THE SIMPSONS VS SOUTHPARK VS FAMILY GUY

Blackout

which show is the best?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. which show is the best?

which show is the best?? second best? 3rd best?

these are the three best animated television shows in the history of the world in my opinion.

I order them:

family guy

simpsons

southpark

IMO Southpark was funnier in it's older days (first 4 or 5 seasons) than the latter 4 or 5 seasons but it's still usually solid regardless

Simpsons went downhill after season 10 (season 11 did have a great episode with Mark MCwgire* guest appearing and the classic tomacco episode i think it was called tomacco)

family guy is yet to "peak" :cheers:

The first few seasons of South Park EASILY beat any of the seasons in the Simpsons or Family Guy, in my opinion. Lately, though, they've run out of quality stuff to do, so they're stuck basically making fun of the most recent movies and/or most popular books. When they had all their original idea it was amazing. There are some really good ones from the last few seasons, but they are nowhere near the early stuff.

The guys behind South Park are hilarious. If you haven't already, I suggest you watch Baseketball.

Although, all credit has to go to the Simpsons because they started it all. Without them there would be no Family Guy or South Park.So it is:

Simpsons

South Park

Family Guy

The Simpsons were the best back in the day but I haven't really watched the show in a couple of years.

I love South Park, but was disappointed with the 2008 season (2007's "World of Warcraft" episode was beyond funny).

I don't think there has ever been a bad Family Guy episode. The interaction between Stewie & Brian is the best.

Family Guy

South Park

Simpsons

The Simpsons just on their longevity, they have to be getting close to their 20th year on the air. That's unprecedented for a television series. South Park OTOH, jumped the shark years ago.

the last 10 years of simpsons = junk

the movie was pretty good but fam guy's movie was better

this is all coming from new york sports fans too im suprised so many votes for family guy after all the boston references.

i dont care about that stuff so much tho. its to good to not like bc of boston,new york rival

i love the episode with Peter joining the patriots

hilarious

South Park is supreme and it's not even close.

They said it best when they did the cartoon wars and poked fun at how Family Guy's jokes never have anything to do with the plot. Even though I think FG is funny it's not at SP level.

Simpsons, well it's legendary and was great for the first 7 or 8 seasons but than Conan O'Brien left the writing staff and they started have gay cameo's every week and it disintegrated into sh*t. The movie was great though, I feel it was written back in the day and they just came out with it now.

I like all three, but I find it funny that some many younger kids love Family Guy. A friend is a professor at a community college, he says he students all love Family Guy, but all of the references to old TV shows and commercials are lost on them. They don't know the Kool Aid commercial, they just think it's funny when the pitcher jumps through the wall.

1. family guy

why:

i'm an 80s child and family guy is chock full o' nostalgic references. also, i love how they push the envelope "i mean it lois, when we get home i'm gettin' anal." plus there isn't a character in the show ya can't not like. quagmire is the man. so is cleveland, peter, and joe. chris is so awkwardly cool. lois is the only milf. mr. herbert the old pervert and his dog are hilarious. brian and stewie are 2 great tastes that taste great together. mr. pewterschmitt, peter's pops, the pope, death, spider-man ("everybody gets one."), etc. hell, even meg, who everyone hates on, is awesome if only because the cruelty is just that silly.

2. south park

why:

it's fallen off recently, but it's been more socially relevant than either of the other 2 have been and that's important. it's pure genius that animated children spew the biting, insightful truths we laugh at. because we perceive them as children, we excuse their outlandish behavior and harsh words as evidence of immaturity and a jest for an adult audience. but the bug stays with you and you unwittingly absorb some sort of social observation. you can't have the parents on the show saying any of this stuff because then it's more of this condescending thing and not so much, "hmm... that kid knows some sh!t..." the boondocks kinda does this and is very socially relevant also, but the kids aren't only there to speak truths, they represent the array of personas within the black community, but i digress...

3. the simpsons

why:

this show just has not been good in some time. there are characters that i actually have come to dislike and some i've never really appreciated. they're definitely not doing demented as well as they used to and the catch-phrases only give the, "i've seen this one already" feeling to a first run.

that's my list, but let's revisit this when all three of these shows have been shutdown and maybe gauge it by most cumulative, "successful" seasons/shows...?

I like all three, but I find it funny that some many younger kids love Family Guy. A friend is a professor at a community college, he says he students all love Family Guy, but all of the references to old TV shows and commercials are lost on them. They don't know the Kool Aid commercial, they just think it's funny when the pitcher jumps through the wall.

i remember the koolaid man

It's a toss up for me.

The Simpsons in the mid nineties was one of the funniest shows ever week in and week out, now its just a dead show walking. Regardless, though few years where it was great justify its lack of inspiration as of late

South Park is brilliant. Plain and simple. Even though they have been relying too mauch on pop culture references as of late, its still the best written show week in and week out.

Then there is Family Guy, I've been watching it for years, and even though it tends to kill a few jokes by making them go on way too long, it still has just as many laugh out loud moments as the others.

The Simpsons in its prime was easily the best of the three. Too bad it hasnt been good since like 97. Although the movie was pretty good.

South Parks first few seasons were great- the movie was hysterical as well.

Never got into Family Guy.

For best now:

Family Guy

South Park

Simpsons

For best ever:

Simpsons

South Park

Family Guy

For 1st 6 seasons:

South Park

Simpsons

Family Guy

Family Guy isnt that strong of a show. Its not well written, and the only thing that gets the show to be good is the jokes that have nothing to do with the story. Sure it uses crude comments or acts, but in all its not a very good show. Compared to other shows on TV today, it ranks up high, but thats because TV shows suck these days.

Simpsons have fallen off the map. They were real good for a long time, but eventually the fans keep expecting more when more cant be found. If the show was another animated show, it would be doing well. Since its the Simpsons, it cant measure up to what it was. Its not a terrible show, it just can never be again what it once was.

South Park- An amazing show. What they were able to do with their show is unbelieveable. I am a much bigger fan of the Simpsons than I am of South Park, but South Park has put out many outstanding episodes. Have they fallen off too? Yep. They all do.

Archived