Chad just needs an Oline

ECURB

Ive been saying for the last 4 months that all Chad needs is a good line and healthy year to lead this team to the playoffs.

2005- bad OL, got hurt. NO playoffs

2006- good OL, stayed healthy. 10-6 playoffs

2007- crappy OL, 2 torn ligaments in ankle. NO playoffs

Notice how when he wasnt the starter the Jets went nowhere, and when he started everygame we made the playoffs.

THIS MAN MAKES AN IMPACT ON THIS TEAM!

Chad put EVERYTHING he had into that throw... he walked up, stepped back and gave it his all.

Again, nobody is arguing he can't do that throw, he can, what he can't do is the quick, 10-15 yard out pattern that doesn't go through a 45 degree arc.

Defenders know this and they sit on the route and pick him when he does it.

BZ

A better o-line is not going to magically transform Penny into a rocket launcher, he'll be the same Pennington he has been. Granted he CAN win games, the question becomes are we ok with same ole same ole?

If the defense is up for it, then Chad can win games for this team.

TJ needs to wear down opposing defenses for Chad to make the safe plays, dragging out ballgames, while the defense is smash mouth and doesn't allow many points, gets to the QB and forces turnovers.

It worked with Rex Grossman, TJ and the Bears D.

Why can't it work with Pennington (who is light years better than Grossman), TJ and this D?

It comes down to the defense this year.

Chad put EVERYTHING he had into that throw... he walked up, stepped back and gave it his all.

Again, nobody is arguing he can't do that throw, he can, what he can't do is the quick, 10-15 yard out pattern that doesn't go through a 45 degree arc.

Defenders know this and they sit on the route and pick him when he does it.

BZ

A TE who can stretch the field will help with this. I've been saying this for years but finally it looks like we got a guy to do the job in Keller. If the defense wants to cover him they will need to put a DB on him. This will either open up the running game (CB) or it will open up one of the WR's because they will be in one on one coverage.

TJ needs to wear down opposing defenses for Chad to make the safe plays, dragging out ballgames, while the defense is smash mouth and doesn't allow many points, gets to the QB and forces turnovers.

Why can't it work with Pennington (who is light years better than Grossman), TJ and this D?

The defense put Chad in a position to win multiple games last year. I'll admit it's hard to judge the QBs base off of last year's disaster. Our defense is much improved(on paper at least) and SHOULD give our offense alot of help. The fact we're presently built as what appears to be a running team would Help penny's case as well. As you said TJ NEEDS to be productive for the offense to work, otherwise it's all on Chad and we ALL know how that goes...

Doesn't matter. No one can get near him.:lol:

Even the best OLine does not keep a QB clean. He will get hit.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. If Chad is our starter (God forbid), he will miss time due to injury, poor play, or both. Count on it. He will not start and complete 16 games.

Ive been saying for the last 4 months that all Chad needs is a good line and healthy year to lead this team to the playoffs.

He could also use arm strength and durability, but let's not split hairs here, I'm fine with calling him a franchise QB. The level of this guys commitment to the team is unheard of. Take this example as such, most guys take care of the guys that take care of them, but Chad is such a superspecial guy and SUCH a class act, he of course goes above and beyond here too. From what I've heard from some folks, he's refferred to as old reliable back there by the training staff, in fact many of them actually credit him for putting their kids through college. Now you tell me, who else would be so generous but Chad? He really deserves another chance guys? Hmmmmmkay, won't you guys please just love him for being who he is, and not look at him just as some football player on your favorite team?

Chad>Team

Realtalk?

The defense put Chad in a position to win multiple games last year. I'll admit it's hard to judge the QBs base off of last year's disaster. Our defense is much improved(on paper at least) and SHOULD give our offense alot of help. The fact we're presently built as what appears to be a running team would Help penny's case as well. As you said TJ NEEDS to be productive for the offense to work, otherwise it's all on Chad and we ALL know how that goes...

Definitely...the D was above average at times last year, and pick 6's ruined countless games for us. Historically, if I'm not mistaken, Chad has not fared well AT ALL when playing from behind. I think if the defense can set the tone early this year, and have TJ wear on these defenses, it will make Chad look a lot better.

I just think with an improved line, and TJ being productive, this is a team Chad can win with.

I'm not saying he's the best option, because Kellen might improve in camp and pre-season, but I would be OK with Chad as the QB THIS year. Beyond that, I hope we have something better in mind.

Our defense was absolutely awful last season until about half way through. They had very few good games with Pennington at QB. Off the top of my head I can remember Philly and Tennessee. That was basically it.

Definitely...the D was above average at times last year, and pick 6's ruined countless games for us. Historically, if I'm not mistaken, Chad has not fared well AT ALL when playing from behind. I think if the defense can set the tone early this year, and have TJ wear on these defenses, it will make Chad look a lot better.

I just think with an improved line, and TJ being productive, this is a team Chad can win with.

I'm not saying he's the best option, because Kellen might improve in camp and pre-season, but I would be OK with Chad as the QB THIS year. Beyond that, I hope we have something better in mind.

Agree basically on all points. Bottom line is if Chad is the QB this year, he's going to need ALOT of help to win games, this is not a QB who wins games on his own. Never has, never will.

Even the best OLine does not keep a QB clean. He will get hit.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. If Chad is our starter (God forbid), he will miss time due to injury, poor play, or both. Count on it. He will not start and complete 16 games.

I was joking. I know he'll get hit.

Also, Chad has stayed injury free through seasons before. It's unlikely but not impossible that he could do it again.

A good line will help Chad. Especially good pass protection up the middle. Chad's weak arm is most exposed when he can't step into a pass and has to throw off of his back foot. This is where Fanaca will really help. Last year with Clarke, LG was like an usher at the movie theater letting people go by. He didn't even slow them down enough to tear their tickets.

A good line will help Chad. Especially good pass protection up the middle. Chad's weak arm is most exposed when he can't step into a pass and has to throw off of his back foot. This is where Fanaca will really help. Last year with Clarke, LG was like an usher at the movie theater letting people go by. He didn't even slow them down enough to tear their tickets.

Faneca is not a great pass blocker. He's light years better than what we had last season and far from a liability but even so pass protection is not his strength and never has been. His run blocking more than makes up for it.

It is like buying a Mustang with the small 6...

:rl::rl::rl::rl: POTW (I know I need to hit the button.)

Bingo... that gives me an idea...

chad needs, chad needs, chad needs...

The team needs a winner at QB, end of story.

It took Peyton Manning 9 years to win a superbowl... he even got his ass kicked by Chad and the JETS in the playoffs once...

IM not saying Chad is Peyton... but even a great QB NEEDS the right team around him...

It took Peyton Manning 9 years to win a superbowl... he even got his ass kicked by Chad and the JETS in the playoffs once...

IM not saying Chad is Peyton... but even a great QB NEEDS the right team around him...

not really a fair comparison when a loss in the AFC title game is considered a wasted season for Peyton, where as if Chad lost in the AFC title game it would considered an unbelievable run of good fortune.

Chad's average...good against the bad teams and bad against the good teams.

Faneca is not a great pass blocker. He's light years better than what we had last season and far from a liability but even so pass protection is not his strength and never has been. His run blocking more than makes up for it.

Last season Faneca was pretty bad at pass blocking but I think that could be who he had around him, and the distraction for his contract. Faneca is usually very solid to great as a pass blocker. I don't think his run blocking is actually THAT great, but I do admit that he works REALLY well with a good center, that is he seems to always have good chemistry with whoever the center is. I think Pittsburgh only had 2 though in his tenure there, so that could be a factor. I want to see how he gels with Mangold, that could be interesting and really develop Mangold into an elite Center.

I'm still not sold on Brick, but there should be an improvement with Faneca next to him. We really need to have a great left side. Our right side should be okay but I do not think it can develop into a real strength. Maybe I can be pleasantly surprised though. Moore isn't really that bad, and Woody once had talent, hopefully the two of them are really motivated now and become a force.

Grossman has an arm though, thus spreading out the defense instead of forcing the lines to deal with 8 in the box all of the time. Making it easier for the line to open up holes for the RB and actually being able to move the ball.

Clemens actually seems like a closer comparison to Grossman than Chad is, decent arm strength needs work on accuracy, if you are going to use that argument, then he's the guy to use.

Grossman has an arm though, thus spreading out the defense instead of forcing the lines to deal with 8 in the box all of the time. Making it easier for the line to open up holes for the RB and actually being able to move the ball.

Clemens actually seems like a closer comparison to Grossman than Chad is, decent arm strength needs work on accuracy, if you are going to use that argument, then he's the guy to use.

Grossman has an arm?

Grossman has NEVER spread a defense..please. 8 in the box for TJ and he still couldn't capitalize.

Grossman has an arm?

Grossman has NEVER spread a defense..please. 8 in the box for TJ and he still couldn't capitalize.

He has a cannon arm and when he does connect on a deep ball it looks great.

He has no consistency or accuracy whatsoever though and his desicion making is beyond awful.

His arm is fine.

Grossman has an arm?

I never said he had a cannon, but he looks like Terry Bradshaw when you compare him to Penny. I watched quite a few Bears games back in 06 and dont recall him facing the pressure on the level that Chad causes this team to face week in and out, when teams acutally gameplan for him.

Grossman has an arm though, thus spreading out the defense instead of forcing the lines to deal with 8 in the box all of the time.

Although my last post agrees that Grossman has an arm, doesn't mean teams will respect it.

Same applies to Kyle Boller, Tavaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Alex Smith and our very own Kellen Clemens.

I never said he had a cannon, but he looks like Terry Bradshaw when you compare him to Penny. I watched quite a few Bears games back in 06 and dont recall him facing the pressure on the level that Chad causes this team to face week in and out, when teams acutally gameplan for him.

He does have a cannon, he can absolutely launch it. No accuracy at all though.

In 06 I don't know what games you were talking about because the Bears did face 8 men in the box more often than not. Teams new they relied on Thomas Jones and they did everything to stop it.

See the Superbowl, where Bob Sanders basically played like a 4th OLB for Indy.

Grossman will get no respect from any teams until they feel the risk of letting him beat them is them is not worth the reward of him making mistakes. So far, his career has proven that the risk is more than worth it.

Although my last post agrees that Grossman has an arm, doesn't mean teams will respect it.

Same applies to Kyle Boller, Tavaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Alex Smith and our very own Kellen Clemens.

That threat of the long ball causes them to put guys back into coverage, when there are 8 guys within fifteen yards its hard for a weak armed QB to do much of anything (see last year)

not really a fair comparison when a loss in the AFC title game is considered a wasted season for Peyton, where as if Chad lost in the AFC title game it would considered an unbelievable run of good fortune.

Chad's average...good against the bad teams and bad against the good teams.

Chad would be considered a failure for not winning it all, Peyton was considered a great QB who couldnt take the pressure.

My point is even the very BEST QB's cant win it all with out the right players around them.

FYI- Eli Manning won it all last year... Eli ****ing Manning BEAT Tom Brady and the Pats...

Its all about the team as a whole!

Archived