STATE YOUR HERMAN STANCE NOW!!!!!

TomShane

Pro Herm or Anti Herm?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Pro Herm or Anti Herm?

• Pro Herm
    • Anti-Herm
    • vehemently and/or rabidly anti-Herm

As a staunch Herm supporter I've been fighting the good fight with many of my brethern ( Max, Bitonti, Flow, Warfish etc etc) since day 1 back on that "other" board. I have never waivered.

PRO-HERM

P.s. Where the hell is flowtrain anyway?

P.p.s How is the vote 2-1 in favor of Herm? It feels like he gets ripped every second of every day. Is this just a case of the minority being the loudest?

I hate myself for ever writing this.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was the HC. I supported him the same way I support Chad Pennington. Doesn't mean I like them.

I think a lot of Jets fans fell into this catagory. I liked Herm as a HC since he was such an improvement over Kotie. I hated him for how he slithered out of town. He wanted the KC job from the get go and thru the media he fixed it so Woody HAD to let him leave for KC. He's a snake and I think a lot of KC fans are starting to realize this. He won't last very long there.

Herm was a sucky coach & is still a sucky coach. He will bury that franchise the way he buried this one.

buried? the browns are buried, the texans are buried, the raiders are buried. The jets missed the playoffs in 05, and returned in 06. Maybe we have different definitions.

buried? the browns are buried, the texans are buried, the raiders are buried. The jets missed the playoffs in 05, and returned in 06. Maybe we have different definitions.

That someone else resurrected it is not the point. Is there a person around (including Herm himself) that believed he would have coached the Jets to the playoffs in '06?

That someone else resurrected it is not the point. Is there a person around (including Herm himself) that believed he would have coached the Jets to the playoffs in '06?

as you've brought up in other threads, we had a 'cup-cake schedule'. So could another coach have gotten us there with a veteran QB, 8 to 10 returning starter-defenders? Maybe.

Infact, we may have had another win had we stuck with the 43 defense all year and only changed things on the offensive side of the ball. Just because Mangini did it, doesn't mean someone else couldn't have. (although, herm definatly could NOT have gotten that team to the playoffs)

nyjunc :P

lol

as you've brought up in other threads, we had a 'cup-cake schedule'. So could another coach have gotten us there with a veteran QB, 8 to 10 returning starter-defenders? Maybe.

Infact, we may have had another win had we stuck with the 43 defense all year and only changed things on the offensive side of the ball. Just because Mangini did it, doesn't mean someone else couldn't have. (although, herm definatly could NOT have gotten that team to the playoffs)

I don't think at all that Mangini & absolutely no one else could have won 10 games with this team. But I do think people forget all the situations surrounding the franchise at the time that Herm ran away.

- QB#1 Pennington who was thought to never play again & due a roster bonus in March

- QB#2 Fiedler who was also on IR for the same amt of time & needed to be released for $ reasons; due a sizable roster bonus in March

- RB#1 Martin - lucky to be walking

- RB#2 Blaylock - coming off a broken foot & was only ever good behind the KC HOF OL

- RB#3 Houston - nothing special

- WR#1 Coles - ok but a big cap hit

- WR#2 McCareins - was way overpaid for production

- WR#3 ??? - no one knew what Cotchery was since he played in college

- WR#4/5 - I don't even remember who else we had

- TE#1 - Baker - coming off injury & hadn't accomplished anything in the pro's

- LT#1 - Fabini - could barely stand up; let alone play

- LT#2 - Jones - is a backup talent at best

- LG - Kendall - was due like $3-4M in salary. Decent player but nothing grat.

- C - Mawae - declining skills, coming off season-ending injury, malcontent, expensive

- RG - Moore - cheap & is a below average starter

- RT - Gragg - retired

- DE - Ellis - had a huge cap hit coming up

- DT - Reed - sucks & punched Vilma in the face

- DT - DRob - overweight & out of shape & mega-expensive & due a roster bonus in March

- DE - Abraham - wants a $40-50M contract or threatens sitting out the season

- DE - Thomas - a total bust

- OLB - Hobson - eh. Was ok.

- MLB - Vilma - made the pro bowl

- OLB - Barton - coming off IR injury

- CB - Barrett - sucks & massively overpaid

- CB - Law - was due an $11M roster bonus in March

- FS/SS (were used interchangably) - Rhodes - looked good but hardly special

- FS/SS - Coleman - coming off a major sophomore slump

- K - Nugent - 1 touchback & under 80% on FG's

- P - Graham - interesting prospect - nothing great at that point

oh - and with those players above we were about $25M over the salary cap & still in massive need of incoming talent.

Herm THOUGHT he'd left us for dead & wanted out of here asap. Don't confuse the players who came from out of nowhere to perform well with "oh it's the same team as 2004 & earlier" - because it most certainly was not.

Where did I say or even suggest that in that post? It was the state of the Jets when Herm left in January '06, before Mangini was hired.

Can you read? I guess not.

I have problems reading when I have to stare at your avatar. It is just too red. :)

You didn't write it, but it was implied.

The question is (and remotely interesting) is would Herm have gotten us ten wins last year or to the playoffs.

I think he would have probably gotten us 9 or 10 wins. He would never have changed the defense so we might have started off stronger.

Anyway, an interesting thought.

BZ

I have problems reading when I have to stare at your avatar. It is just too red. :)

You didn't write it, but it was implied.

The question is (and remotely interesting) is would Herm have gotten us ten wins last year or to the playoffs.

I think he would have probably gotten us 9 or 10 wins. He would never have changed the defense so we might have started off stronger.

Anyway, an interesting thought.

BZ

It wasn't even remotely implied.

What is that supposed to be? Some half-ass remote for your Apple IIe?

my only point is that herm is not the worst coach in the NFL. He did screw the franchise over at the very end, but i'm not going to go back on what i originall thought of him, a solid motivator who generally gets teams to the playoffs (no i didn't post it, i wasn't here at that point).

Everyone is so proud to have hated herm the whole time, or so disgraced with themselves for having liked him at all. I think that's ridiculous. We had some good times with herm, i.e. steelers game in 04. i looked forward to it all week, and was more into that game than any NFL game i had ever seen.

and damn right he made some huge errors in that game, but at least they were in the game to make those errors. how many teams would have loved to have made it that far? I didn't see the phins, or the bills in the playoffs that year, let alone taking a team with 1 loss to the brink of a first round exit.

Yes, herm is a bad coach, and yes i did like him when he was here (until 05). That doesn't make him the worst coach in the NFL.

I just wish people would stop the finger pointing (not implying you Sperm), and just accept the fact that he's gone. Although it is pretty damn funny to see what he's doin in KC, i don't think that will ever get old...

lol

I don't think at all that Mangini & absolutely no one else could have won 10 games with this team. But I do think people forget all the situations surrounding the franchise at the time that Herm ran away.

- QB#1 Pennington who was thought to never play again & due a roster bonus in March

- QB#2 Fiedler who was also on IR for the same amt of time & needed to be released for $ reasons; due a sizable roster bonus in March

- RB#2 Blaylock - coming off a broken foot & was only ever good behind the KC HOF OL

- C - Mawae - declining skills, coming off season-ending injury, malcontent, expensive

- RT - Gragg - retired

- DT - DRob - overweight & out of shape & mega-expensive & due a roster bonus in March

oh - and with those players above we were about $25M over the salary cap & still in massive need of incoming talent.

Herm THOUGHT he'd left us for dead & wanted out of here asap. Don't confuse the players who came from out of nowhere to perform well with "oh it's the same team as 2004 & earlier" - because it most certainly was not.

THis post, IMO, is the key point. Herm wouldn't have had the same team that Mangini and Tanny built, because he and Bradway wouldn't have drafted as well, or planned as well. The cap would have been a mess. They might have paid Abe, who probably would have missed alot of games, and they would have babied Pennington the whole preseason and he might not have been effective. There is no way that Herm and Bradway could have engineered that turnaround and saying it was because of an easy schedule really minimizes and fails to understand the great job Mangini did.

lol

- RT - Gragg - retired

Great post. Bottom line...Herm was all style and no substance.

eh, herm had his good points and bad. The players were usually ready for the games, committed fewer turnovers and penalties than the other guys, but the last 3 minutes of the first half and game were horribly mismanaged. He left town like a rat.

I'm not anti-herm, I just learned to see through his BS

• 1 year later...

Archived