STATE YOUR HERMAN STANCE NOW!!!!!

TomShane

Pro Herm or Anti Herm?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Pro Herm or Anti Herm?

• Pro Herm
    • Anti-Herm
    • vehemently and/or rabidly anti-Herm

There has been TOO MUCH waffling with the Herm supporters/haters going on and I, for one, am sick of it. As an avowed Herm-hater (from Day One), I demand to know WHO IS WITH ME, and WHO IS AGAINST ME. Hit the poll, and also put your name to it by declaring the following. In this thread you either declare that you are PRO-HERM or ANTI HERM. Here are your cut and paste options...

PRO-HERM

ANTI-HERM

Step up, poo-ha's.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pro-Herm. He drives us absolutely batty on certain issues, but the bottom line is results. You're in it to win it and you can't do that chilling in the Carribean while some teams are working. Before you give me any nonsense about winning the SB, tell me during Herm's regime how many other coaches have won it? He has a chance to be the best coach in our entire history. Why not give him that shot?

Sorry JetMo-watching "REscue Me".

Herm is a figurehead. But this year anyway, a figurehead with no power and no say. The pendulum has swung in the subtle power struggle (for lack of a better word) from Edwards to Bradway. You don't call your boss out twice as Edwards did and not pay a price someday. If the Jets don't go far, he'll take the Joe Pesci basement ride. But lucky for him, he's now got 2 great coordinators with carte blanche to get the job done without any of his dithering stupidity.

O.K. men, let me tell you all something, men, you played your hearts out today, men and you're a good football team, men. Don't let anyone tell you different, men. We know who we are, men.

Are you friggin' kidding me????? I love the Jets, but I cannot stand Herm any longer. I'm sick of that "what's that smell" look that he has on the sidelines whenever he's caught on camera. It's like someone got lucky with limolady and made Herm smell his finger the next morning. Alright, I don't hate him that much, but I think he is not so good. In other words, I am ANTI-HERM!

As a staunch Herm supporter I've been fighting the good fight with many of my brethern ( Max, Bitonti, Flow, Warfish etc etc) since day 1 back on that "other" board. I have never waivered.

PRO-HERM

P.s. Where the hell is flowtrain anyway?

P.p.s How is the vote 2-1 in favor of Herm? It feels like he gets ripped every second of every day. Is this just a case of the minority being the loudest?

I am more in the middle, I hate him and I like him. But if I would have to vote, I would go Pro-Herm.

What can I say? I love listening to the man talk. :lol:

I love the way he has the players buying into his system.... But I havent really loved the system. I think you gotta think of herm like a Wide reciever. Even if they come highly regarded it usually takes them 3 years to adapt to the league and really come into their own.

Every year I have watched Herm improve on something. I tend to believe he has what it takes to become one of the best coaches in the league, although he hasn't put it all together yet. This year is definetly going to be a big year for Herm in cementing his job with the Jets.

Definetly Pro-Herm though

I'm sick of that "what's that smell" look that he has on the sidelines whenever he's caught on camera. It's like someone got lucky with limolady and made Herm smell his finger the next morning.

Classic =D>

Look, I have no choice but to "support" Herm this year b/c I support the Jets. But Herm is a friggin' clown in people clothing (well, usually he wears people clothing; sometimes he does donn his clown outfits). I have seen nothing other than sideline hand-clapping & confusion from him on the sideline. No talking into his headset coming up with ideas like every other coach. The only "ideas" he's had are firing his own hand-picked people after WAY too long to prevent his own dismissal, implementing BOTH offensive AND defensive schemes that didn't fit the team he had, and moving his weak-legged kicker (who'd just missed a long FG) BACK two yds with the season on the line.

He gets credit for every win & takes no flack for any loss. The guy gets a pass too often for being a first-time HC. Frankly, the perfect job for Herm is the position he had with Tampa Bay: Assistant Head Coach. THERE, you can use a rah-rah guy who doesn't need to know much. But when you hear stupidity coming from any of your coordinators, you need to be able to take the reins & overrule them. Herm never did that. He just let them do their stuff & "we'll get 'em next year" becomes his apologists' mantra while another season is squandered.

His blind supporters consider the playoffs to be an accomplishment. Hey, if we'd had nothing but losing seasons for the past bunch of years, then it IS an accomplishment. But we hadn't had a loser since '96. This franchise was plenty turned-around well before his previous boss was fired.

Herm is a fool. He is incompetent. He is just flat-out dumb. The confused look he always has on the sidelines is because he IS confused. Take that "master motivator" & "master delegator" crap & shove it. This team needs coaching, not cheerleading & delegating responsibilities that are supposed to be your own.

Hopefully, with three top-notch coordinators & a roster full of talent, his cheerleading will be enough while the true professionals do their work. If not, he should be shown the door that never should've been opened to him in the first place.

you guys know how ive bashed herm in the past but im sticking to my new attitude that i got after the end of last season.

the laws of chance dictate that 4 pretty good years must mean that herm has more talent than one might think.

if he sucked, the last 4 years would have sucked

somehow, he has been able to keep this team competitive and get us into the playoffs. once your in the playoffs, its just a few games more to the super bowl.

the theory that i had and now reject, and others still harp about concerning herm being blessed with a parcells team goes out the window with their playoff appearance last year. this is herms team, not parcells. if herm really sucked we would be a 7-9 team right about now, and look at you slobs, somehow excited about whats going on these days

you just cant make believe that anything and everything that is good happens despite herman. he somehow has to be part of it.

i support herm.

His blind supporters consider the playoffs to be an accomplishment. Hey, if we'd had nothing but losing seasons for the past bunch of years, then it IS an accomplishment. But we hadn't had a loser since '96. This franchise was plenty turned-around well before his previous boss was fired.

Herm is a fool. He is incompetent. He is just flat-out dumb. The confused look he always has on the sidelines is because he IS confused.

yet when the offense is chipping away penalty free or the defense is on fire, then suddenly he has no confused look.

your logic is flawed. you say that the team has been turned around since 96. 96 is a LONG time ago. this isnt that team, its herms team so whats your point

according to your logic, since we are now turned around as you say we can hire limolady as head coach and jetgirl as defensive coordinator and we would still be competetive, becuase we are turned around

im not buying it. when there smoke there always fire. herm has to be a part of the goodness. what we as fans see of him on tv rah rah is a grain of sand on the beach. the players do respect him and they are pretty diciplined. sorry charley

Herm is a fool. He is incompetent. He is just flat-out dumb. The confused look he always has on the sidelines is because he IS confused.

yet when the offense is chipping away penalty free or the defense is on fire, then suddenly he has no confused look.

your logic is flawed. you say that the team has been turned around since 96. 96 is a LONG time ago. this isnt that team, its herms team so whats your point

according to your logic, since we are now turned around as you say we can hire limolady as head coach and jetgirl as defensive coordinator and we would still be competetive, becuase we are turned around

im not buying it. when there smoke there always fire. herm has to be a part of the goodness. what we as fans see of him on tv rah rah is a grain of sand on the beach. the players do respect him and they are pretty diciplined. sorry charley

The point is that merely making the playoffs & then squandering the opportunity is not something that gets me all warm & fuzzy inside. I want to see a winner; not a team that beats up on weaklings & then folds in the playoffs. We should've blown SD & Pit away last year. Herm watched sh*ttenheimer blow the game at the end & then repeated that mistake himself 1 week later. Herm is stupid.

Who exactly did we beat last year, in Herm's marquis year?

CIN in Carson Palmer's first game (and we almost blew it)

SD when they still sucked my left one (and we almost blew it)

MIA (twice) who didn't get win #2 until week 12

BUF then 0-3 (at home, by two whole points)

SF who were well on their way to a 2-14 season

CLE and their stellar 4-12 team

ARI who also managed to lose to the 49ers

TEX 7-9, 1-3 in their previous 4 games

SEA who hadn't beaten anyone impressive themselves

SD (playoffs) though our "penalty-free" team got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on what should've been the final play of the game giving all of us flashbacks to the '86 season. Also took SD missing a FG in OT.

Impressive? Elite? Hardly. Our team was far better than all of those teams we beat. Mike Tice (who is actually worse and dumber than Herm) could've gotten 9-10 wins with this team.

There has been TOO MUCH waffling with the Herm supporters/haters going on and I, for one, am sick of it. As an avowed Herm-hater (from Day One), I demand to know WHO IS WITH ME, and WHO IS AGAINST ME. Hit the poll, and also put your name to it by declaring the following. In this thread you either declare that you are PRO-HERM or ANTI HERM. Here are your cut and paste options...

PRO-HERM

ANTI-HERM

Step up, poo-ha's.

I'm Pro-Herm all the way. It hink he's doing a fine job of putting all of the pieces together.

Who exactly did we beat last year, in Herm's marquis year?

CIN in Carson Palmer's first game (and we almost blew it)

SD when they still sucked my left one (and we almost blew it)

MIA (twice) who didn't get win #2 until week 12

BUF then 0-3 (at home, by two whole points)

SF who were well on their way to a 2-14 season

CLE and their stellar 4-12 team

ARI who also managed to lose to the 49ers

TEX 7-9, 1-3 in their previous 4 games

SEA who hadn't beaten anyone impressive themselves

Go look at the past Super Bowl winners in the past decade, nearly everyone of them carried a "weak" schedule. Does that take away from what they did?

The Bills had the same schedule as us nearly and everyone was riding their jock, but when the Jets do well vs. an inferior schedule it's only because they faced lesser competition. That's complete bullsh*t.

I'll go deeper with this schedule non-sense if you'd really like but you won't win so I wouldn't pursue it further.

you guys know how ive bashed herm in the past but im sticking to my new attitude that i got after the end of last season.

the laws of chance dictate that 4 pretty good years must mean that herm has more talent than one might think.

if he sucked, the last 4 years would have sucked

somehow, he has been able to keep this team competitive and get us into the playoffs. once your in the playoffs, its just a few games more to the super bowl.

the theory that i had and now reject, and others still harp about concerning herm being blessed with a parcells team goes out the window with their playoff appearance last year. this is herms team, not parcells. if herm really sucked we would be a 7-9 team right about now, and look at you slobs, somehow excited about whats going on these days

you just cant make believe that anything and everything that is good happens despite herman. he somehow has to be part of it.

i support herm.

=D> Great post. You can't luck your way into the playoffs that many times. The NFL's post-season isn't like basketball or hockey where everyone and their grandma gets to play.

Archived