Which offseason addition will be the best?

gangreenman

After this busy offseason, I want to know which of our offseason additions is going to pan out best for us.

By best I mean, which of these players will 'overcontribute', (make a larger contribution then expected) the most?

The candidates, IMO, are:

RB Musa Smith

RB Jesse Chatman

CB Andre Woolfolk

CB Ahmed Carroll

WR Marcus Henry

TE Bubba Franks

CB/S Dwight Lowery

In my opinion, Bubba Franks will be a big contributer to this team if he can stay healthy. People seem to forget that he is only 30 years old, and even though injuries are a bad thing, him sitting out all that time means even less everyday wear and tear on his body. IMO, Franks can give us a lot this season, especially in power formations (good run blocker, and good hands for his size).

Its a tough pick, but i'll go with Franks.

He was a pro bowler, could be a good red zone threat.

Musa and Chatman, who knows with so many RBs already

Woolfork probably wont make the team, Caroll I can see in a special team/niccle+dime role, still nothing special.

Lowery and Henry are rookie who we havent heard anything for aas of yet in camp.

So as of now, out of all of those, Franks will most likely have the biggest impact

After this busy offseason, I want to know which of our offseason additions is going to pan out best for us.

By best I mean, which of these players will 'overcontribute', (make a larger contribution then expected) the most?

RB Musa Smith

RB Jesse Chatman

CB Andre Woolfolk

CB Ahmed Carroll

WR Marcus Henry

TE Bubba Franks

CB/S Dwight Lowery

In my opinion, Bubba Franks will be a big contributer to this team if he can stay healthy. People seem to forget that he is only 30 years old, and even though injuries are a bad thing, him sitting out all that time means even less everyday wear and tear on his body. IMO, Franks can give us a lot this season, especially in power formations (good run blocker, and good hands for his size).

Injuries have hit Bubba hard and every Green Bay fan will tell you he hasn't been the same player since. I agree that he could have a bigger impact than expected though, mostly in blocking. I disagree that he has 'good hands' though, having Favre at QB didn't help, but he dropped a lot of passes last season.

My pick would be whichever of the two RB's make the roster. I always was a fan of Musa Smith in Baltimore, he can be very effective in both short yardage and on 3rd down. He has pretty good hands.

Jesse Chatman too is a very good power back and should be a good addition for goaline/short yardage.

They both have injury concerns which I am fully aware of but whichever of them makes the final team, I would expect to have a pretty solid impact.

I'm going to go with my boy Ahmed Carroll, I think he can surprise many this upcoming season.

I agree. He may do nothing, but he's my dark horse candidate to be the team's greatest overacheiver this season. I also agree with the potential for him to do more than Justin Miller.

I'm being serious, I think he might succeed more than your boy Justin Miller.

My early season prediction is that Justin Miller will be the most improved Jet and make one of the better CB combos in the NFL with Revis. And I say that also thinking D'Brick will be greatly improved.

RB Musa Smith

RB Jesse Chatman

CB Andre Woolfolk

CB Ahmed Carroll

WR Marcus Henry

TE Bubba Franks

CB/S Dwight Lowery

Jesse Chatman.

Thomas Jones & Leon Washington are solid backs but Chatman is often very under-rated and was a solid back in Miami last season. If Jones were to go down (knocks on wood) I'd feel very confident in Chatman and Washington leading the show and not missing a beat. He'll be a very good inside the 20's runner for the team in 2008 regardless.

RB Musa Smith Might not even make team between Chatman and Caulcrick

RB Jesse Chatman Might not even make team between Musa and Caulcrick

CB Andre Woolfolk Is he even practicing yet?

CB Ahmed Carroll Hasn't he been getting beat pretty easily so far in camp? I know Mangini likes his physical presence, but his penalties are worse than Miller's from a year ago. I could see Carroll playing ST or maybe a SS role with his hitting--but his cover skills need development.

WR Marcus Henry I think he'll spend some time "growing" from the sideline. He's not a noisy reciever. He flew under the radar into the draft; and has since stayed there. I don't see him "over contributing" any time soon.

TE Bubba Franks Could make huge advances for our offense. We need a big-boy out there.

CB/S Dwight Lowery According to reports hasn't been anything special. I think it'll take time before he contributes "heavily" to this team... at least one year.

FB Tony Richardson hands down, the biggest contributor. Last year we had Darian-never-played-Barnes who we signed to play the Lorenzo Neal role, and he failed miserably. Tony and Lorenzo are both probowl guys... we should see a lot of him in this San Diego inspired offense.

Thats how I see it

My early season prediction is that Justin Miller will be the most improved Jet and make one of the better CB combos in the NFL with Revis. And I say that also thinking D'Brick will be greatly improved.

I hope your Ferguson statement is true or we can list him as another BUST!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Darnell Bing tho. My picks are AC or Darnell Bing.

Well he's on my list and what makes you say that about AC?

I read an article this morning from the Daily news. I'll find a link and post it.

on edit: wasn't the Daily news... I got it from Jets blog.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/07/27/sports/FBN-Jets-Carrolls-Chance.php

It talks about his ability to attract yellow flags, and inability to stay on a team.

[The Jets, who signed Carroll shortly before camp opened, brought him in for a visit in December and liked what they saw on the field in the Arena Football League. Carroll racked up 68 tackles, two touchdowns off fumble recoveries and had an interception while starting 15 of 16 games for the Predators.

"He was available, he was in the Arena League, he was playing there and I liked the things on tape there," coach Eric Mangini said. "I'm learning the rules of the Arena League and it looks pretty fun, but I can tell if you can hit and tackle and run and cover. Those things are apparent."

The Jets are confident Carroll's legal troubles are far behind him, and are hoping his penalty problems on the field are also a thing of the past.

"He's a physical guy, a physical corner, and you don't want to take away from that element, the aggressiveness, the competitiveness, the physical nature," Mangini said. "You need to have all those traits, but play the technique better."]

Good find but I don't get what makes you think he won't practice again.

Maybe I was expecting him to have some electrifying training camp, being a former first rounder--and that isn't the case. He was drafted for speed, and yet all of the big TDs in training camp seem to be from his side. If he's a fast guy, he shouldn't be getting beat deep. If he's a physical guy, recievers shouldn't be getting past him.

We're talking about Clowney, and Raymond--not Moss, Owens, and Harrison...

Archived