The More I thnk about this team...

madmike1

The more i think that they are doing themselves a disservice with this QB situation. This is CLEARLY a playoff caliber team on paper if they get ANY KIND OF DECENT QB PLAY. To go into this season with a midget young guy who has proven NOTHING and Chad who has no arm really is a joke. They are punting the season with these QBs.

The more i think that they are doing themselves a disservice with this QB situation. This is CLEARLY a playoff caliber team on paper if they get ANY KIND OF DECENT QB PLAY. To go into this season with a midget young guy who has proven NOTHING and Chad who has no arm really is a joke. They are punting the season with these QBs.

which is the reason we stocked up on a strong RBBC and a FB that can open holes-Clemens doesn't have to be great under these circumstances Mike-he only has to NOT kill us, like Chad (with his interceptions) will do...teams have won super bowls with less than greatness under center....two words Trent Dilfer

which is the reason we stocked up on a strong RBBC and a FB that can open holes-Clemens doesn't have to be great under these circumstances Mike-he only has to NOT kill us, like Chad (with his interceptions) will do...teams have won super bowls with less than greatness under center....two words Trent Dilfer

Good Oline + Mediocre QB or Good Oline + Good QB

The good online just makes it EVEN MORE MORONIC that they didn't bring in a legit QB. They have a real chance to WIN this season.

Unless they get Favre it's too late now...

You make it sound like they had so many options to go to this offseason, you know who the best QB was this offseason...Byron Leftwich. Yeah hes such a better choice than what we have, taking the worst qualities of the QB's we already have.

If Favre hadnt become available, this would be a nonissue, even now Favre is far too overrated and risky to bring in and lead this team, whether its age, play carelessness, or just plain uncertainty

you guys are dreamin

Mangini isn't gonna bring in a QB older than he is

btw farve kinda sucks these days

i don't care what he did in the regular season

he get to the post season and throws up ducks every year.

extremely overrated, and a diva.

you guys are dreamin

Mangini isn't gonna bring in a QB older than he is

btw farve kinda sucks these days

i don't care what he did in the regular season

he get to the post season and throws up ducks every year.

extremely overrated, and a diva.

Jesus Christ I HATE that argument. GET US TO THE PLAYOFFS then we'll worry about his "ducks." The Jets are NOT a playoff team right now.

Will they be a QB with a 95 QB rating and 28 TD's?

there's no guaruntee Farve will have a 95 rating again

its like they say on wall st

past performance doesn't guaruntee future results.

oh and FWIW i have to look up the exact numbers but Chad's career rating is 90 or so, they don't have to give up a top 60 pick for Chad.

there's no guaruntee Farve will have a 95 rating again

its like they say on wall st

past performance doesn't guaruntee future results.

oh and FWIW i have to look up the exact numbers but Chad's career rating is 90 or so, they don't have to give up a top 60 pick for Chad.

Be realistic. Whos the better QB for 2008 Pennington or Favre?

I guess farve but it's not about better its about value. Farve is twice the price and you have to give up a pretty high pick to get him.

SHort term money and one pick. it's a no brainier. Who knows what will happen next year.

SHort term money and one pick. it's a no brainier. Who knows what will happen next year.

You say that as if we already know what's going to happen this year. We don't. Kellen Clemens was given a chance to play with a POS O-line, one WR and was having to learn on the fly. Nobody on this board KNOWS what's going to happen this year and I for one am willing to sit back and find out what our QB is capable of. Steeler fans did that a few years ago like Patriot fans did a few years before that and it worked out okay for those guys.

Don't get me wrong, for the right price I'd be happy to see Favre on board but as of right now he's not a Jet and probaly won't be. I can live with that.

Nobody knows what is going to happen, but luckily for us the FO knows better than to take that kind of ridiculously short sighted approach to the management of the team.

1 year, maybe 2 and then we are actually worse off at the QB position again once he leaves the game, again.

You are right, this is a no brainer. Pass.

Nobody knows what is going to happen, but luckily for us the FO knows better than to take that kind of ridiculously short sighted approach to the management of the team.

1 year, maybe 2 and then we are actually worse off at the QB position again once he leaves the game, again.

You are right, this is a no brainer. Pass.

Short Sighted? This isn't baseball. the NFL is YEAR TO YEAR and the teams that play it that way are the ones that win.

Short Sighted? This isn't baseball. the NFL is YEAR TO YEAR and the teams that play it that way are the ones that win.

You are right and wrong.

The two best run teams of this decade (Patriots and Colts) do not just play 'year to year' they also have an eye on the future and that is why they are consistently good.

If the Jets were and NFC team, getting Favre would be a slam dunk because they would be a legitimate threat to be a contender. In the AFC they are at best the 5th or more likely 6th best team. Even then, they are in a battle with the Clevelands, Buffalos and Denvers to be a first round playoff casualty.

You are right and wrong.

The two best run teams of this decade (Patriots and Colts) do not just play 'year to year' they also have an eye on the future and that is why they are consistently good.

the Patriots have their eyes on other teams signals too

Archived