Manny disses his beloved Red Sox

BP

1217477867.jpg

Manny's not headed to the Packers? Then how 'bout the Marlins?

Earlier this afternoon, the Marlins were said to be holding a slim chance of pulling off a trade for Manny Ramirez.

But after seeing the sign he held up during tonight's game with the Angels (pictured in the screen grab to your right) and then reading the bellyache du jour below, I'd be willing to bet that motivated sellers on Miami's Star Island might be able to soon unload their property on a newly-located Ramirez.*

The Palm Beach Post is reporting that a tentative three-way deal has been reached between the Red Sox, Marlins and Pirates and after Manny's comments from earlier today, it's not hard to see why Boston might have been forced to commit to a trade that might bring only Pittsburgh's Jason Bay plus unproven prospects in exchange for Ramirez's Hall of Fame talent.

Link

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it!!! The Red Sox FO's actions have come back to smack them in the face. It's ugly, people, it's ugly. And Theo and Larry have no one to blame but their evil, manipulative, disingenious selves. Maybe this will open the eyes of RSN? Probably not.

Anyway, Manny had another short interview with ESPN Desportes before lasts nights game. This may be Manny being Manny - but it's also Manny speaking the absolute truth:

"During my years here I've seen how they [the Red Sox] have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them," Ramirez said in an interview with ESPNdeportes.com

"The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy," Ramirez added. "I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price and I don't have peace here."

I love it!!! The Red Sox FO's actions have come back to smack them in the face. It's ugly, people, it's ugly. And Theo and Larry have no one to blame but their evil, manipulative, disingenious selves. Maybe this will open the eyes of RSN? Probably not.

Anyway, Manny had another short interview with ESPN Desportes before lasts nights game. This may be Manny being Manny - but it's also Manny speaking the absolute truth:

"During my years here I've seen how they [the Red Sox] have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them," Ramirez said in an interview with ESPNdeportes.com

"The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy," Ramirez added. "I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price and I don't have peace here."

What have Pedro and Nomar done since being dealt? Have either played a complete season? Thought so.

The biggest way the Sox screwed up is by dealing with all of Manny's crap for all these years and never doing anything about it. If they had put their foot down and told him to cut the s##t than they wouldn't have to deal with this all the time.

The biggest way the Sox screwed up is by dealing with all of Manny's crap for all these years and never doing anything about it. If they had put their foot down and told him to cut the s##t than they wouldn't have to deal with this all the time.

yeah, that always works with multi-million dollar athletes being told that by people that earn 1/10 of their pay.

What have Pedro and Nomar done since being dealt? Have either played a complete season? Thought so.

If anything, how they dealt Garciaparra and Martinez gives you a pretty good sense they know what they're doing. Crazy idea-2 championships, perhaps, count for something. Overpaying Ramirez $20 million next year by picking up his option would be bad management, especially when nobody except may be Omar Minaya is going to write him big checks like that in 2009. Manny Ramirez thinks that overpaying and indugling old,washed up players constitutes good management. If they manage to get Hermedia or Jason Bay for him,that's gonna be a great deal.

If they get anything for a guy who will not have his contract picked up is a steal

It seems the Red Sox are finally tired of him so to get a deal with some players in return is the best option if they can put it all together here at the deadline.

Quick question Garb: How come when the Red Sox let these older or injury prone players go (Nomar, Pedro, and while I disagree with this move--now Manny it would seem), they're evil and turning their backs on great players....

But...

when the Patriots do the same thing to the Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Willie McGinnest....they're making "smart moves, cutting ties before these players begin steep declines"?

Quick question Garb: How come when the Red Sox let these older or injury prone players go (Nomar, Pedro, and while I disagree with this move--now Manny it would seem), they're evil and turning their backs on great players....

But...

when the Patriots do the same thing to the Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Willie McGinnest....they're making "smart moves, cutting ties before these players begin steep declines"?

Because the Patriots have never engaged in the disgusting propaganda the Red Sox always are. Get rid of a guy - which is their right and obligation - but make sure that you make him out to be a huge d-bag....sway fan sentiment (easy to do when RSN is all sheep) and keep that "brilliant" image - and keep the money rolling in. The Patriots have NEVER bad mouthed a player, the Patriost have never manipulated the press to do their dirty work.

Is that a good enough explanation for you?

Because the Patriots have never engaged in the disgusting propaganda the Red Sox always are. Get rid of a guy - which is their right and obligation - but make sure that you make him out to be a huge d-bag....sway fan sentiment (easy to do when RSN is all sheep) and keep that "brilliant" image - and keep the money rolling in. The Patriots have NEVER bad mouthed a player, the Patriost have never manipulated the press to do their dirty work.

Is that a good enough explanation for you?

Manny is the one that is not running out ground balls and taking days off, etc- he is writing his own bad press.

Manny is the one that is not running out ground balls and taking days off, etc- he is writing his own bad press.

...he's been doing that off and on since he's been here. He continued to be beloved by the fans. Being one of the best hitters in th game, and being child-like, endeared him to many. Now, the sox FO negative PR storm is in full affect and all those non-hussle issues make him a huge POS. It's comical how RSN just falls in line too.

As much as I hate Larry the Mobster, and Theo , I can't blame them on this one. As a Yankee fan , we should all be happy that the Yankee Killer will be leaving Boston. No one on that team even comes close to doing the damage that he has throughout the years. Even when he was with Cleveland. I hope he stays in the NL. He can feast off that inferior league all he wants !

When you're pushing secretaries and some of the other things he's pulled this year, he IS being a d-bag. I love Manny, always will. Without him the Sox dont win one, much less 2 WS. If he does go on to the Marlins, I will pull for the Marlins to make the WS out of the NL simply because of Manny. Fact of the matter is, he's been far from a great teammate and employee this season.

Manny is an all-time great for Boston in my opinion. Manny and Boston don't go together anymore though. If this season A-rod pulled some of the junk Manny has thrown while it's been labeled "Manny being Manny," Yankees fans/reporters/columnists would be up in arms. Would the Yanks deal him? No...but he's got a lot of good years, and his production isn't going to start declining like Mannys. 3-4 years ago, the FO puts up with this, because Manny still went out and did his thing. Now he's getting old, and wants to be paid more than his already top-5 salary. You can hate them all you want, but they're doing the right thing when it comes to Manny.

Lately he's been a bad teammate, and the team hasn't supported him either. It's time to part ways, and that doesn't make Theo and co. satan incarnate. There are plenty of cases you can make that they are evil. Sometimes I'll agree with you, lol. This isn't one of them however, as they are right to say what they've said. I will however, greatly miss Manny if/when he goes...and the lineup will not be the same in Sept. and Oct. as in years past.

In the end we'll probably just agree to disagree, which is most certainly fine. I enjoy reading your posts, and if nothing else you bring real passion about what you posting--which is nice to see

**and I apologize for another long-winded post

The Red Sox organization know they can't replace Manny. The biggest issue is, will Manny "play" for them the rest of the season? You see him not running out potential hits, pulling himself out of games. If he's not going to play for them, they need to get some insurance, someone like a Jason Bay even though he is not in Manny league. You can't blame Boston for this. Francona who seems like one of the classiest guys is sick of Manny at this point. Despite all that, I would still be surprised if Boston pulled the trigger.

The Red Sox organization know they can't replace Manny. The biggest issue is, will Manny "play" for them the rest of the season? You see him not running out potential hits, pulling himself out of games. If he's not going to play for them, they need to get some insurance, someone like a Jason Bay even though he is not in Manny league. You can blame Boston for this. Francona who seems like one of the classiest guys is sick of Manny at this point. Despite all that, I would still be surprised if Boston pulled the trigger.

Good post. If nothing else, look at the series against the Angels (which Im hoping was just the Manny distraction, and not a sign that the Angels are just that good). Can't let that keep on

When you're pushing secretaries and some of the other things he's pulled this year, he IS being a d-bag. I love Manny, always will. Without him the Sox dont win one, much less 2 WS. If he does go on to the Marlins, I will pull for the Marlins to make the WS out of the NL simply because of Manny. Fact of the matter is, he's been far from a great teammate and employee this season.

Manny is an all-time great for Boston in my opinion. Manny and Boston don't go together anymore though. If this season A-rod pulled some of the junk Manny has thrown while it's been labeled "Manny being Manny," Yankees fans/reporters/columnists would be up in arms. Would the Yanks deal him? No...but he's got a lot of good years, and his production isn't going to start declining like Mannys. 3-4 years ago, the FO puts up with this, because Manny still went out and did his thing. Now he's getting old, and wants to be paid more than his already top-5 salary. You can hate them all you want, but they're doing the right thing when it comes to Manny.

Lately he's been a bad teammate, and the team hasn't supported him either. It's time to part ways, and that doesn't make Theo and co. satan incarnate. There are plenty of cases you can make that they are evil. Sometimes I'll agree with you, lol. This isn't one of them however, as they are right to say what they've said. I will however, greatly miss Manny if/when he goes...and the lineup will not be the same in Sept. and Oct. as in years past.

In the end we'll probably just agree to disagree, which is most certainly fine. I enjoy reading your posts, and if nothing else you bring real passion about what you posting--which is nice to see

**and I apologize for another long-winded post

AVM - nice post!

The Sox don't deserve you? You were making $20 million a year to play a game. They let you do pretty much whatever you wanted because you could hit a baseball. Throw the travelling secretary to the ground because of a ticket issue? No problem. Smack a teammate around? That's okay.

There are two sides to this issue, and neither is squeaky clean.

The Sox don't deserve you? You were making $20 million a year to play a game. They let you do pretty much whatever you wanted because you could hit a baseball. Throw the travelling secretary to the ground because of a ticket issue? No problem. Smack a teammate around? That's okay.

There are two sides to this issue, and neither is squeaky clean.

No one old man should be thrown to the ground - well, unless his name is Don Zimmer ;) ...and I get the arrogance regarding "deserve" and being paid 20 cool mil - but this is Manny. Do you seriously think he understands how pathetic that is? He's a 12 year old stuck on a 36 year old body....and one of the greatest hitters I've ever seen. The Red Sox can kiss the playoffs goodbye now.

No one old man should be thrown to the ground - well, unless his name is Don Zimmer ;) ...and I get the arrogance regarding "deserve" and being paid 20 cool mil - but this is Manny. Do you seriously think he understands how pathetic that is? He's a 12 year old stuck on a 36 year old body....and one of the greatest hitters I've ever seen. The Red Sox can kiss the playoffs goodbye now.

Have you ever had a boyfriend (or girlfriend, you tranny) that you at first loved everything about him/her? All of their peccadillos seemed cute, but after a while they started to get on your nerves? Manny's peccadillos kept getting bigger and bigger, to the point where it was a distraction to the team.

Without bullpen help, the Sox weren't going anywhere anyway. With or without Manny. They got a good player in Bay, have money freed up for next year, and are going to make a push for Texiera.

Have you ever had a boyfriend (or girlfriend, you tranny) that you at first loved everything about him/her? All of their peccadillos seemed cute, but after a while they started to get on your nerves? Manny's peccadillos kept getting bigger and bigger, to the point where it was a distraction to the team.

Without bullpen help, the Sox weren't going anywhere anyway. With or without Manny. They got a good player in Bay, have money freed up for next year, and are going to make a push for Texiera.

you used the word peccadillo twice in that post. Never do that again.

Ortiz-Youk-Lowell

Not sure I see how Teixera would fit in there.

Are you stupid? Youkilis to the bench?

Red Sox have nowhere to put Tex.

so someone has the audacity to come on this thread and say Youkilis is the best 1st baseman in the league

and you call ME stupid?

you got Lowell for 2 more years, Youk can't go to 3rd

Archived