Farnsworth for Pudge

Bob

I have the same feelings bob has with this trade. I know we needed a catcher badly, and we do have a lot of pretty good relief pitchers. Maybe this means that Mark Melancon will be called up soon, he did just get the call up to AAA though. Or it means that Brian Bruney, or Chris Britton are going to be called up, and I guess Moehler will be DFA'd.

I didn't want Farnsworth out there in the postseason. This gives the Yankees a catcher that can hit. Pudge (post roids) hits for no power. But he can catch, throw people out and his average isn't .220.

Good deal for the Yankees.

This move actually strengthens the bullpen. Decreases the depth of it, but strengthens an important part of it--the 8th inning. If Edwar pitches the 8th, Bruney or Britton can do a decent enough job in innings that were handled by Edwar now.

NTM how much it strengthens the catcher position.

Robertson-Veras-Marte-Edwar-Mo. As solid as it gets.

Brian Cashman sure is earning his keep! I like this trade a lot, Moeller is way sub par, atleast we'll get more offense. Me likey! Im not ecstatic, but I like it a lot. I still think we need another starting pitcher though, i wouldve prefered that.

What a trade! Pudge definitely ain't what he used to be, but he's hitting .290 this year and he's certainly an offensive improvement over Molina.

Good job by Cashman taking advantage of Farnsworth's inflated trade value. What a trade.

Brian Cashman sure is earning his keep! I like this trade a lot, Moeller is way sub par, atleast we'll get more offense. Me likey! Im not ecstatic, but I like it a lot. I still think we need another starting pitcher though, i wouldve prefered that.

I agree with that, the Rasner \ Ponson days are scary. I would like to have one less scary day in the week. But this is a god move. Pudge can hit and they are a better team today.

Great, not only do they have Steinbrenner and the $$$$, but they have God now.

God is a Yankee fan, didn't you know ?? :D

I have been a huge critic of Farnsworthless, but he was actually pityching well now. I am not sure that this is a right move. I hope Edwar can pick up the slack in the 8th. If he can't we may have made a huge mistake. Pudge isn't worth much these days minus his roids.

Nice trade by Cashman. Guy can be GM for almost any team next year and he is out there trying to do whatever it takes to get the Yankees to the postseason.

And Minaya sits on his hands hoping and praying.

And did anyone even have a sniff of this rumor?

Good job Cashman.

You have to believe that both the Marlins and Phillies would love to have Pudge at catcher, so I applaud the Yanks helping the Mets out there.

You have to believe that both the Marlins and Phillies would love to have Pudge at catcher, so I applaud the Yanks helping the Mets out there.

I had heard about Pudge to the Marlins, and I was surprised the Yanks got him for Farnsie. Thought the Marlins could have done better than that. Guess not.

Thanks Yanks!

Not a huge fan of this trade...but we all know Farnsy would fold in the playoffs

Nevermind that Pudge is one of the best back there....he'll be great for Hughes and Kennedy

I hope this means that Pudge will stay, moving Jorge to 1st base next year

I like the deal but Cashman is kind of rolling the dice here.

The Yanks bullpen has been doing really well. For whatever reason Farnsworth and Girardi seemed to mesh well. Must go back to their days in Chicago.

Let's face it though. Like JonE said Farnsworth probably would have folded in the post season if they got there.

The Yanks though needed to get someone to go with Molina. The Pudge the Yanks are getting is not the same Pudge of a few years ago but if he can handle the staff and perform in post season then it will be worth it. His contract expires at the end of the season so basically if he doesn't pan out he won't be here next year.

The Yanks bullpen has been doing really well. For whatever reason Farnsworth and Girardi seemed to mesh well. Must go back to their days in Chicago.

Let's face it though. Like JonE said Farnsworth probably would have folded in the post season if they got there.

The Yanks though needed to get someone to go with Molina. The Pudge the Yanks are getting is not the same Pudge of a few years ago but if he can handle the staff and perform in post season then it will be worth it. His contract expires at the end of the season so basically if he doesn't pan out he won't be here next year.

He sure is rolling the dice. He isnt afraid to make a move that could potentially blow up in his face.

I wish my GM had balls like that.

Just started liking Farnsy

Now I feel bad

Suzyn says Farnsworth is "shaken to the core," and crying. I feel sorry for him. Just when he had started really contributing

Same here. I hope Pudge makes a difference in the lineup because I really have no use for him.

Just started liking Farnsy

Now I feel bad

Suzyn says Farnsworth is "shaken to the core," and crying. I feel sorry for him. Just when he had started really contributing

I saw him on TV. It's true. He's a mess.

He sure is rolling the dice. He isnt afraid to make a move that could potentially blow up in his face.

I wish my GM had balls like that.

If Minaya made that deal, he'd call Farnsy at 3 a.m. to tell him.

It doesn't matter. Edwar is better than Farnsworth even though Girardi kept putting Farnsworth in in set-up situations.

And Rodriguez is much better than Molina. So, in effect, Cashman has strengthened two areas of the team tremendously. The only thing that was taken away was some of the depth, but Britton or Bruney could more than make up for that. And they still have a great back end of the bullpen with Robertson, Veras, Marte, Edwar, and Rivera.

Archived