I hear Schlitz is making a comeback...

Alk

I drank a whole bunch of that stuff in my younger days. It was as good as anything else out there back in the "Stone Age": the 70s. What else did we drink? Rheingold, Ballentine, Black Label, Piels, Miller, Bud. I remember what a big deal it was when Heineken and Michelob came around. Now that was class. LOL.

I am waiting for Reingold. The dry beer ...

What the F is a dry beer?

Rheingold is available today. I remember getting a case a few years ago. Wasn't nearly as good as I remember it.

You can get it. Especially in Brooklyn. I know I had a few the last time I was in Tontonno's. I don't remember drinking Schlitz, but we loved Schmidt's in the shorties. Kind of like Red Stripe bottles. Man those were cheap.

I'm working in Troy on BB Road (If I spell it here I'll never hear the end of it)

Tue-Thur this week.

4:30pm+ would work. lemme know.

No kidding????

Dude you gotta tell everyone what BB stands for and most importantly, what exit number on I-75 is assigned to it. Do it!!

As for the beer, I think they have Pabst on tap at the Royal Inn Bar on Rochester Road, South of 14 Mile Rd. If not, you can meet me after work in Downtown Royal Oak and we can grab a PBR bottle at The Rock on 3rd, right by my station.

I'm thinking Wednesday?

I drank a whole bunch of that stuff in my younger days. It was as good as anything else out there back in the "Stone Age": the 70s. What else did we drink? Rheingold, Ballentine, Black Label, Piels, Miller, Bud. I remember what a big deal it was when Heineken and Michelob came around. Now that was class. LOL.

Molsons Golden Ale was a big deal

Molsons Golden Ale was a big deal

I didn't have that stuff until I went away to college in Potsdam, NY. That and Labatt were awesome. When I was a grad student at Penn State, I loved Rolling Rock splits after softball games at the Rat, and Yuengling. I still drink Yuengling Black & Tan most of the year. For the money--$9.99/12 in my area--Yuengling rules.

man i used to drink that stuff like crazy when i was in college in Minn. but down here in Fla i cant seem to find the stuff very many places

Really?

ABC Liquor has tons of it.My Grandmom-in-law buys it all the time. There is a bar in D-Town Orlando that has $1 cans of PBR.

I need to find some Genny cream Ale.

Genny Cream on tap was smooth.

Smooth going in. Not so smooth coming out the next day. They didn't just call them Green Screamers because of the color of the can.

We had a bar at college that sold five drafts for a buck on Thursdays. The whole campus was pretty much useless on Fridays.

Xgenesee-cream-ale.jpg

I used to get a 12 pack of Old Milwaukee for $3.75 back in the very early 80's. it was awful, but economical.

old milwaukee is the favorite amongst the local contingent. As all beer is treated as imported, it is no less expensive than heinekein or amstel or another for that matter.

I can see drinkin old m to save $$$ but when it's the same price........ wow

old milwaukee is the favorite amongst the local contingent. As all beer is treated as imported, it is no less expensive than heinekein or amstel or another for that matter.

I can see drinkin old m to save $$$ but when it's the same price........ wow

Wow.

Smooth going in. Not so smooth coming out the next day. They didn't just call them Green Screamers because of the color of the can.

We had a bar at college that sold five drafts for a buck on Thursdays. The whole campus was pretty much useless on Fridays.

Xgenesee-cream-ale.jpg

LOL. How crazy were those days? Away from home and the drinking age was 18. I went to SUNY Potsdam, which had about 2,800 students. Factor in that Clarkson was also in town, so add another 2,500 or so. No joke, every weekend in the fall, one frat or sorority would hold these 50 or 100 keg "Beer Blasts". They usually started on Saturday afternoon and went until the beer was gone, and almost every kid had puked after eating subs, pizza, all that crap. There was never any left over beer, of course. Talk about being s**t faced and useless the next day. Most of those events had Genny regular and Cream Ale, so I know first hand that you were not kidding about the squirts. How are we even alive after those days?

Archived