Any reports on Marcus Henry?

NFLs StepChild

He wasn't exactly hurt but he also wasn't healed. His foot problems from college carried over so the jeysvdecided to **** him down for the year

That's what i think too. The guy was running fine and i bet it just pained him to do so, knowing that he wouldn't get enough minutes to make it worthwhile, they IRed him. It wouldn't be the first time a team did this to a rookie with lingering injuries.

I won't be suprised if he has an "injury" and finds himself on the PUP this year; kinda like an NFL red-shirtting; let him learn the playbook and speed of the game from the sideline.

But...but...that's illegal. And the Jets would never participate in anything that is against the rules.

But...but...that's illegal. And the Jets would never participate in anything that is against the rules.

no one is saying he wasn't hurt...he probably just wasn't hurt enough to warrant a full year off.

Illegal would be allowing him to practice with the team throughout the year. I only know of one team that pulls that off and get caught...hint: they play in New England.

no one is saying he wasn't hurt...he probably just wasn't hurt enough to warrant a full year off.

Illegal would be allowing him to practice with the team throughout the year. I only know of one team that pulls that off and get caught...hint: they play in New England.

Oh so "injury" doesn't insinuate that it's something that's made up? I have such a hard time with this internet sarcasm thing. ;)

most rookie WR take about 3 years to develop - if at all.

it's not an instant impact position

yes there are exceptions like Terry Glenn, Randy Moss or Marques Colston

but Henry didn't show anything like those guys in college.

bottom line don't put too much stock into Marcus Henry in 08. If he gets his first reception this year I'd be surprised. Heck he might not make the roster and end up taxi squad.

Henry was non-exsistent. It was all about Coles, Cotchery, Smith and Stuckey.

Maybe you better add Raymond to that list. The speedy WR from Brown. Seems he caught two long bombs from Ratliff yesterday.

Not saying he will do it again today, but he might be someone to keep an eye on

Henry made one small catch like 7 yards in the evening practice. He has decent height, relatively slender build, but at the same time doesn't show the explosion off the line that both smith and stuckey have.

The same could have been said of Cotchery in his first camp. Hope this kid has similar upside.

Oh so "injury" doesn't insinuate that it's something that's made up? I have such a hard time with this internet sarcasm thing. ;)

I sure as hell WAS being sarcastic. :P Coming from a coach who's antics include using the PUP for players that don't pass his pre-camp conditioning jog, I could see another IR resting spot for Henry. It wouldn't be "lying" or "breaking rules"...every player develops some sort of soreness during TC.

What's that Chad guy (WR from Florida) doing these days in NE? Is he off of IR, yet?