Lamont Jordan to the Patriots

BroadwayJ667

The Patriots announced the signing of free-agent RB LaMont Jordan today.

To make room for Jordan on the roster, the team released receiver Robert Ortiz.

Here is a bit from the team's press release:

Jordan, 29, is a veteran of seven NFL seasons with the New York Jets (2001-04) and Oakland Raiders (2005-07). The 5-foot-10-inch, 230-pound running back has played in 97 career games with 29 starts and has totaled 792 rushes for 3,285 yards (4.1 avg.) and 24 touchdowns, while catching 158 career passes for 1,301 yards (8.2 avg.) and three touchdowns. He has also recorded 33 kickoff returns for 667 yards (20.2 avg.). Last season with Oakland, Jordan played in 12 games with seven starts and ran the ball 144 times for 549 yards (3.8 avg.) and three touchdowns while catching 28 passes for 247 yards (8.8 avg.). He was released by the Raiders on Friday, July 25, 2008.

Jordan was selected by the Jets in the second round (49th overall) of the 2001 NFL Draft. He spent the first four seasons of his career with New York, playing in 62 games for the Jets while totaling 262 rushes for 1,277 yards (4.9 avg.) and 10 touchdowns. Jordan signed with the Raiders as an unrestricted free agent prior to the 2005 season. That year, he started all 14 games and set a career high with 1,025 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns. He also set career marks in 2005 with 70 receptions for 563 yards and two touchdowns. In 2006, he played in nine games with eight starts for the Raiders and totaled 434 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 114 carries while adding 10 receptions for 74 yards.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/26/pats-sign-jordan/

PATS SIGN JORDAN

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 26, 2008, 2:49 p.m. EDT

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the New England Patriots have signed running back LaMont Jordan, a day after he was released by the Oakland Raiders.

Per Schefter, Jordan was also considering signing with the Saints, a team that could be in greater need of another veteran running back if Deuce McAllister

Ugh. I'd almost be willing to the bet this POS will tear t up for the Pats, especially against us.

Running backs I've never heard of can tear it up against us. LOL

We got Vernon now, so it's a different story.

Bellicheck is a small pathetic man. Loves to bring in our guys to stick it to us. This pathetic little douche has had a hard on against this team ever since Leon Hess gave him a second chance after being a complete failure as a HC.

Hope he gets a parasitic virus that eats away his testicles.

Running backs I've never heard of can tear it up against us. LOL

We got Vernon now, so it's a different story.

More importantly, we got Jenkins and Harris, and Vilma and DRob are nowhere in sight. In all honesty, sheerly by addition by subtraction we'd be ahead, but I think Harris and Jenkins will show you something.

More importantly, we got Jenkins and Harris, and Vilma and DRob are nowhere in sight. In all honesty, sheerly by addition by subtraction we'd be ahead, but I think Harris and Jenkins will show you something.

Already counting your chickens before they hatch I see.

Jenkins is unproven as a 3 - 4 NT.

Bellicheck is a small pathetic man. Loves to bring in our guys to stick it to us. This pathetic little douche has had a hard on against this team ever since Leon Hess gave him a second chance after being a complete failure as a HC.

Hope he gets a parasitic virus that eats away his testicles.

Didn't the Jets let Lamont walk to keep Curtis aroud for another year?

In truth, he was not 'your' guy anymore.

Just, why though?

They already have Laurence "Kool Aid" Maroney & Sammy Morris, both of whom are better than LaMont Jordan, and they have one of the best out of the backfield receiving threats in Kevin Faulk. Just doesn't make sense to me.

It does not say a lot about L .Jordan, more about how poor Laurence Moroney is :)

That's for sure. If Maroney, Faulk and Morris aren't enough, that sure does not say much for any of them.

Probably won't matter much anyway if Brady and Moss play catch again all season ... that is unless Gholston has something to say about that ... ; - )

I would take Lamont over ANY of the Jets backs

That includes Thomas Jones

Yeah, you're right. I'd much prefer a guy whose best season is 1,025 yards and second best season is 549 yards. He's such a tough running back to take down and such a great athlete. :rl::rl::rl:

LaMont Jordan ****ing sucks. He's an over-rated second string Running Back who had one 1,000 yard season, and 1,025 is fairly easy to accomplish in today's NFL.

Yeah, you're right. I'd much prefer a guy whose best season is 1,025 yards and second best season is 549 yards. He's such a tough running back to take down and such a great athlete. :rl::rl::rl:

LaMont Jordan ****ing sucks. He's an over-rated second string Running Back who had one 1,000 yard season, and 1,025 is fairly easy to accomplish in today's NFL.

Thank you, 124. Nice post and stats. I hated it when he left, but was pretty much a bust with Oakland. He is one of those guys that it's always about him and how much the team is holding him back. When he got his chance with the Raiders, he choked.

Just, why though?

They already have Laurence "Kool Aid" Maroney & Sammy Morris, both of whom are better than LaMont Jordan, and they have one of the best out of the backfield receiving threats in Kevin Faulk. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Both of whom are coming off injuries. Kevin Faulk had his little drug thing and could face a suspension I imagine?

Plus, I imagine they are looking for a little Moss like bounceback from Lamont escaping Oakland.

LaMont Jordan: A once-promising running back who went to a team about to collapse entirely.

Was he a victim of that collapse-or one of the reasons for it?

If he wants to prove his worth as a starter, it seems hard to imagine his getting a chance to do it on a team with a really good RB in Maroney and well established supporting backs. There must not have been any interest from anybody else-he seems to be in the worst situation possible.

Low risk (1yr deal, small money), high reward (potential for a great back-up, receiving threat, injury insurance) type deal for the Pats. Let's face it, these jerks have been so good for so long that any veteran looking to get a ring or redeem themself goes there for peanuts.

Maybe someday when we establish a winning history, veterans will want to come here and not make us break the bank to get them (see this year's free agent thieves).

Oh, yes, very nice. Anthony Clement, Victor Hobson, now Jordon. The Jets stink, right? But their castoffs are pure gold. :yawn:

Pure Gold? Not quite. But, sufficient enough to fill in and eek out a roll on the team should they survive the competition at TC.

Just because the aforementioned were formerly playing at the wrong position, in the wrong scheme or with Bums as team mates. That doesnt make them bad players.

Roman Phifer and Bobby Hamilton had nice careers in NE playing for a HC with a clue.

Archived