Has Anyone taken online classes?

Jetman_67

Im at the end of my first semester of online college classes. Going into this, I thought it would be easy. I was wrong, you need to be very disciplined and work hard. There is alot more reading than I expected. Also more writing than I expected.

If anyone else has done this I would like to hear your opinions. I feel like I have learned more than I expected from this experience so far.

For me there are too many distractions @ home to take online classes. I'm easily distracted, I know it wouldn't work for me. Good luck

There are definately distractions. I have learned to ignore them at times. Usually I go to Starbucks or somewhere quiet to focus on my school work. SPC and kids have adjusted to my school and give me the privacy when I need it. What worked for me is explaining if i get my degree I make more money. We can then get a bigger home and take nicer vacations.

When I remind them of these things, they completely understand that I have todo this to get what we all want

There are definately distractions. I have learned to ignore them at times. Usually I go to Starbucks or somewhere quiet to focus on my school work. SPC and kids have adjusted to my school and give me the privacy when I need it. What worked for me is explaining if i get my degree I make more money. We can then get a bigger home and take nicer vacations.

When I remind them of these things, they completely understand that I have todo this to get what we all want

I thought you were a bigtime Real Estate broker?

You get out of that field?

I thought you were a bigtime Real Estate broker?

You get out of that field?

Well there are 2 things that changed that. The RE market flatlined and I live in Seattle now. I could get a license here, and just might. The problem is the market is not good, and I dont know the marketplace like i did back east.

I have always been good with computers. I just dont have a degree. No degree makes you unskilled labor. I want more than that.

the lack of a degree kept me from a job testing games at Nintendo even. Thats entry level work. There is another small business in my town called Microsoft. I would love to get my foot in the door with them, but again I need that degree.

Night classes dont work for my schedule. Online classes work with most any schedule. I found it requires more discipline though since you are on your own schedule.

Well there are 2 things that changed that. The RE market flatlined and I live in Seattle now. I could get a license here, and just might. The problem is the market is not good, and I dont know the marketplace like i did back east.

I have always been good with computers. I just dont have a degree. No degree makes you unskilled labor. I want more than that.

the lack of a degree kept me from a job testing games at Nintendo even. Thats entry level work. There is another small business in my town called Microsoft. I would love to get my foot in the door with them, but again I need that degree.

Night classes dont work for my schedule. Online classes work with most any schedule. I found it requires more discipline though since you are on your own schedule.

Good luck 67.

You definitely need to be focused and motivated in wanting to pass the class because it is up to YOU to pass the course. I'll be taking two of my four classes this semester online and havn't had too many problems with online courses so far and I'm entering my 3rd year of college myself.

Good luck.

My wife took a bunch since we are over here and her schedule won't let her take any normal classes. I think they are all over the map as far as the amount of work required. It all depends on the professor and I use that term lightly. Some of them are kind of a joke. Obviously all the tests are open book and there are more essays than most regular classes. Usually there is a weekly journal or essay required to show that you are keeping up with the work. Worst are probably the timed multiple choice.

jetman i took a bunch of usf classes online. they have their good points and their bad points....

the best thing is that it is convenient and you dont need to travel to class

the bad part is that there is just as much or more work than a regular class. you can learn a lot but you have to work. i also detest getting paired up or grouped up with strangers and having them tyrn in their part at 11:56pm, 4 minutes before the deadline

Archived