TomShane

Pro Herm or Anti Herm?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Pro Herm or Anti Herm?

• Pro Herm
    • Anti-Herm
    • vehemently and/or rabidly anti-Herm

Yep, no difference whatsoever.

The final two minutes of a close NFL football game is the exact same as a salesman's final two minutes on a Friday afternoon before he hits the bar. :shock:

no dickhead i meant his poorly called plaYS are combined over 4 years maybe 2 minutes of his work.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, the buck stops with the HC. He has the right to override the other coaches and make that call.

Curtis, the most sure handed RB? The man blew it in the big games, he had 3.9 ypc and 0 TD's in the playoffs. We needed Jordan in the worst way against Pitt and Herm did not make the necesarry change. Now, Curtis, after the most demanding work load of his life, may well have very little left in the tank.

So what happens when Jordan goes in and fumbles the ball? "It's Herm's fault, how do you take out the leading rusher and most reliable running back in the game (in regards to fumbling) for LaMont."

Hindsight is so awesome.

In Herm's four years of "head coaching experience", why hasn't he learned to quit making the same mistakes in year four that he did in year one?

The only mistakes are the ones you chose to talk about. He admitted to and tried to fix the clock management problem.

What else?

BZ

Curtis, the most sure handed RB? The man blew it in the big games, he had 3.9 ypc and 0 TD's in the playoffs. We needed Jordan in the worst way against Pitt and Herm did not make the necesarry change. Now, Curtis, after the most demanding work load of his life, may well have very little left in the tank.

this is exactly what im talking about aND SUMS up the her haters logic.

you take the time to bash martin instead of the rarely used fumbling bumbling jordan, and yet, MARTIN LED THE LEAGUE IN RUSHING LAST SEASON!!

In Herm's four years of "head coaching experience", why hasn't he learned to quit making the same mistakes in year four that he did in year one?

Because he is poor at time management at times (certainly not all the time, just sometimes). Like I've said...DOZENS of time....Herm HAS legitimate drawbacks and issues that need to be improved. But his positives and winning have trumped his negatives so far.

But by 80's logic (which you've chosen to defend), if Donny and Dinger are so great, and their resume so much better than Herm's, why havn't they gotton Head Coach jobs yet?? Or do you and 80 just know more than the other 31 teams in the NFL?

And nobody buy Herm made that decision? The running back coach? The OC?

Again, your powers of hindsight and fortune telling are powerful.

What IF Lamont had gone in and fumbled the ball? That would be Herms fault to right?

Please, with a defense like that you give it to the most sure handed RB you have.

BZ

That's the way to do it! The team that went 15-1. We're playing in their house. Don't try to take a chance to win the game &/or possibly catch one of the league's premiere teams off-guard. Keep handing to the guy who's getting 3 yards with no home-run threat & keep doing it over & over. We play not to lose here in Hermie's Huddle. That's the way to do it!

Herm Supporters: Admit he has issues (time management, sometimes playing not to lose, reliance on Co's) but point to his leadership and winning as signs of being a good coach. We don;t think he's the best (not even close), but we think he's good enough and gives us a chance every year.

Herm Terminators: Feel Herm has no talents whatsoever, feel he is THE worst coach in the NFL and feel that he could be replaced by a dead rotting mushroom and the Jets would still get the same results. Oh wait...I forgot....BBQ, BBQ, BBQ (insert girlish giggle-giggle here).

I don't think so Tex. I think if HErm fails with Dinger and Donny, I think he'll be fired next.

You know I was joking, right Fish? :shock:

For the sake of Jet fans, I hope that Dinger is some kind of God-like savior who can transform the Jets offense into some kind of scoring machine.

The Hackett excuses were getting real old. :wink:

You know I was joking, right Fish? :shock:

For the sake of Jet fans, I hope that Dinger is some kind of God-like savior who can transform the Jets offense into some kind of scoring machine.

The Hackett excuses were getting real old. :wink:

Reasons my friend, not excuses. Heckett sucks (guess I'm a "Hackett-Hater", eh?) :mrgreen:

Lamont Jordan has fumbled a grand total of ONE time in the past two years. He displayed a fumbling problem in 2002, and that problem had obviously been corrected. A week after he completely took the game over offensively and led us to the win over San Diego, you'd think he'd see more than a handful of carries the next week against Pittsburgh, especially with Curtis Martin not doing jack sh*t (Which is to be expected, it was the playoffs, after all).

That's the way to do it! The team that went 15-1. We're playing in their house. Don't try to take a chance to win the game &/or possibly catch one of the league's premiere teams off-guard. Keep handing to the guy who's getting 3 yards with no home-run threat & keep doing it over & over. We play not to lose here in Hermie's Huddle. That's the way to do it!

What's strange is in the Charger Game Lamont

was the one who ran the Team into field Goal Range with 50

yds on 7 Carries.But in Pitt he got only 3 carries

in Reg Time and 2 in overtime!! :roll:

Herm Terminators: Feel Herm has no talents whatsoever, feel he is THE worst coach in the NFL and feel that he could be replaced by a dead rotting mushroom and the Jets would still get the same results. Oh wait...I forgot....BBQ, BBQ, BBQ (insert girlish giggle-giggle here).

Not true. I'm sure all of us non-Hermaphrodites will readily admit that the man is a great motivator. And we will also readily admit that so was Dave McGinnis.

This is getting out of control.

EVERY coach has games where they have made decisions that cost their team games. How about Parcells calling that stupid halfback pass in Detroit? And if it wasn't for that asinine "tuck rule" call, would we be talking about Belichick like we do?

I'll grant you the fact that Herm has to take responsibility for the end results. I didn't like that stupid halfback pass in the Baltimore game, and I wish he had gone for more yards in Pittsburgh. But it's been proven that head coaches calling plays in the NFL usually doesn't work (except for Bill Walsh). And it was a 40 yard FG in Pittsburgh, one that a decent NFL kicker should make 85 percent of the time.

Be honest... how many of us would have really been on Herm's case if Chad threw an interception from the 23 yard line? I would have. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Many of you think that past history doesn't matter, but believe me, as someone who's invested 40+ years in Jets nausea, it DOES matter. Maybe you're not old enough to remember coaches like Charley Winner and Lou Holtz, but I had season tickets back then and they were right in the Rich Kotite mold. Anyone want Bruce Coslet back? Sure I want a SB win, but I sure don't want any more of the ridicule and pity that used to come with being identified as a Jet fan (and I bet that even PatsFanTX remembers that feeling from when the Pats sucked dead dogs).

Look, Herm's certainly not perfect, and there is a lot of areas he can improve on. But his players play hard for him (watch last year's Seahawks for an example of the opposite) and this is the longest period of decent football in Jets history. Now, if the same stuff happens again, I'll change sides. But right now, I'm enjoying being a Jet fan for the first time in a long time.

Sure I want a SB win, but I sure don't want any more of the ridicule and pity that used to come with being identified as a Jet fan (and I bet that even PatsFanTX remembers that feeling from when the Pats sucked dead dogs).

I know that feeling all too well NorthCoast.

I had season tickets when the Pats went 1-15 and 2-14.

Trust me, that never leaves your memory.

This is getting out of control.

EVERY coach has games where they have made decisions that cost their team games. How about Parcells calling that stupid halfback pass in Detroit? And if it wasn't for that asinine "tuck rule" call, would we be talking about Belichick like we do?

I'll grant you the fact that Herm has to take responsibility for the end results. I didn't like that stupid halfback pass in the Baltimore game, and I wish he had gone for more yards in Pittsburgh. But it's been proven that head coaches calling plays in the NFL usually doesn't work (except for Bill Walsh). And it was a 40 yard FG in Pittsburgh, one that a decent NFL kicker should make 85 percent of the time.

Be honest... how many of us would have really been on Herm's case if Chad threw an interception from the 23 yard line? I would have. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Many of you think that past history doesn't matter, but believe me, as someone who's invested 40+ years in Jets nausea, it DOES matter. Maybe you're not old enough to remember coaches like Charley Winner and Lou Holtz, but I had season tickets back then and they were right in the Rich Kotite mold. Anyone want Bruce Coslet back? Sure I want a SB win, but I sure don't want any more of the ridicule and pity that used to come with being identified as a Jet fan (and I bet that even PatsFanTX remembers that feeling from when the Pats sucked dead dogs).

Look, Herm's certainly not perfect, and there is a lot of areas he can improve on. But his players play hard for him (watch last year's Seahawks for an example of the opposite) and this is the longest period of decent football in Jets history. Now, if the same stuff happens again, I'll change sides. But right now, I'm enjoying being a Jet fan for the first time in a long time.

Your 100% correct on that and I have killed the

Tuna for that Play and another one in the same

Game involving Ray Lucas! I killed him for not

being better prepared at QB when Vinny went down

in 99 and then waiting too long to put in Lucas!

The difference is a SB Winning Coach can handle

the barbs and doesn't need the Apologists like

Hermie does..He didn't take over a 1-15 Team! He

took over a Dam Good Team! But the Hermophiles

blame everything on someone else! Hermie didn't

hire Hackett or Fat Teddy etc Well if he's too

incompetent to hire his own staff what the hell

was he doing as a HC!!

Your 100% correct on that and I have killed the

Tuna for that Play and another one in the same

Game involving Ray Lucas! I killed him for not

being better prepared at QB when Vinny went down

in 99 and then waiting too long to put in Lucas!

The difference is a SB Winning Coach can handle

the barbs and doesn't need the Apologists like

Hermie does..He didn't take over a 1-15 Team! He

took over a Dam Good Team! But the Hermophiles

blame everything on someone else! Hermie didn't

hire Hackett or Fat Teddy etc Well if he's too

incompetent to hire his own staff what the hell

was he doing as a HC!!

tell em about kotite savage, you know, your famous kotite analogy :wink:

lots of tuth in that

I agree with that also!! Thank Goodness Tuna

had the Team set up for Hermie!! Now with the

OC and DC set(Which I give Hermie credit for)

I'm enjoying it also! BTW Tuna told Woody to

hire TB amd Mike T the Cap Guru was a Tuna hire

also!! :wink:

I agree with that also!! Thank Goodness Tuna

had the Team set up for Hermie!! Now with the

OC and DC set(Which I give Hermie credit for)

I'm enjoying it also! BTW Tuna told Woody to

hire TB amd Mike T the Cap Guru was a Tuna hire

also!! :wink:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bill also suggest Herm?

tell em about kotite savage, you know, your famous kotite analogy :wink:

You mean how Kotite was a Good Coach his first 3

years with the Team Buddy Ryan left him in Philly??

Yep Old Dickie had years of 11-5,10-6 and 8-8

before Old Man Hess got him to the Jets!! Why no

love for old dickie boy?? :mrgreen:

My issue is what you call "experience". Neither Dinger nor Donny have been HEAD COACHES in the NFL. Herm has, and he has three playoff seasons on HIS resume. To me, that makes Herm's resume a little better than that of two Co's with NO Head Coaching experience. Clearly, you feel being a quality Asst-Co means more than being a winning and playoff Head-Co.

Not for nothing, and I'm suprised no one pointed this out, but what was Herm's head coaching experience when he was hired?

Head coaching experience doesn't make a great head coach.

Not for nothing, and I'm suprised no one pointed this out, but what was Herm's head coaching experience when he was hired?

Head coaching experience doesn't make a great head coach.

In the Past it was pointed out as well as he

wasn't a DC either!! He was a DB Coach which

is funny because that the Teams weakest unit! :roll:

In the Past it was pointed out as well as he

wasn't a DC either!! He was a DB Coach which

is funny because that the Teams weakest unit! :roll:

Savage, if you hit the return key half as much as you hit the !!!!!!!!!!!!!! key, your posts would be easier to read.

No charge for that little tip. :wink:

I love Herm and believe he is gonna lead us to the promised land. He will prove that when you surround yourself with self-motivated performers, you can win with a positive focus. He is stocking the team with people who buy into what he is selling and they will walk through walls for him.

Has he made some mistakes? Sure he has and I still hold him responsible for the loss against Pittsburgh, but I think he has continued to learn from his mistakes and I can't recall a better time to be a Jets fan, since their Super Bowl year.

Go ahead and flog me for being a Suzy sunshine newbie on this particular forum, but I'm in his corner.

Savage, if you hit the return key half as much as you hit the !!!!!!!!!!!!!! key, your posts would be easier to read.

No charge for that little tip. :wink:

Funny..I do it to annoy the Low life's!! And

you say it bothers you..Hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

How did that work out for Moses? 40 years in

the desert with Hermie?? How many Contract

extentions would that be? :roll:

You'll eat your hat if it happens within two years and if it doesn't happen in that span, I figure with the Jets history, we'll all be pushing up daisies before the next one comes around.

Archived