1 member has voted

1. 1. Pro Herm or Anti Herm?

• Pro Herm
    • Anti-Herm
    • vehemently and/or rabidly anti-Herm

When Al Groh left tell me the truth..Was the name

Herman Edwards on any Jet Fans mind as a HC for the

Jets?? I was thinking Lewis or Fox all the way!! =D>

LOL, nope, not even close. Personally I was thinking ex-Raiders coach Art Shell. A Big, tough, grinder.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, one time, from the 3-time Super Bowl winning Coach. Got anything else, or are the other 30 coaches all scrubs too?

1998. On 4th and goal, trailing against Seattle, Bill Parcells calls a brilliant QB draw and completely catches the Seahawks off guard. Vinny Testeverde casually strolls into the end zone and the Jets win the game.

1998. On 4th and goal, trailing against Seattle, Bill Parcells calls a brilliant QB draw and completely catches the Seahawks off guard. Vinny Testeverde casually strolls into the end zone and the Jets win the game.

1998??!!?? What's next, examples from 64'??

Hey, how about 2004. 2004 and not Bellichek.

Is this really that hard that you guys have to REACH so hard??

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Vinny fell a foot SHORT, but the officials venerate Parcells so much that they gave us the TD. Unlike how Herm buddies up to the officials all game "Hey, Jerry, how's the family? Good? OK." Fuc*ing rube.

Troll, is that the same game where Vinny ended up on the half yard line and the Zebras gave him a touchdown?

Damn Jets always have the refs in their back pocket.

And your last line proves it: Nothing Herm does will win you over. Even a 16-0, Super Bowl season will result ina "Well, it was IN SPITE of Herm" response from you. Such pre-conceived rationalization removes any credabillity you think you might have had.

Jesus Christ dude, did you really make things THIS easy for me?

1) Mike Heimerdinger's resume:

Mike Heimerdinger was named offensive coordinator on January 19, 2005 . prior to joining the Jets he served as the offensive coordinator for the Titans. from 2000-04 . in his five seasons at the offensive controls, the Titans transformed into a wide receiver-driven offense that also controlled the game with its rushing attack ... in his five seasons all of the Titans. offensive weapons have posted career-high numbers and produced an NFL Co-MVP in QB Steve McNair ... despite losing NFL Co-MVP Steve McNair in 2004 Heimerdinger.s offense still produced a 1,000 yard rusher (Chris Brown 220-1,067-6 TD) and two 1,000 yard receivers ( Derrick Mason 96-1,168-7 TD and Drew Bennett 80-1,247-11 TD) . in 2003, the Titans scored the most points (435) since 1961, the second-highest total in franchise history . the Titans offense also posted a franchise record with six consecutive games scoring 30 or more points last season and became only the third NFL team to accomplish such a streak since 1970 (St. Louis Rams, San Diego Chargers) . in both .02 and .03 the Titans produced the first two 3,000/1,000/1,000 yard seasons in the 44-year history of the Titans. franchise with Steve McNair throwing for more than 3,000 yards, Eddie George rushing for over 1,000 yards and Derrick Mason recording 1,000 receiving yards . The past five-year period has been the most productive in terms of total yards (26,962), passing yards (17,955) and first downs (1,517) since the "run-n-shoot" years over a decade ago ... additionally, the Titans have ranked in the top five in the NFL in time of possession in each of his five seasons at the helm of the offense ... he developed QB Steve McNair into an elite NFL quarterback, being named AP Co-MVP of the League for the 2003 season ... he became the first QB in franchise history to win the award and only the second Oiler/Titan overall (Earl Campbell, 1979) ... McNair was the only NFL quarterback in 2003 to register a quarterback rating over 100 and had the highest rating in the NFL from 2001-03 (90.9) among quarterbacks with at least 40 starts (of a possible 48) . McNair produced a TD in each of his 14 starts in 2003 and in 39 of the last 41 games, including a team record stretch of 23 consecutive games with at least one TD pass, surpassing Warren Moon . in 2001, McNair was the youngest QB of five in the NFL to record a rating over 90 and throw for 20+ TD (Favre, Warner, Gannon and Garcia), becoming the first AFC Central QB to accomplish the feat since Warren Moon in 1991 . over the last five seasons WR Derrick Mason established himself as a "go to" receiver, totaling 5,506 receiving yards, 34 TD and a Pro Bowl invitation in 2003 ... he became the first WR in Titans. franchise history to record four consecutive 1,000 yard receiving seasons and posted the fourth highest yardage total for the Titans/Oilers in 2003 with 1,303 yards ... RB Eddie George surpassed the 1,500-yard rushing plateau in 2000, has scored 40 touchdowns from 2000-03 and surpassed the 10,000-yard career rushing mark in 2003 ... Heimerdinger also has overseen the development of the Titans young offensive weapons . Drew Bennett, Erron Kinney, Shad Meier, Tyrone Calico and current Jets. WR Justin McCareins - each set career-highs in 2003 ... Heimerdinger joined the Titans after five seasons coaching the WR for the two-time world champion Denver Broncos ... under his tutelage, the Denver tandem of Ed McCaffrey and Rod Smith became one of the top wide receiving duos in the NFL ... Heimerdinger came to DEN in 1995 from Duke University where he was the offensive coordinator and RB coach in 1994 ... before Duke, Heimerdinger spent five years (1989-93) as offensive coordinator at Rice University ... during his tenure, the Owls produced the school's first back-to-back winning seasons since 1960-61 ... in 1988, Heimerdinger also served as offensive coordinator at Cal-State Fullerton, where his club set the school's single-game record for most points scored with 58 . Heimerdinger began his coaching career in 1975 in the high school ranks of Illinois and earned a head coaching job at Johnsburgh High School in McHenry, Ill ... two-years later, he served as a graduate assistant coach at the University of Florida in 1980 ... he spent 1981 at Air Force and at North Texas State in 1982 before returning to Florida in 1983 ... he spent five years at Florida before moving on to Cal-State Fullerton ... a native of Dekalb, Ill. (10/13/52), Heimerdinger played WR (1970-71) and centerfield at Eastern Illinois, where he earned his degree in history in 1975 ... he also participated in the NCAA Division II College World Series in 1974 ... he later earned his Master.s in Administration from Northern Illinois ... Mike and his wife Kathie are parents of daughter, Alicia, and son, Brian.

(source: newyorkjets.com)

Donnie Henderson's resume:

Donnie Henderson was named the Jets

Was that the Game we won by Vinny's helmet?? The

ref saw the helmet cross the goal line and called

it a TD!!

When Al Groh left tell me the truth..Was the name

Herman Edwards on any Jet Fans mind as a HC for the

Jets?? I was thinking Lewis or Fox all the way!! =D>

Savage (see, it's in caps), where do you think the Jets would be today if they nabbed Fox as their HC after Groh left?

I think Fox is the 3rd best coach in the NFL (behind BB and Andy Reid).

LOL, too funny. OK, enjoy your hate of our coach. I don't have to worry, I like him AND he's our coach and nothing you whiners :cry: can do will change it.

It's hilarious....Jets fans screaming about "The Playoffs are Not Enough". What a joke. :roll:

LOL, too funny. OK, enjoy your hate of our coach. I don't have to worry, I like him AND he's our coach and nothing you whiners :cry: can do will change it.

It's hilarious....Jets fans screaming about "The Playoffs are Not Enough". What a joke. :roll:

No, they aren't enough. Just because the Jets PAST is filled with losing teams and bad memories doesn't mean we shouldn't have high expectations NOW. This is a big-market team playing in a city with a winning tradition. We deserve better than early playoff exits. Anything less than the Lombardi will not suffice.

By the way, Warfish. Any response to my last post where I sufficiently proved you wrong on all 5 counts? Thought so.

1998??!!?? What's next, examples from 64'??

Hey, how about 2004. 2004 and not Bellichek.

Is this really that hard that you guys have to REACH so hard??

I don't religiously watch the games of other teams. I'm not sitting there watching the Rams/Saints game thinking "What a brilliant coaching call by Jim Haslett. I'll have to store this one in the memory banks in case I ever get in an argument on a Jets website." I follow the Jets and to tell you the truth, I haven't seen a coaching call that has single-handedly won a game from this team in a long, long time. The last I can remember was seven years ago and it didn't even work.

The bigger question isn't how many games Herm has won with his superior coaching. It is how many games he has lost with his inferior coaching. Pittsburgh and Baltimore from last year immediately jump to mind.

I don't religiously watch the games of other teams. I'm not sitting there watching the Rams/Saints game thinking "What a brilliant coaching call by Jim Haslett. I'll have to store this one in the memory banks in case I ever get in an argument on a Jets website." I follow the Jets and to tell you the truth, I haven't seen a coaching call that has single-handedly won a game from this team in a long, long time. The last I can remember was seven years ago and it didn't even work.

The bigger question isn't how many games Herm has won with his superior coaching. It is how many games he has lost with his inferior coaching. Pittsburgh and Baltimore from last year immediately jump to mind.

BINGO.

Herm supporters have absolutely NO response that can be made to that.

Savage (see, it's in caps), where do you think the Jets would be today if they nabbed Fox as their HC after Groh left?

I think Fox is the 3rd best coach in the NFL (behind BB and Andy Reid).

Both Fox and Lewis took over 1-15 and 2-14 Teams!

Both have made major strides with their Teams,with

Fox making the Bowl in year 2! Either one IMHO

would have taken this Team to the Bowl! At this

point I agree on Fox but I think Lewis will have

the Bengals in the playoffs this year!! :wink:

No, they aren't enough. Just because the Jets PAST is filled with losing teams and bad memories doesn't mean we shouldn't have high expectations NOW. This is a big-market team playing in a city with a winning tradition. We deserve better than early playoff exits. Anything less than the Lombardi will not suffice.

By the way, Warfish. Any response to my last post where I sufficiently proved you wrong on all 5 counts? Thought so.

You proved nothing but your own opinions 80, and in fact you didn't even disprove half of what I said. Your little rant hardly proves anything at all, other than the fact is you hate Herm, hate our Coach. But please, don't let me get in the way of your online masturbation....

So 80: Today, who is your replacement for Herm? Right now, and must be available and at least theoritically willing to take on the job.

By the way, in all future arguments about coaches, I ADMIT Herm is not as good as Bellichek.

When I refer to Herm vs. Coaches, I mean the OTHER ones, not Bellichek (since it seems the only examples or alternate coaches you one-track-minders can EVER come up with is ol' Bill).

Lets mix it up, lets talk about the OTHER 30, the ones who are not 3-time Super Bowl winners, eh?

Is the Tuna out also?? :mrgreen:

BINGO.

Herm supporters have absolutely NO response that can be made to that.

Even if you support Herm you have to admit that his failure in Pittsburgh game to get us closer for a winning field goal and the Baltimore disaster as the head coach rest on his shoulders

Troll are you being serious with that Seahawks call? Vinny wasn't even close to the endzone. Walked in??? That's SINGLE HANDEDLY the reason they brought back instant replay.

Come on, man. I may be an idiot, but I'm not blind. Of course, I was joking.

You proved nothing but your own opinions 80, and in fact you didn't even disprove half of what I said. Your little rant hardly proves anything at all, other than the fact is you hate Herm, hate our Coach. But please, don't let me get in the way of your online masturbation....

So 80: Today, who is your replacement for Herm? Right now, and must be available.

I already told you. Donnie Henderson would be the top option, since he has in-house experience AND a better resume than Herm. Heimerdinger would be my replacement if we fired Herm after next season.

Ahh and Proved nothing with my last post? Heimerdinger has an absolutely STELLAR resume with the Titans. His unit was DOMINANT for 4 seasons under him. Herm never even ran an offensive of defensive unit.

Even if you support Herm you have to admit that his failure in Pittsburgh game to get us closer for a winning field goal and the Baltimore disaster as the head coach rest on his shoulders

Yet blind Herm supporters like Warfish don't think of this as a "fact", rather a "opinion".

Warfish, I'm attacking Herm for a reason. He has proven time and time again he is inadequate. I don't have any personal vendetta with the man other than he cannot coach this team to a Super Bowl.

Come on, man. I may be an idiot, but I'm not blind. Of course, I was joking.

Whew, I thought so originally and then you continued on and started to think you believed it. Should of given a smart man like you more credit, my bad.

Baltimore maybe, but there were many factors, but lets us call it 100% his fault.

Pittsburgh.. no way. The power of the internet message board hindsight is very powerful here.

BZ

Baltimore maybe, but there were many factors, but lets us call it 100% his fault.

Pittsburgh.. no way. The power of the internet message board hindsight is very powerful here.

BZ

Edwards deserves so much blame for the Pittsburgh games it's not even funny. The fact that LaMont Jordan got minimal playing time ALONE would be a reason to fault Herm.

I already told you. Donnie Henderson would be the top option, since he has in-house experience AND a better resume than Herm. Heimerdinger would be my replacement if we fired Herm after next season.

Ahh and Proved nothing with my last post? Heimerdinger has an absolutely STELLAR resume with the Titans. His unit was DOMINANT for 4 seasons under him. Herm never even ran an offensive of defensive unit.

My issue is what you call "experience". Neither Dinger nor Donny have been HEAD COACHES in the NFL. Herm has, and he has three playoff seasons on HIS resume. To me, that makes Herm's resume a little better than that of two Co's with NO Head Coaching experience. Clearly, you feel being a quality Asst-Co means more than being a winning and playoff Head-Co.

Edwards deserves so much blame for the Pittsburgh games it's not even funny. The fact that LaMont Jordan got minimal playing time ALONE would be a reason to fault Herm.

And nobody buy Herm made that decision? The running back coach? The OC?

Again, your powers of hindsight and fortune telling are powerful.

What IF Lamont had gone in and fumbled the ball? That would be Herms fault to right?

Please, with a defense like that you give it to the most sure handed RB you have.

BZ

his blunders are well documented and you wont get fight from me.

maybe there are other coaches who dont see the playoffs or just have lousy unprepared teams every year who dont make these herm type blunders. i dont know if one is worse than the other.

if you were judging a salesman at a job, and the guy

brings in considerably better than average $$$ to the company every year, you dont look at the one or two accounts he blew outright you look at his total production and you would be crazy to fire him

alls i can say is that when you judge a persons work, picking out the combined 2 minutes of a mans work over a 4 year span might not be fair.

The whole Lamont thing is off base. I remember early last season everyone over on the other board, some of which i think may be here now, were screaming to get rid of him, trade him for anything we could get. It seemed Lamont did not have his heart in it at the beginning of the season, especially on returns, and the crowd hated him. By the end of that season everyone changed opinions and Herm was an idiot for not giving him more playing time. Face it, unless we benched martin and gave jordan the starting job he was out of here.

his blunders are well documented and you wont get fight from me.

maybe there are other coaches who dont see the playoffs or just have lousy unprepared teams every year who dont make these herm type blunders. i dont know if one is worse than the other.

if you were judging a salesman at a job, and the guy

brings in considerably better than average $$$ to the company every year, you dont look at the one or two accounts he blew outright you look at his total production and you would be crazy to fire him

alls i can say is that when you judge a persons work, picking out the combined 2 minutes of a mans work over a 4 year span might not be fair.

Dickie! Nice.

But the Herm Haters don't want to give ANY credit to Herm. If he has the best start in the New York Jets history, that is someone else. If he gets his players to play 100% of the time through all sorts of ups and downs. That is someone else. If he gets you into a position to go to the big game, again someone else. Every loss is on his head and every win was because Lamont lifted his ass off the bench for ten minutes during the game.

BZ

And nobody buy Herm made that decision? The running back coach? The OC?

Again, your powers of hindsight and fortune telling are powerful.

What IF Lamont had gone in and fumbled the ball? That would be Herms fault to right?

Please, with a defense like that you give it to the most sure handed RB you have.

BZ

Dude, the buck stops with the HC. He has the right to override the other coaches and make that call.

Curtis, the most sure handed RB? The man blew it in the big games, he had 3.9 ypc and 0 TD's in the playoffs. We needed Jordan in the worst way against Pitt and Herm did not make the necesarry change. Now, Curtis, after the most demanding work load of his life, may well have very little left in the tank.

My issue is what you call "experience". Neither Dinger nor Donny have been HEAD COACHES in the NFL. Herm has, and he has three playoff seasons on HIS resume. To me, that makes Herm's resume a little better than that of two Co's with NO Head Coaching experience. Clearly, you feel being a quality Asst-Co means more than being a winning and playoff Head-Co.

In Herm's four years of "head coaching experience", why hasn't he learned to quit making the same mistakes in year four that he did in year one?

Yep, no difference whatsoever.

The final two minutes of a close NFL football game is the exact same as a salesman's final two minutes on a Friday afternoon before he hits the bar. :shock:

Archived