Lamont Jordan to the Patriots

BroadwayJ667

More like Randy Moss was sick of the Raiders.

I think they were sick of each other.

What did the Pats give up to get him? ;) What did the Raiders say about him? Oh, yah, he was done and his legs were spent. That is one astute front office out there in Oakland.

Just because the aforementioned were formerly playing at the wrong position, in the wrong scheme or with Bums as team mates. That doesnt make them bad players.

quote]

OK, let's break down the propaganda.

Wrong position? I assume you are talking about Hobblesome. Moving him to inside might hide his lack of speed somewhat, but his inability to shed a blocker will be even more exposed. Good luck with that experiment.

I have no idea what wrong scheme you are talking about. The only "scheme" that would help these three would be to play in the AFL.

And again, the idea that the Jets are bums is hysterical by someone who thinks there is any value in their castoffs.

OK, let's break down the propaganda.

Wrong position? I assume you are talking about Hobblesome. Moving him to inside might hide his lack of speed somewhat, but his inability to shed a blocker will be even more exposed. Good luck with that experiment.

I have no idea what wrong scheme you are talking about. The only "scheme" that would help these three would be to play in the AFL.

And again, the idea that the Jets are bums is hysterical by someone who thinks there is any value in their castoffs.

You bring up a great point.

However, there are three reasons why Hobson might be better for the Patriots then the Jets. He will have the Law Firm of Warren, Wilfork and Seymour in front of him now. He should have more opportunity to get to the ball carrier without inteference more.

Belichick knows Hobson's pro's and con's and will minimize the latter and maximize the former.

You bring up a great point.

However, there are three reasons why Hobson might be better for the Patriots then the Jets. He will have the Law Firm of Warren, Wilfork and Seymour in front of him now. He should have more opportunity to get to the ball carrier without inteference more.

Belichick knows Hobson's pro's and con's and will minimize the latter and maximize the former.

Are you honestly trying to imply that Vince Wilfork is a better 3-4 NT than the Bowling Ball with Butcher Knives?

You're crazy man. Seek help.

Are you honestly trying to imply that Vince Wilfork is a better 3-4 NT than the Bowling Ball with Butcher Knives?

You are right. Vince was not worth two first round picks. ;)

I would take Lamont over ANY of the Jets backs

That includes Thomas Jones

he's a different kind of back than jones and washington. i think lamont will bounce back after leaving oakland but i don't think he's a feature back who could replace thomas jones. from what i'm hearing from TC, jones and washington are pumped and ready to have a good season. we should have a good running game this year.

with jones and washington, a solid OL, and our depth at TE and WR, it would be hard to imagine Pennington not succeeding at QB this year. that's right it looks like pennington will be the QB this season. i pretty much think you can take that to the bank.

Apples and oranges. Hobson played outside LB for the Jets, where the play of whoever was the NT had minimal impact on his position. He stunk here and he will stink there.

Great signing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with depth especially when it's capable depth like that. He'll be third string but he'll still get some carries every game and should be much more effective than he was as a feature back.

Clearly on the wrong side of 30 (November 11th) and hasn't been productive in years.

Averaging 3.8 with a TOTAL of 5 TDs in 2 years isn't what I would call a good deal.

BZ

You do realize that he's only going to be our 3rd. running back right?

You do realize that he's only going to be our 3rd. running back right?

Yes and it should work out well, because he only practices on every third day and only reads every third page of the playbook.

Hopefully he only blocks every third time Gholston rushes Brady! :)

BZ

Clearly on the wrong side of 30 (November 11th) and hasn't been productive in years.

Averaging 3.8 with a TOTAL of 5 TDs in 2 years isn't what I would call a good deal.

BZ

You can do better than this.

Moss had 102 catches - 1558 yards and 11 TDs his two years in Oakland.

He had 98-1493-23 last year with a good team.

The key here is leaving Oakland.

I am not saying Lamont is going to push Dickerson's yardage or LT's TD records. However, if he had to start for a prolonged period of time, he could easily beat those numbers on the Patriots.

I think LJ will be a good signing for the Patriots in the end. I see him working well with that offense and the team, vs. the perpetual train wreck he participated in at Oakland.

That said, our defense should be able to pad their fumbles recovered stats at least twice this year. :D

Archived