Pennington Winning the QB Battle?

PhinHater

of course he does. ecspecially after yesterday when I read how the vets seem to be playing better with him,and they understand his play calls better than Kellens.

As long as chad doesent suck in preseason he will start.

Yup. I just want to see this team pick a QB and stick with him. Even if they let Chad play one more year here and have him mentor Clemens and then trade Chad and let Clemens take the helm next season.

I love this time of year.

\:D/

Jets are crap with Pennington.

I don't care how good he looks in meaningless practices, or how the veterans are "reacting" to him. Fine, the vets know him better... they'll get to know Clemens that well eventually.

If Chad wins we will have the usual funny but frustrating debates. And, to be honest, the Chad supporters will be correct in saying we don't have better options, because Clemens clearly is unable to take the job.

In the past, I advocated to start him because you learn best by playing, and I knew we needed another option. But at this point, he has had a full 2 years (or is it 3 now?) on the bench, so he doesn't have as much leeway. At this point he should be able to beat Chad in practices. Apparently he can not. We'll see how preseason goes, I'd prefer they swap starting units in the first 2 games so we can see, but that probably isn't going to happen and Chad will be the QB. He'll of course get injured or be completely ineffective at some point in the season. If he gets injured, that is Clemens chance. If he's just ineffective, it'll take a lot of it to open the door for Clemens at this point.

Jets are crap with Pennington.

They won't be crap with Pennington IMO, they won't win the SB but they should still be good enough to be a playoff contender. He's proven in the past that he can get teams a 10-6 record, he done it in 06 with an even worse team.

The other problem is, regardless of how bad Pennington may be, by all reports, Clemens is worse.

They won't be crap with Pennington IMO, they won't win the SB but they should still be good enough to be a playoff contender. He's proven in the past that he can get teams a 10-6 record, he done it in 06 with an even worse team.

The other problem is, regardless of how bad Pennington may be, by all reports, Clemens is worse.

Why can't we just get over it, guys? Our QB is Chad Pennington. That's it. He's not Stephon Marbury, dam, he wins playoff games.

Clemens is a backup, sorry. I just watched his BEST game last year on classic, vs. Pitt and he was average to be polite.

The real news is this revamped DEFENSE!!!! I can't wait to see them in action!

Jenkins, Harris, Revis, Rhodes.

I see the jets being the type of team that has won so many times in the past.

The Hostetler Giants, The Dilfer Ravens lol, The Doug Williams Redskins, The Rypien Redskins.

Finally we have a real 3-4. I love Vilma and think he'll be an effective LB in this league , but the moves this team made on defense were fantastic. The FO deserves a lot of credit. We will have a great defense and Pennington is more than capable of leading this offense down the field with Leon, hopefully Keller, C and C..The only weak link is T Jones, I think he's horribly overrated, but Leon is horribly underrated so it balances out.

DEFENSE is the name of this Jets team and the guy under center is named Chad Pennington, just sit back and enjoy.

Do you think Ravens fans were LOVING Trent Dilfer in 2000 before the season started?

Pennington is the ulitimate practice performer and Clemens has been throwing interceptions left and right. Who do you think is the favorite to win the job? With Chad playing with the first team today I see him starting and working with the first team against Cleveland Thursday.

Why can't we just get over it, guys? Our QB is Chad Pennington. That's it. He's not Stephon Marbury, dam, he wins playoff games.

Clemens is a backup, sorry. I just watched his BEST game last year on classic, vs. Pitt and he was average to be polite.

The Hostetler Giants, The Dilfer Ravens lol, The Doug Williams Redskins, The Rypien Redskins.

Finally we have a real 3-4. I love Vilma and think he'll be an effective LB in this league , but the moves this team made on defense were fantastic. The FO deserves a lot of credit. We will have a great defense and Pennington is more than capable of leading this offense down the field with Leon, hopefully Keller, C and C..The only weak link is T Jones, I think he's horribly overrated, but Leon is horribly underrated so it balances out.

DEFENSE is the name of this Jets team and the guy under center is named Chad Pennington, just sit back and enjoy.

Do you think Ravens fans were LOVING Trent Dilfer in 2000 before the season started?

well said... couldn't agree more....:cheers:

Pennington is the ulitimate practice performer and Clemens has been throwing interceptions left and right. Who do you think is the favorite to win the job? With Chad playing with the first team today I see him starting and working with the first team against Cleveland Thursday.

Normally, I'd be upset about Pennington winning, but really, if Clemens can't even stay close to Pennington, that's not a good sign for him. Look, the coaching staff would LOVE it for him to win, so if it's even close to a tie, they'd go Clemens... obviously, if they go Pennington, he blew Clemens away.

The Ravens loved Dilfer so much that they cut him after winning a Super Bowl. What does it say about a QB that you can only compare him favorably to a guy that got cut after winning a Super Bowl?

Come playoff time, pretty much everybody has a great defense. Playoff football is amped up defense, especially in the Super Bowl. Running lanes generally tend to become nonexistant, and pressure on the QB generally starts going off the charts. That's why it's such a big deal when you've got a QB that can perform well in the playoffs.

Before we found out they were cheaters, that's the big thing with Tom Brady. Now he's a terrible example.

Eli Manning is a great example of what a stud QB that can make all the throws can do for you. It's more likely than not going to be a tight game where you have to claw for every point on offense. If you can't score those points, you just lose. With Chad, we will manage a field goal in 5 quarters, so eventually the other team will beat us, if not earlier. That's also why we almost always lose to the Patriots. We trade FGs for their TDs, or the defense keeps it close for the first half, and then they start blowing it open in the second. Of course, again, they probably got that by cheating, so who knows.

Mangini himself publicly stated that the QB he selects can't throw interceptions. He said this when Clemens was throwing interceptions everyday.

Two years ago when Mangini said the QB job was open, from almost the first day of practice all you could get out of him was about how Chad always threw the ball to the right place. Nothing about how well Ramsey was doing. Not surprisingly, a couple of weeks later, a rumor surfaced that Mangini had already selected Chad, and a few weeks after that Chad was officially named the starter. It was pretty obvious that Mangini started leaning very hard toward Chad very early in the "open" competition.

Now Mangini is publicly saying how the Jet QB won't be throwing interceptions while Kellen throws interceptions. This can't be good for Kellen. I'm not saying Clemens is out of the running already, but there are similarities between his case and Ramsey's.

Pennington will probably get the start tommorow go one or two series and then hand it over to Clemens.

If Clemens is going to make his statement then he may very well have to do it tommorow with a really good performance.

Mangini knows what he is going to get with Pennington. Now he has to see if Clemens has improved in game situations.

If he does well then this becomes very interesting again.

Archived