The Jets' weak link(s)

BigOrangeJetFan

People are too literal. It's an illustration. He's just trying to make a point.

"NO NO NO NO NO - He SAID it. 175 YARDS, THATS's WHAT HE SAID!!!"

Ok ok, we hear you. Now go stand in the corner with that Missouri Fan over there.

Sorry.

I should have known of course that when he said that Chad will not throw for 175 yards he in fact meant that Chad will throw for 175 yards. Multiple times.

It's easy to see where I went wrong.

:confused0058:

People are too literal. It's an illustration. He's just trying to make a point.

"NO NO NO NO NO - He SAID it. 175 YARDS, THATS's WHAT HE SAID!!!"

Ok ok, we hear you. Now go stand in the corner with that Missouri Fan over there.

He could make his point and admit it's an exaggeration or he can post Chad's yardage for each game and say "See only 59 yards more than my prediction". Which Missouri fan? The one looking for Brad Smith to start at QB?

I agree. Which is why they need to keep trying until they get it right. We need a real QB to step up and fast.

Yep. Chad isn't the answer, but there is the unhappy possibility that he is the best option right now.

He could make his point and admit it's an exaggeration or he can post Chad's yardage for each game and say "See only 59 yards more than my prediction". Which Missouri fan? The one looking for Brad Smith to start at QB?

Yep. Chad isn't the answer, but there is the unhappy possibility that he is the best option right now.

Totally agree, but the message board dynamics are a bit absurd. I state something and if you disagree, rather than engage someone in conversation, you want to take a small segment of my posting and miscontrue it to take it away from the intent and just try to discount the poster.

Chad may be the best option right now. I'll give you that and say when he's healthy, he is. But even if he is, you have to ask yourself, would he still be a better option if we started a lesser player and developed him with actual game experience. Or perhaps more clearly, would the investment in the lesser player net out way past Chad's ceiling? If the answer is yes, how do you not take that chance?

Totally agree, but the message board dynamics are a bit absurd. I state something and if you disagree, rather than engage someone in conversation, you want to take a small segment of my posting and miscontrue it to take it away from the intent and just try to discount the poster.

Chad may be the best option right now. I'll give you that and say when he's healthy, he is. But even if he is, you have to ask yourself, would he still be a better option if we started a lesser player and developed him with actual game experience. Or perhaps more clearly, would the investment in the lesser player net out way past Chad's ceiling? If the answer is yes, how do you not take that chance?

Did I misconstrue something you said? I'm happy to converse with you, but IMO it makes more sense to agree with what I agree with and segment the portion I disagree with to discuss. I was talking to Ghost. I'm pretty familiar with Ghost and personally I'm not sure you were taking him literally enough.

Clemens gets the edge if they are remotely close to even, but this is his third camp and he's had plenty of reps with the first team. If he's not improving you can't go with him just because his ceiling is higher. Quincy Carter has/had a high ceiling too, but I'm not handing my team over to him.

Did I misconstrue something you said? I'm happy to converse with you, but IMO it makes more sense to agree with what I agree with and segment the portion I disagree with to discuss. I was talking to Ghost. I'm pretty familiar with Ghost and personally I'm not sure you were taking him literally enough.

Clemens gets the edge if they are remotely close to even, but this is his third camp and he's had plenty of reps with the first team. If he's not improving you can't go with him just because his ceiling is higher. Quincy Carter has/had a high ceiling too, but I'm not handing my team over to him.

Nope nothing to do with us talking. Just pointing out a general observation. Late to the thread and don't know him at all. Wasn't pointing at you or anyone else here.

As to Quincy are we talking about Q with or without the Coke problem and attitude? Cause he had all the tools, just was a complete f-up. No accounting for being stupid. I doubt KC is a stupid guy, bad decisions witht he ball yes, but a smart guy. I think he will get much better with time under center and more experience. He has the natural ability and clutch factor when he needs it. He just needs to get MUCH MUCH better at managing the game and stop making bad decisions leading up to the 4th quarter. I think he may be one of those guys who the game slows down for when he is under the most pressure. Which is why it is so maddening to watch him do stupid things with the ball when there is not too much pressure closing in on him. If he could manage to reign himself in, he'd be a potential franchise QB.

Archived