Jets | Mahl Signed

Smizzy

Jets | Mahl Signed

Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:29:50 -0700

The New York Jets have announced the signing of LB Eric Mahl. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Mahl = Kent State (home of alumnists Jack Lambert, Thurman Munson and Antonio Gates) stud. Sad to see him go.

Jetsfan80, Mahl played real well at the Las Vegas All-American Classic in January and looked "possibly draftable".

Kind of "blew it", when he didn't workout real well at KSU Pro Day--ran poorly.

He was cut by Cleveland before they played an exhibition game, so it's unlikely he'll make the Jets--practice squad/NFLe allocation, at best?

BTY, wasn't NFL Hall of Famer Jack Lambert from KSU? Saw that on ESPN Classic just the other day :lol:

They said Lambert played NFL LBer at about 200 to 220 pounds :shock:

Jetsfan80, Mahl played real well at the Las Vegas All-American Classic in January and looked "possibly draftable".

Kind of "blew it", when he didn't workout real well at KSU Pro Day--ran poorly.

He was cut by Cleveland before they played an exhibition game, so it's unlikely he'll make the Jets--practice squad/NFLe allocation, at best?

BTY, wasn't NFL Hall of Famer Jack Lambert from KSU? Saw that on ESPN Classic just the other day :lol:

They said Lambert played NFL LBer at about 200 to 220 pounds :shock:

Correct, Lambert went to Kent, though oddly, I didn't think to add him into my post. Funny, I forget a former MLB whom Mahl is following, yet recall a Yankee catcher who went to the same school instead. :shock:

Thanks for the info, R44.

You're correct faba, Mahl had some serious latter round draft hopes for a while last season....

Sometimes, just looking at reality tells the story: Any player cut before the 1st exhibition game has a long road ahead of him.

You'd figure the better free agents last until the mandatory cuts.

But, who knows?

I wish Mahl good luck, he'll need it.

Archived