Manny to the Marlins ?

shawn306

Why would Yankee fans want the Sox to have Jason Bay? He is very young and talented, and I assume actually hustles on the basepaths and plays solid defense. I hope they are forced to keep Manny, who will be disgruntled and isn't nearly the threat at the plate he was even 2 or 3 years ago. If they keep him I'm sure there will be many more "knee soreness" games with Manny.

Please DON'T make this trade. Whether it's Bay or Hermida, the Sox will have gotten rid of an old dickwad who won't hustle, and it will replace him with a young gun that will play their ass off, especially with Bay who's never seen a winning record in the MLB.

A pissed off Manny still rakes off Yankee pitching no matter what. He is the only guy I fear on that team everytime comes to the plate.

Steve Phillips just jinxed the trade by saying that there is no way Manny is being traded. He also said if they do trade him, they will not make the playoffs. Nostrildamus is at it again !

A pissed off Manny still rakes off Yankee pitching no matter what. He is the only guy I fear on that team everytime comes to the plate.

Steve Phillips just jinxed the trade by saying that there is no way Manny is being traded. He also said if they do trade him, they will not make the playoffs. Nostrildamus is at it again !

I'd rather deal with Manny for a few more games this season over Jason Bay over the next several seasons. Bay is the real deal.

If this happens, the Pirates better get some good prospects out of it. Bay is a streaky hitter, but he's got the goods, and playing in Fenway would definitely improve his numbers. He's healthy having bounced back from a knee problem last year. He's also got decent defense, being that he plays left in PNC which is like CF in some other parks. I've seen him gun down some people once in a while, but his arm isn't anything special. Grabow is a pretty good player too and he's very good at coming in and stranding runners.

If it's true, I guess maybe the Pirates really are a AAA team, and these guys (Nady, Marte, Bay, Grabow) are just getting their call-ups to the bigs. Bay at $7.5 MM next year and Grabow at $2-3 MM, no matter what prospects they get, it already looks like a good trade from where the greedy Pirate owners are sitting.

Well the majority of you guys probably know this is the rumored deal:

Marlins get: Manny Ramirez, cash, prospect from Red Sox

Red Sox get: Jason Bay, John Grabow

Pirates get: Ryan Tucker, Jeremy Hermida, one prospect from Red Sox, perhaps another prospect from Marlins

Apparently Mike Stanton will probably go to the Pirates as well. Well thats what Kevin Goldstein from Baseball Prospectus says.

Why would Yankee fans want the Sox to have Jason Bay? He is very young and talented, and I assume actually hustles on the basepaths and plays solid defense. I hope they are forced to keep Manny, who will be disgruntled and isn't nearly the threat at the plate he was even 2 or 3 years ago. If they keep him I'm sure there will be many more "knee soreness" games with Manny.

Please DON'T make this trade. Whether it's Bay or Hermida, the Sox will have gotten rid of an old dickwad who won't hustle, and it will replace him with a young gun that will play their ass off, especially with Bay who's never seen a winning record in the MLB.

Bay will be 30 yrs old in Sept.

Archived