shows it by his behavior. You don't see Joba crying like a bitch in the papers of dancing around like a fudgepacker.

Nice to see that you are "in form" for this series. Joba is going to crumble tomorrow.

Puh-leeze. Your crappy team will continue it's downward spiral. Can't wait to get into that bullpen.

:lick chops smiley:

My "crappy" team?

I think Joba is going to crumble under the pressure tomorrow. Thats just my opinion.

there's only 1 thing that can stop Joba:

yanks-bug-spray-among-mlb-auction-items.jpg

ehhh ahhh in the mouth

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I hope he does, and drills him right in his skull. Just like "Pete" made a living in YOUR team's uniform for years.

:roll:

I think this series is going to have a 2003, 2004 edge to it.

It would not surprise me in the least if we had some brushbacks by the Yankees and some head hunting from the Red Sox.

The Sox always like to instigate these kind of shenanigans. :P

Series should be alot of fun, espeically tonight with Joba and Beckett going.

I think they will split Saturday and Sunday. The question is though who wins tonight.

I think this series is going to have a 2003, 2004 edge to it.

It would not surprise me in the least if he had some brushbacks by the Yankees and some head hunting from the Red Sox.

The Sox always like to instigate these kind of shenanigans. :P

Series should be alot of fun, espeically tonight with Joba and Beckett going.

I think they will split Saturday and Sunday. The question is though who wins tonight.

I think whomever wins tonight will go a long way to determine this series. Yanks want to keep their momentum going and the Sox are a great home team. Should be interesting for sure.

I don't believe Joba will crumble, but I think they'll get to him. I'm not sure the Yanks can get to Beckett. Since the series is in the big green pisspot in the fens, I'm predicting a 2-1 split in Boston's favor and hoping for better.

Im freaking going to philly today until monday which means no yankees vs redsox:ahhh:

The last time I went on a vacation while the Yanks and Sox had a series I came home finding out the Yankees swept them in 5 games, so hopefully they get another sweep:cheers:

LOL. All 37,000 fans are going to make a lot of noise.

Yankee stadium is louder during batting practice.

Archived