JORDAN WILL BE TRADED OR RELEASED

SayNoToDMC

JORDAN WILL BE TRADED OR RELEASED

Posted by Mike Florio on July 24, 2008, 5:43 p.m. EDT

A league source tells us that the anticipated Friday showdown between the Raiders and running back LaMont Jordan won’t happen.

Instead, we’re told that the Raiders will release or trade Jordan in the very near future.

If he’s released (and our money is on that one), he’ll join the crowd of unemployed veteran tailbacks. So, instead of Hard Knocks with the Dallas Cowboys, we think HBO should throw Jordan and Shaun Alexander and Cedric Benson and Najeh Davenport and any other veteran running back we’re overlooking into the same house, with one phone, one bathroom, one hamper, and a lot of cameras.

He was a good RB for us, though obviously we have no need for him on our roster I think he's better then anyone else on that list of veteran TB's and should get picked up somewhere.

Don't forget Randy Moss was a lazy sorry excuses for a receiver in Oakland as well. Most players careers seem to stall out under crazy Al's watchful eye.

Bad example to use, he'd already proven what a lazy POS he was in Minny.

'I'll play, when I want to play'

Jordan was leading all rushers for the first 5-6 weeks. He injured his back. Fargas came in and so it goes. Look at Jordans YPC (yards per carry) Vs. Fargas. His was better. So is he fat and lazy? Or did the injury stop his year of carring the rock. Like someone said, ALL the Jets fans loved him while he was here.

Jordan was leading all rushers for the first 5-6 weeks. He injured his back. Fargas came in and so it goes. Look at Jordans YPC (yards per carry) Vs. Fargas. His was better. So is he fat and lazy? Or did the injury stop his year of carring the rock. Like someone said, ALL the Jets fans loved him while he was here.

Not all.. I hated him when he was here too. I thought he was drastically overrated, and still do.

Not all.. I hated him when he was here too. I thought he was drastically overrated, and still do.

Hating him when he was here is just plain ignorant. He was a very solid number 2 back. Not wanting him to be a starter when he was here is another ting entirely, but hating him is just stupid.

Hating him when he was here is just plain ignorant. He was a very solid number 2 back. Not wanting him to be a starter when he was here is another ting entirely, but hating him is just stupid.

No, I just saw what everyone else failed to see.. He was a backup, period. I agree, he was an OK backup.... better than 1/2 the backups, not as good as the other 1/2 of the backups around the league... That was my opinion then and it's proving to be right.

He's lazy, he has fumbilitis, and for a big guy he runs like a scatback because he's not motivated. When motivated, like he was in that playoff game in SD, he can be a good player, but he didn't bring that often. He was ok when he had 5-6 carries, but with 20 he broke down.. no shocker

No, I just saw what everyone else failed to see.. He was a backup, period. I agree, he was an OK backup.... better than 1/2 the backups, not as good as the other 1/2 of the backups around the league... That was my opinion then and it's proving to be right.

He's lazy, he has fumbilitis, and for a big guy he runs like a scatback because he's not motivated. When motivated, like he was in that playoff game in SD, he can be a good player, but he didn't bring that often. He was ok when he had 5-6 carries, but with 20 he broke down.. no shocker

Everyone else failed to see?? There was a small contingent who felt Lamont was better than Curtis, but they were the minority and fairly ignorant themselves. But Jordan was an excellent number 2 back for us, which is what most people felt. I guess most other people could see just as well as the omnipotent aec4 :yawn:

:lol: Good ol' LaMont.

The only man who can sign a $20+ million contract for just racking up yardage in the 4th quarter when the defense is worn down thanks to Curtis Martin and the time of the game. The LaMont special:

One or two carries in the first 50 minutes and about 7-10 in the final 10 minutes, making him seem better than he is.

Scrub. :rl:

Archived