USA Today Article - "Favre-to-Jets talks heat up..."

upstatefan

that's a little tough right now what with ESPN's 37 reporters each giving a different story about what they will do.

I'll bet he's really not considering the offer they just made it up as to create "controversy"

ugh

I know. I must have read 5 articles that claim different stories.

When it's resolved, then we will know.

Otherwise, everyone is making something very simple in to a circus act.

Is Seattle's D a joke?

He beat them in the playoffs.

Is the Giants D a joke?

Beat them in the regular season, lost in the NFC C game in OT

Denver? Carolina?

Come on..you make it sound like he's tested against D-II schools.

Seattle is/was very overrated...Against the Giants (playoffs) he blew that game all by himself. When he played them in the regular season, the Giant's were slumping and Eli played horrible. Carolina's defense has been on the decline for awhile now, and they haven't played up to expectation IMO. Dever is a AFC team and their pass rush was about as horrible as ours. What happens if we acquire him this year, and Jets just *happen* to make the playoff and lose? Do we have to hear about the whole 'I'm retiring for real this time' song and dance? Hold us hostage, because he's Brett Favre? I'll pass.

Is Seattle's D a joke?

He beat them in the playoffs.

Is the Giants D a joke?

Beat them in the regular season, lost in the NFC C game in OT

Denver? Carolina?

Come on..you make it sound like he's tested against D-II schools.

The Giants D were playing horrible up until the 2nd half of the Redskins game in week 3.

Denver were a joke defensively last season and Carolina were terrible too.

Seattle are always overrated for beating up on their ****ty division.

Look what happened when Favre played Dallas, Philly, Chicago (X2) and Washington.

He combined for 1 TD and 9 INT's in those games. The one game where he performed very well vs a good team was SD, and they were also **** through the first half of the season. Proof of that is comparing what Brady done to them in week 2, to what he done in the playoffs. They weren't an elite D at that stage of the season.

Seattle is/was very overrated...Against the Giants (playoffs) he blew that game all by himself. When he played them in the regular season, the Giant's were slumping and Eli played horrible. Carolina's defense has been on the decline for awhile now, and they haven't played up to expectation IMO. Dever is a AFC team and their pass rush was about as horrible as ours. What happens if we acquire him this year, and Jets just *happen* to make the playoff and lose? Do we have to hear about the whole 'I'm retiring for real this time' song and dance? Hold us hostage, because he's Brett Favre? I'll pass.

Those are nothing but excuses. If your going to give them out one way, you mights as well go both ways. I can make excuses for why Brett was throwing INT's too...but I won't go there.

He played against very solid defenses and went 13-3 and to an NFC championship game.

Who cares if he wants to retire after this year? Hopefully Kellen has developed and learned enough from him to say "goodbye Brett, thanks".

Did you hear him say that?

Or was that "reported" by ESPN, SI or another sports outlet?

Didn't he contact someone from the Vikes organization? Wasn't there a tampering charge out there? Think about it, its a great way to get back @ GB for "forcing him to retire early" and its a very very good situation for him to play for Minny. Also he'll stay in the NFC were 8-8 can win you the division.

Didn't he contact someone from the Vikes organization? Wasn't there a tampering charge out there? Think about it, its a great way to get back @ GB for "forcing him to retire early" and its a very very good situation for him to play for Minny. Also he'll stay in the NFC were 8-8 can win you the division.

It's definitely a possibility. That's like Marino leaving to play for the Jets. HA!

We'll see though, it's got to end eventually...or so we hope..

Did you hear him say that?

Or was that "reported" by ESPN, SI or another sports outlet?

In a text message that was put on espn he said somehting like let me play against you within the division.

It's become obvious he wants to go to minnesota.

Whatever happened to the tampering charge? Either the NFL should have proof or they don't. And besides, how can you "tamper" with someone who has retired? Technically, he is still retired until the NFL offically accepts his reinstatement request, which was handed in long after these supposed discussion with the Vikings.

Whatever happened to the tampering charge? Either the NFL should have proof or they don't. And besides, how can you "tamper" with someone who has retired? Technically, he is still retired until the NFL offically accepts his reinstatement request, which was handed in long after these supposed discussion with the Vikings.

I agree, I think the tampering charge was dropped. They rarely stick anyway. NFL would want nothing more than to see Favre run out of the tunnel in GB week 1 in a Vikes uniform. Talk about ratings....I find it real funny that Goodell is holding out on the reinstatement so GB can get something resolved.

In a text message that was put on espn he said somehting like let me play against you within the division.

It's become obvious he wants to go to minnesota.

Can't blame him. He's familiar with Childress, and he's GOOD FRIENDS with their OC.

Archived