*Official Yanks/Sox July 25th weekend Thread

Matt39

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ansky

Leave Thor alone

He found a man he's infatuated with, and nothing will keep him from following me around

It's sort of cute....lol

I don't understand. I'm only here after the Sox win, and you're only here when the Yankees win. How is it we're ever here at the same time?

And I'm not really following you around. It's more of a gravitational pull.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/ After telling ESPNdeportes today that he would not block a trade if the Red Sox could find a trading partner, Manny Ramirez expanded on that in his first comments since the situation with him and the team reached a head this weekend.

In a session that lasted just fewer than two minutes with assembled reporters in the Red Sox clubhouse, Ramirez confirmed that statement.

"What I said was if the Red Sox they think they could find a trade that's going to make the team better and both sides are going to be happy, I'm going to agree," he said. "But if they cannot find a trade... It's something simple. It's no big deal. At the end of the season, all they've got to do is call my agent and say, 'Hey, we're not going to pick Manny's option for '09, he's going to become a free agent. And that's it. I go my way, and you guys go your way, something simple."

Do you feel like they want you to go your separate ways?

"I don't know, that's my idea. That's it, something simple. I don't want to talk to them about contracts right now. So what? I know they got me, but enough is enough. I'm tired of them, they're tired of me. After 2008, just send me a letter or whatever. You don't even got to call my agent or whatever. 'Hey, thank you for everything. You're going to become a free agent. We're not going to pick up your option in '09.'"

Do you expect that to happen?

"That will happen. They're not stupid."

When they've talked to you, have they expressed their problem with you?

"Boston is not stupid. They're not going to do it. They can say whatever they want. But when it comes to make a deal, they're not going to pull the trigger, because they know what they've got here."

Are you happy here?

"I'm happy. But enough is enough."

When you say "enough is enough," what does that mean?

"That's it. You've got to ask Tito and John Henry, they know."

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/ After telling ESPNdeportes today that he would not block a trade if the Red Sox could find a trading partner, Manny Ramirez expanded on that in his first comments since the situation with him and the team reached a head this weekend.

In a session that lasted just fewer than two minutes with assembled reporters in the Red Sox clubhouse, Ramirez confirmed that statement.

"What I said was if the Red Sox they think they could find a trade that's going to make the team better and both sides are going to be happy, I'm going to agree," he said. "But if they cannot find a trade... It's something simple. It's no big deal. At the end of the season, all they've got to do is call my agent and say, 'Hey, we're not going to pick Manny's option for '09, he's going to become a free agent. And that's it. I go my way, and you guys go your way, something simple."

Do you feel like they want you to go your separate ways?

"I don't know, that's my idea. That's it, something simple. I don't want to talk to them about contracts right now. So what? I know they got me, but enough is enough. I'm tired of them, they're tired of me. After 2008, just send me a letter or whatever. You don't even got to call my agent or whatever. 'Hey, thank you for everything. You're going to become a free agent. We're not going to pick up your option in '09.'"

Do you expect that to happen?

"That will happen. They're not stupid."

When they've talked to you, have they expressed their problem with you?

"Boston is not stupid. They're not going to do it. They can say whatever they want. But when it comes to make a deal, they're not going to pull the trigger, because they know what they've got here."

Are you happy here?

"I'm happy. But enough is enough."

When you say "enough is enough," what does that mean?

"That's it. You've got to ask Tito and John Henry, they know."

He is bi-polar.

From Phil Hughes Blog:

Hey everyone, glad to say I'll be making a rehab start tomorrow for the GCL Yankees here in FL. Can't wait to get on the mound again and back in the swing of things.

I'll be back a little later with some info regarding the contests I'll be running on the blog. See ya.

Blog address: http://www.yardbarker.com/users/philhughes

Manny has been "Manny" for as long as I remember....now it's a big deal because the Sox FO WANTS TO TO THINK IT IS. They are unparralleled at generating propaganda to vault their own agenda onto the population. Swear to Gawd, RSN is stoopid.

Manny has been "Manny" for as long as I remember....now it's a big deal because the Sox FO WANTS TO TO THINK IT IS. They are unparralleled at generating propaganda to vault their own agenda onto the population. Swear to Gawd, RSN is stoopid.

No doubt, but the more they paint Manny as being an ass clown the more it will be accepted when Big Papi walked 250 times if Manny is traded.

You do have to give the FO a ton of credit the way they lead Red Sawx Nation around by the nose.

They are setting themselves up so when they dont pickup Manny's option they dont get sh!t for it. And the media is falling for it hook,line and sinker. And the dumb fan base for some reason pay attention to the words that Shaughnessy writes.

going to be a fun few months in Bawston.

No doubt, but the more they paint Manny as being an ass clown the more it will be accepted when Big Papi walked 250 times if Manny is traded.

Manny is currently being potrayed (by the radio,tv,and especially print media in Boston - care of the Sox FO) as a "distraction." He's no longer just an azz-clown. He's a clubhouse cancer. Nevermind all the former players who say otherwise. Nope. He's a cancer. People are buying into it too. Took a listen to WEEI. The machine is working it's magic. Sheep. Red Sox fans are like sheep. Theo Epstein - who's really kind of an azzhole - he's Gawd and Larry Lucchino is the evil genius behind the curtain. John Henry is the stick figure money man and Tom Werner is just a fag....the same man that came up with that show "Sox Appeal" - the red sox dating show. It's enough to make one throw up.

Manny is currently being potrayed (by the radio,tv,and especially print media in Boston - care of the Sox FO) as a "distraction." He's no longer just an azz-clown. He's a clubhouse cancer. Nevermind all the former players who say otherwise. Nope. He's a cancer. People are buying into it too. Took a listen to WEEI. The machine is working it's magic. Sheep.

I agree.

It is status quo for what Manny is and how the current FO feels about their star.

Now, that he is not a consistent 40+ HR and 130+ RBI guy, his cancer is more dangerous. They keep doing this negative and losing him becomes more palatible.

Manny is currently being potrayed (by the radio,tv,and especially print media in Boston - care of the Sox FO) as a "distraction." He's no longer just an azz-clown. He's a clubhouse cancer. Nevermind all the former players who say otherwise. Nope. He's a cancer. People are buying into it too. Took a listen to WEEI. The machine is working it's magic. Sheep. Red Sox fans are like sheep. Theo Epstein - who's really kind of an azzhole - he's Gawd and Larry Lucchino is the evil genius behind the curtain. John Henry is the stick figure money man and Tom Werner is just a fag....the same man that came up with that show "Sox Appeal" - the red sox dating show. It's enough to make one throw up.

they have won the world series twice though.... got to give them a little credit.:D

Here are the lineups for the finale of the Sox-Yankees series...

Red Sox

1. Dustin Pedroia, 2B

2. Kevin Youkilis, 1B

3. David Ortiz, DH

4. Manny Ramirez, LF

5. Mike Lowell, 3B

6. J.D. Drew, RF

7. Jason Varitek, C

8. Alex Cora, SS

9. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF

Jon Lester, SP

Yankees

1. Johnny Damon, DH

2. Derek Jeter, SS

3. Bobby Abreu, RF

4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B

5. Xavier Nady, LF

6. Robinson Cano, 2B

7. Richie Sexson, 1B

8. Melky Cabrera, CF

9. Jose Molina, C

Sidney Ponson, SP

Lugo on Manny:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/07/lugo_on_manny.html

Julio Lugo, who started working on his rehab in the pool three days ago, and said he's ahead of schedule on his return, also talked about his good friend Manny Ramirez. Lugo defended the left fielder on the current situation, and about his knee injury. Ramirez said, when I asked him how his knee was, "It's OK. I'm sucking it up. I'm playing."

"I've been here two years, I think I'm one of the guys closest with Manny," Lugo said. "I've been closer to Manny than anybody else. As a friend I'm trying to defend him. He cares so much. He does so much to be ready. Sometimes things distract him. Things just came together. I don't think he means anything.

He [felt] real bad about the Jack [McCormick, the team's traveling secretary] thing. He apologized to Jack and he apologized to [Kevin] Youkilis. Those things, nobody even mentioned that. I don't think anybody mentioned that. Sometimes people misjudge him. People think he don't care. That's not the way it is. I think you guys should know that. He's the first guy to come here, the only guy who gets up at 10 o'clock in the morning every day is Manny, to get set. It's unfortunate that things like that happen. He shouldn't be doing that stuff. He's a mature guy. He understands he made a mistake. Just move on, ask for forgivenness, like he should, and move on."

What about the problem with the knee?

"That's something that you can't say. He says he's hurting, he's hurting. Nobody knows. Sometimes you've got tendonitis in your knee and it doesn't show anything. But if you're hurting, you're hurting. I can't say anything. I know Manny, he plays every day. He's been hurt for a while. They ask me the same thing, 'Is he hurt?' I'm like, 'He tells me that he's hurting. I can't tell you that he's not hurting.' I shouldn't even be saying that. I know. I know he's been hurt for a while. If you ask me, that's what I'm going to tell you. He tells me that he's hurt and I believe him."

Does he want to be here?

"Of course he wants to be here. That's not true that you can't trade Manny. Somebody's going to take him. I mean he's been the best hitter in baseball. Manny wants to be here. I think he wants to finish here. He just wants to be settled, like everybody else."

they have won the world series twice though.... got to give them a little credit.:D

True.

I am reading one of the 1000s of books that came out after 2004 and did not realize what levels of ineptness the Yawkey Brain Trust (insert joke here) rose to. That we had a consistent winner for a better part of their ownership is amazing.

Nope. Current ownership and management is the most manipulative liars in sports. They can win another five WS and I won't give a hoot in heaven.

Nope. Current ownership and management is the most manipulative liars in sports. They can win another five WS and I won't give a hoot in heaven.

They are the model franchise- win, gouge fans for more money, and get them to think they are part of something so they can be further gouged.

Sure it sucks for those who realize what they are doing, but if you're a brain-dead slob this is all fun and games. Thats why I've always wondered if its better to be stupid, because you dont realize how bad things are and you just enjoy every moment.

What would you rather have? The previous ownership that tried to play the small market crap?

I want Henry and Company compared to the Yawkey's.

btw, where are the yankee fans? A Mets fan, a hate Theo fan, and a sawx fan just hanging out enjoying a rain delay.

Hope they are running the T past 12:45 tonight.

JonE's cue is 7 seconds after the next Yankee victory. That could be tonight or during their next series.

Sometimes I think I am one of the few Yankee fans that show up after games the Yankees don't win... lol... Ruben may be the other.

I have 27,000 posts. If I posted on days when the Yankees won only I would like 24,000. :)

Archived