Hughes/Pavano Watch

MagicBizkit87

On Pavano:

Allowing 5 hits to Single A Charleston hitters has to be embarrassing. I know it's just a rehab start, but he needs more work down there.

On Hughes:

i heard online that he was consistently throwing 95-96 mph. Even on one pitch they said he threw 101, but I wouldn't take that seriously, because when Hughes was in the majors, he topped out at 92. I think he can hit 95-96 though. Great start from him though. He may be called up Trenton or Scranton soon. He threw 50 pitches in this outing.

On Pavano:

Allowing 5 hits to Single A Charleston hitters has to be embarrassing. I know it's just a rehab start, but he needs more work down there.

On Hughes:

i heard online that he was consistently throwing 95-96 mph. Even on one pitch they said he threw 101, but I wouldn't take that seriously, because when Hughes was in the majors, he topped out at 92. I think he can hit 95-96 though. Great start from him though. He may be called up Trenton or Scranton soon. He threw 50 pitches in this outing.

I heard that too. The radar gun apparently wasn't busted. I have trouble believing that he threw 101 MPH though. The announcers said he was throwing between 92-95 on his fastball all night. Good news.

Phil Hughes: handle with care.

I don't understand how he's perceived as injury prone. He had a completely FREAK injury last year and this year cracked a rib. That's not going to be a recurring injury. In fact, neither of those are. If he had a history of arm problems I'd be worried, but he doesn't.

What?? How can you even come close to saying that? The kid is 21 and pitched pretty well in the post-season last year. Just because he had a rough start to the year he's a bust. Newsflash! The whole team had a rough start, the pitching eventually came around. Who's to say that if he stayed healthy that Dave Eiland wouldn't have helped turned the corner up here?

notice Joba and Phil came up around the same time

Joba is a monster

Hughes is a nobody so far. plenty of time to change that ofcourse.

hughes was ranked ahead of Joba by virtually ALL scouts. now if someone were to say that they'd look crazy.

I don't understand how he's perceived as injury prone. He had a completely FREAK injury last year and this year cracked a rib. That's not going to be a recurring injury. In fact, neither of those are. If he had a history of arm problems I'd be worried, but he doesn't.

21 year old kids shouldnt be cracking ribs while pitching or pulling hammies. Right now, you'd after consider Hughes fragile until he proves otherwise.

Blackout's right, Joba is an absolute beast while the jury is really still out on Phil. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Pitchers should be in athletic shape so that they don't snap their foot rounding third like it's made out of peanut butter brittle. My fat ass could run 2nd to third without snapping my foot.

The Wang injury was just pathetic.

Pitchers should be in athletic shape so that they don't snap their foot rounding third like it's made out of peanut butter brittle. My fat ass could run 2nd to third without snapping my foot.

i kno, i just dont understand a pro sports player getting hurt for running. pitchers get to much special treatment.

Hughes has nowhere near the injury track record that Pavano has. You can't do anything to prevent a cracked rib and the hammy was a complete FREAK injury. HOw many times do I have to say this?

Guess what, til he shows me otherwise, he is in the same category as that other pansy Kennedy. If he comes back and deals, I stand corrected. I'm fed up with these "prospects".

Guess what, til he shows me otherwise, he is in the same category as that other pansy Kennedy. If he comes back and deals, I stand corrected. I'm fed up with these "prospects".

you're a joke, it's fans like you that give yankee fans a bad name. What do you expect the guys to come out here and light it up from day one and have hall of fame careers from their first start. You putting Hughes on the same level as Pavano because he has had a little bit of injury trouble early in his career? You're done with prospects. Everyone cries about building from within and the first little roadblack that happens with the process and you're back to what, wanting us to sign over the hill former allstars? There is going to be an adjustment and growing period for any and all prospects and young guys who come up. You can't expect them to be hall of famers from day one. No patience, lets trade them all for guys who were great five years ago and see where that gets us.

you're a joke, it's fans like you that give yankee fans a bad name. What do you expect the guys to come out here and light it up from day one and have hall of fame careers from their first start. You putting Hughes on the same level as Pavano because he has had a little bit of injury trouble early in his career? You're done with prospects. Everyone cries about building from within and the first little roadblack that happens with the process and you're back to what, wanting us to sign over the hill former allstars? There is going to be an adjustment and growing period for any and all prospects and young guys who come up. You can't expect them to be hall of famers from day one. No patience, lets trade them all for guys who were great five years ago and see where that gets us.

Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware this was Hughes's first year. Please tell me as to what kind of fan I should be .

Good to see someone else doesn't judge player's on a month's worth of work.

Maybe I am out of my mind, but could Pavano possibly be a key element to our last months ?

He really could. Especially since Giese, Ponson, and Rasner are currently in the rotation, and he's better than any one of those. The performance of Hughes, Pavano, and Kennedy will determine whether or not the Yankees make the playoffs.

He really could. Especially since Giese, Ponson, and Rasner are currently in the rotation, and he's better than any one of those. The performance of Hughes, Pavano, and Kennedy will determine whether or not the Yankees make the playoffs.

Jesus balls.....on a lighter note, if someone can find me the email to the Rangers broadcast team, I would appreciate it. After enduring 4 days of their garbage, I am looking to "chime in".....

Archived