SAY GOODBYE

Green Jets & Ham

To my Uncle Al signature :lol::lol:

GOIN ... GOIN ... GONE!! :lol:

As I predicted. Can't believe it took this long though. :shock:

Thing about Al is, he's a nice pitcher....for 5-6 innings, and ONLY 5-6 innings. Even on his best days, the bullpen will still get used up faster than you can say "Scott Proctor". He kills his teams not by his ability to get guys out, which he can do. He does it in the more silent fashion, through control problems, high pitch counts, and subsequently, early exits.

Thing about Al is, he's a nice pitcher .... for 5-6 innings, and ONLY 5-6 innings.

Believe me, 80, right now most Yankee fans will sign for 5 or 6 solid innings each time out

Most of us would sign on the dotted line for that in a nano-second

It's the crap he pulled tonite ... 3 innings, 6 runs ... that we cannot endure

UNCLE AL has to do better than that ... if even on savvy alone, he has to do better than that

That was a Tim Redding start, not what you expect from an Uncle Al :(

Believe me, 80, right now most Yankee fans will sign for 5 or 6 solid innings each time out

UNCLE AL has to do better than that ... if even on savvy alone, he has to do better than that

Well I didn't say Al will give you 5-6 quality innings EVERY TIME OUT, nor should Yankee fans have expected that.

But alas, just when the Yankees felt they had found THE GUY to right the ship, he fails them. I coulda told you that. :lol:

Other than Boston Ham, Al was extremely lucky not to have similiar results as tonight.

If Minnesota wasn't sporting basically a AAA line-up his last start would have been worse than tonight.

The three games he cost them could mean the play-offs and thus magnifies what was a bad signing by the Yanks.

The day he was signed all Mets fans familiar with his Florida decline predicted exactly what he is, a 5 inning 100+ pitch guy who destroys your pen for not only his start but the next.

Maybe if he resolves his control problems he can contribute out of the pen.

Other than Boston Ham, Al was extremely lucky not to have similiar results as tonight.

If Minnesota wasn't sporting basically a AAA line-up his last start would have been worse than tonight.

The three games he cost them could mean the play-offs and thus magnifies what was a bad signing by the Yanks.

The day he was signed all Mets fans familiar with his Florida decline predicted exactly what he is, a 5 inning 100+ pitch guy who destroys your pen for not only his start but the next.

Maybe if he resolves his control problems he can contribute out of the pen.

The thing that drives you nuts is HE STILL HAS QUALITY STUFF

He really does ... his ball moves well and his velocity is fine ... not over-powering, but fine

I Just don't understand why a veteran like Uncle Al, who has had so much success, would suddenly turn into a nibbler who gets behind in the count time after time?

Why would he do that ... it's so frustrating ... AL KNOWS the most important pitch in baseball is STRIKE ONE .... HE KNOWS THAT!! #-o

Al Leiter was simply Al Leiter tonight.

Sorry Ham, the magic has gone from that hurler.

Oh really?

Then how come when he was THROWING STRIKES he made the Red Sox look sick?

And I admit the Sox are a lethal hitting ball-club!

But when he was dealing strikes and getting ahead of the hitters, he flatout dominated Boston

How do you explain that?

I'll tell you how ... because he still has GOOD STUFF

In that respect he is NOT shot ... his problem is CONTROL ... nothing else

The thing that drives you nuts is HE STILL HAS QUALITY STUFF

He really does ... his ball moves well and his velocity is fine ... not over-powering, but fine

I Just don't understand why a veteran like Uncle Al, who has had so much success, would suddenly turn into a nibbler who gets behind in the count time after time?

Why would he do that ... it's so frustrating ... AL KNOWS the most important pitch in baseball is STRIKE ONE .... HE KNOWS THAT!! #-o

just a guess Ham but i would say that he realizes he doesn't have overpowing stuff anymore and that kills his confidence to the point that he nibbles.

it's probably more mental than physical. i wish he would just go after hitters and then see what happens.

just a guess Ham but i would say that he realizes he doesn't have overpowing stuff anymore and that kills his confidence to the point that he nibbles.

it's probably more mental than physical. i wish he would just go after hitters and then see what happens.

Ken Singleton just echoed my sentiments on the post game show ... said he has the stuff to get big league hitters out, his stuff is fine, but he beats himself with bases on balls and getting behind in the counts

That is probably what I would expect from a 40 year old Uncle Al. But hey, whatever...

Do not say I did not warn you-he is and will kill your bullpen and your patience as a Yankee fan- deep counts-long innings and bullpen depleted
We knew it wouldn't take long for them to tire of Grandpa Al. He really needs to get his political career started.

Ham...dont feel so bad about jinxing Grandpa Al. Youre a 100%, grade-A, blind-as-a-bat, yahoo homer...your opinion has NOTHING to do with reality. Im sure if I look with even remote interest I could find a thread or 2 (or 500) where JonEJinx ballwashes Grandpa Al and thus...caused the ruination of his 2005 Yankee stint.

Oh really?

Then how come when he was THROWING STRIKES he made the Red Sox look sick?

And I admit the Sox are a lethal hitting ball-club!

But when he was dealing strikes and getting ahead of the hitters, he flatout dominated Boston

How do you explain that?

I'll tell you how ... because he still has GOOD STUFF

In that respect he is NOT shot ... his problem is CONTROL ... nothing else

Every pitcher is going to have at least one day in the sun. The Sox had not seen Leiter for a very long time and he mixed his pitches up nicely and kept the hitters guessing. But look at what he was doing in Florida this year. Awful. Simply awful.

Archived