WHich team will have the biggest falloff in record?

C-Mart28

So, which team will have a have the biggest falloff this year in terms of record?

My vote goes to the Brownies, they had success with one of the easiest schedules in recent memories.

7 of their 10 wins came against teams that picked in the top ten of this year's draft, 8 of their 10 against teams within the top 11. Their only legit win coming against the Seahawks (along with one against the Texans, but take that as you will).

Plus they still have an awful secondary and LB corp (though their dline should be improved)

So, which team will have a have the biggest falloff this year in terms of record?

My vote goes to the Brownies, they had success with one of the easiest schedules in recent memories.

7 of their 10 wins came against teams that picked in the top ten of this year's draft, 8 of their 10 against teams within the top 11. Their only legit win coming against the Seahawks (along with one against the Texans, but take that as you will).

Plus they still have an awful secondary and LB corp (though their dline should be improved)

I think CB Eric Wright is coming into his own, safteties Sean Jones and Brodney Pool are decent, and their LB corp is above average; Wimbley, McGinest, D'Quell Jackson and Andre Davis aren't chumps.

I agree with Serphnx... the Patriots have the furthest to drop... they set the bar pretty high with that 16-0 crap.

Fall off? meaning difference from last years wins? I don'tk now what the Bears final record was, but i see them winning no more than 3 games this year. After that, the Giants for sure. 14 and 6, or 10 and 6, however you look at it, I have them missing the playoffs in that crowded of a division.

wow... i agree with serphnx... lol

the pats could very well see a 4 or 5 game drop. the jints showed everyone how to beat them and this season should see a lot of blitzing against the pats, especially by 4-3 teams. moreover, i don't see them pulling another 16-0 season. 11-5/12-4 maybe, but 16-0? no way...

wow... i agree with serphnx... lol

the pats could very well see a 4 or 5 game drop. the jints showed everyone how to beat them and this season should see a lot of blitzing against the pats, especially by 4-3 teams. moreover, i don't see them pulling another 16-0 season. 11-5/12-4 maybe, but 16-0? no way...

i honestly didn't see that much blitzing at all. The giants led the league in sacks last year, they just had the personel to do it. If someone lights a fire under gholson's but in week two, we may have decent enough personel to get into the backfield as well...but if we do it with the blitz and BB's cameras are rolling like last year, we won't have a chance.

I think CB Eric Wright is coming into his own, safteties Sean Jones and Brodney Pool are decent, and their LB corp is above average; Wimbley, McGinest, D'Quell Jackson and Andre Davis aren't chumps.

I agree with Serphnx... the Patriots have the furthest to drop... they set the bar pretty high with that 16-0 crap.

Willie has another year on him and he looked old last year, and Davis is not a typical 34 guy.

That is not a good secondary at all, and they did nothing to improve, if anything its worse since they traded Bodden away.

The Pats logic makes sense, they could go 11 and 5 and win the division and still have the biggest drop off in terms of record. The Browns though seem to think they will be good when I for doubt that they will even get above .500 this year.

I'm hopeful it'll be the clowns but fearful it'll be the Steelers if their O-line doesn't protect Ben.

Steelers are the wild card this year for that division, they had a great draft IMO but their oline wasnt great last year, and Faneca not being there will only hurt that.

I hate the Brownies myself, the fans are idiotic, thinking there team is the next great dynasty when they've had 2 winning seasons in the last 15 (still only made the playoffs once). At least thats how it is with the people i know out here

Steelers are the wild card this year for that division, they had a great draft IMO but their oline wasnt great last year, and Faneca not being there will only hurt that.

I hate the Brownies myself, the fans are idiotic, thinking there team is the next great dynasty when they've had 2 winning seasons in the last 15 (still only made the playoffs once). At least thats how it is with the people i know out here

It was really strange this year. Just about all of us Steeler fans expected OL help in 1 or 2 yet we got RB and WR. So far they look good in camp, hard to complain. But the O-line is scary.

I hear ya about clown fans. The majority of em' get over-confident and ****y if they see any progress. Just a really arrogant hateful bunch i tell ya. ;)

yo stiller how ya doin man?

Pretty good here man, how u been? Been busy as hell these days. I'm on a big hospital project that'll keep my crew there almost a year! Job security. lol

Bottom line - Pats will win the AFCE

AGAIN!!!!!

that wasn't the question, brainiac. just because they could very well win the afce AGAIN!!!!!, doesn't mean they're going 16-0 AGAIN!!!!! hell they'd be hard pressed to go 12-4, let alone 15-1 or 14-2. a 4 or 5 games is actually quite likely and furthermore, would probably be tops in terms of drop-off from the prior season. next time really read and digest the question before you respond.

I'm hopeful it'll be the clowns but fearful it'll be the Steelers if their O-line doesn't protect Ben.

That would be my guess. Their OL sucked last year (Christ, even the Jets were able to put a lot of pressure on Ben), and from 2007 to 2008 the only change in their OL personnel I can think of is replacing Alan Faneca with Darnell Stapleton.

Archived