Penguin and Riddler for next Batman

anskyruben

I'm sure the Riddler will be in it, but I doubt the Penguin ever will. Christopher Nolan said in an interview that he wouldn't use the character because he believed it was too unrealistic to portray on screen.

Are you serious? He really said that?

So all this other stuff was totally believable, right down to heroes and villains being respected/feared while wearing silly little Halloween costumes. That a problem as menacing as any of these super-villains, and the national (if not global) media attention that comes along with it, would prompt no more peacekeeping action than the local metropolitan police department. Losing 30 police cars & 2 helicopters with spotlights while driving, simply by Batman shutting his headlights off -- this is totally plausible.

But the Penguin -- that's where it just becomes all fake like.

Hollywood people are funny.

Realistic to Portray On Screen: Rambo mowing down an entire battalion of Burmese Infantry with a M2 .50 cal machine gun at a nearly continuous rate of fire, while only swapping ammo boxes once and somehow, not melting the barrel.

Unrealistic to Portray On Screen: A Bad guy dressed as the Penguin.

I don't think he said realistic, I think he said it would look ****ing stupid. Which it would; the penguin is a joke of a character.

Yea I believe it was more along those lines. That the Penguin was too corny. Although the Riddler is just as hammy so if he's going to use one... He also said that he'd never bring in a Robin character. We'll see how long that lasts.

I don't think he said realistic, I think he said it would look ****ing stupid. Which it would; the penguin is a joke of a character.

I would normally agree with you but phillip seymore hoffman could make a sloppy terd a believeable supervillian. He's one of the best actors in the last 20 years.

I don't care what nolan does, as long as he keeps these movies coming.

I would normally agree with you but phillip seymore hoffman could make a sloppy terd a believeable supervillian. He's one of the best actors in the last 20 years.

I don't care what nolan does, as long as he keeps these movies coming.

The Hoff man is a greast actor but with the penguin character he would have to do just that. Make a sloppy turd believable as a supervillian. They should put bane in this movie, he was a good batman villian especially when he ****ed batman up and broke his back.

The Hoff man is a greast actor but with the penguin character he would have to do just that. Make a sloppy turd believable as a supervillian. They should put bane in this movie, he was a good batman villian especially when he ****ed batman up and broke his back.

that's true, bane would be solid. i still can't believe teh joker can't come back...that just sucks, i've never seen a better villain.

Depp as the Riddler sounds really interesting, he's a great actor IMO. Just as long as they stay with the dark theme and don't try to make the riddler like Carrey's version. I think this can work. I think Nolan will do just that, so far this is the best comic movie series don't mess it up!

'meh...i thought carrey did a really good job with the riddler. He was the only brite spot in that movie of total garbage. JMO.

I have to agree, but that isn't saying much. That was a horrible movie. I think fans want a more darker batman series, also something that follows the comic. Riddler was never that animated. I think Depp can pull this off.

Archived