200+ million dollar piece of crap

MagicBizkit87

Seriously, this team should not have made this trade for Marte, and Nady. They should have decided to rebuild. This team is no good. How can you expect to win baseball games when you have people like Darrel Rasner, and Sidney Ponson pitching for you in the majors. They had better pitchers going in the minors today then they had in the majors today.

Ian Kennedy (6 IP, 1 ER) - Scranton

Phil Hughes (3 IP, 0 ER) - Charleston

Carl Pavano (2 IP, 0 ER) - Charleston - yes him...

How can you expect to win when you have Ian Kennedy in the Minors, and Sidney Ponson in the majors?

Lets just start football already, and cancel the rest of the baseball season.

Tonight is on Clueless Joe. Wilson Betemit is the guy you want at the plate with two outs and a runner in scoring position? Really?

You were right from the start, Bob. Girardi has been awful this year. he should have had Jeter bunting in Sunday's game when we were down 4-0. nope, double play.

Tonight is on Clueless Joe. Wilson Betemit is the guy you want at the plate with two outs and a runner in scoring position? Really?

Well the only other guy to bring in other than Betemit was Richie Sexson. Is Sexson really that much better than Betemit. Yeah, I think I would have brought in Sexson to swing as well, but I wouldn't have my hopes high of him getting a run in.

Nonetheless, the moves Girardi made today are almost as bad as letting Moose continue pitching to Manny Ramirez.

Again, blame Cashman for the piece of **** bench he put together. Nady was up with a chance to tie the game. It doesn't matter if it was the 8th or 9th. If Moeller had hit in that situation and they got blown out you'd be crucifying him for letting Moeller hit. Nady was the ONLY valuable commodity on the bench tonight, and that's only because he wasn't starting.

God people can be moody. Rasner and Ponson are nothing, can't expect to win much of their games. The only reason we've lost 3 in a row is because Mussina had a rough start. If Hughes or Kennedy can return and be solid that will be a huge help to the rotation.

I'm wont to criticize Girardi,because in fact he's done a great job. But why Betemit plays is beyond comprehension. He has the range of a mailbox, the arm of a chicken and the cannot hit to save his life.If we're going to watch him flop around on the infield and waste 4 ABs,instead keep A-rod at 3rd, Giambi at 1st and Damon at DH. ENough with the "keeping guys fresh" crap.This team's batting order gets weak after 6/7 when you get down to Cabrera and the catcher's spot, why weaken it any further? Either this team is going to win a playoff berth or the next few weeks, or it's gonna be done. Enough with Wilson Freaking Betemit. Having him in the leineup weakens this team's offense by giving opposing pitchers 3 weak spots to relax instead of 2.

I love it, they win 8 in a row and everyone is dancing around but the second they go on a 3 game losing streak the sky is freakin' falling and everybody sucks. What the hell. We're the Yankees, until they actually are eliminated from the playoffs I have no thinking that anything but at least the playoffs will happen.

One more thing, to all the Melky lovers....he is a piece of crap too. We need a centerfielder who can hit. His defensive skills are good, but that is not enough for that position. The guy is lost at the plate and I'm tired of hearing about how good he "might" be. He needs to go.

I love it, they win 8 in a row and everyone is dancing around but the second they go on a 3 game losing streak the sky is freakin' falling and everybody sucks. What the hell. We're the Yankees, until they actually are eliminated from the playoffs I have no thinking that anything but at least the playoffs will happen.

MESS and Janks both will be watching playoffs

both teams have too many flaws!!!!

One more thing, to all the Melky lovers....he is a piece of crap too. We need a centerfielder who can hit. His defensive skills are good, but that is not enough for that position. The guy is lost at the plate and I'm tired of hearing about how good he "might" be. He needs to go.

Agreed, the Melkman is a good 4th outfielder and a late inning defensive replacement. He had everyone overrating him when he jacked 6 long balls in the first month or so. However, there is really nothing the Yanks can do right now. They have no one to play center unless you want to put Gardner in there, but my guess is he isn't going to be much better. You can carry his bat if everyone is hitting around him, otherwise he becomes a liability at the plate.

He sucks. I have a hard time believing a player can peak at 21 but I don't think he's ever going to be anything more than a league-average CF. Maybe Nady can play CF.

Molina/Moeller is also becoming a huge issue. The Yankees need to make a move for a catcher like Laird or even Olivo.

Sometimes you guys are just too funny.

4 games behind Tampa Bay and 2 behind the Sox who have more than their share of issues.

I like this Yankee team right now ALOT better than what we have seen the past 4 years.

The Bullpen is alot better than it has been in the past

We now have a stopper in Joba.

Moose has pitched beyond Expectation

If true to form Pettitte will be one of the best pitchers in the second half.

The Yanks fell back a bit following their series with the Sox but the bats looked like they woke up after A-Rod got hit. (BTW: IT was a joke that Cabrera was tossed for that).

Joba will shut them down today and then the Yanks will move on from there.

Still alot of games to be played folks.

you can't have an all-star at every position. right now i will take good defense from melky and the .250 avg. he is still young and plays great defense, give him time to develop as long as the d is stellar. bernie williams was still in the minors at this point in his career.

i would worry and complain a lot more about the .280 from jeter than the .250 from melky.

The only reason I can live with Melky is because I know that A-Jack will be up by June 1 of next year in all likelihood. Melky and his .647 OPS will be gone soon enough. I actually think that, if given an extended chance, Gardner would be a better option in CF for the rest of this year.

It's all on the offense. 2 games against the Birds, and they get shutout through the 5th in both games. Pathetic.

The starter's were horrible Sunday and Monday, but Rasner was OK for a #5 last night. Girardi tried to have him get the 2 RH hitters in the 7th, he didn't, and Marte comes in for 2 lefties, and BOOM - dinky single and booming bases-clearing double. Next guy also doubles, and it's 6-1.

Game, set, match.

Archived