800 pot plants seized by police

Blackout

Authorities Tuesday seized about 800 marijuana plants that were growing inside a house in the San Gabriel Valley foothills city of Bradbury and took two men into custody.

Detectives went to the 1900 block of Royal Oaks Drive about 10 a.m. and arrested Charles Smith, 42, and Laurence Poor, 47, who were booked on suspicion of cultivation of marijuana, said sheriff's Capt. Richard Shaw.

The two were apparently living in the house, which is located on a 12-acre parcel in an isolated location, Shaw said.

Click here to find out more!

He said he was hesitant to estimate the street value of the plants. But he noted that 300 of them were nearly mature, and the others were young plants.

Bradbury, he said, was not a likely place for such an operation.

"It's an affluent gated community in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains with no businesses," the captain said.

____

dudes just had cancer and wanted to treat it

I am not a fan of pot being illegal, but I do have a friend who was hospitalized because his chest and lungs were shot from pot smoking. He is 38. I think it should be legal, but don't tell me it is harmless.

if he smoked joints and blunts, he's inhaling paper and tobacco leaves

not just pot

but yes it will weaken your lungs sure

Smoke all the reefer you want people...... based upon what I've seen, it will make you immediately eligible for 535 positions within the United States Congress, as they too, have lost complete touch with reality.

not to mention 1/3 of your police counterparts

Smoke all the reefer you want people...... based upon what I've seen, it will make you immediately eligible for 535 positions within the United States Congress, as they too, have lost complete touch with reality.

And, once you graduate to cocaine, you can be president!

this is just like prohibition era usa, except marijuana isn't a drug. drugs go through a man-made process, kind of like how alcohol is distilled or how pills are synthesized powders mixed and pressed. weed goes through the natural process of put the seed in the dirt and give it light and water.

the government is reluctant to decriminalize maryjane because it's a pacifier. for a country predicated on capitalism and a willingness to bully its way around the globe, having citizens intent on non-violent, non-profit resolutions to conflicts domestic or otherwise would be counter-productive at best. the sad thing is, even if they did regulate marijuana sales, the taxes would probably go to the military and not education or healthcare where it really belongs. in amsterdam, where weed has been decriminalized, every citizen is provided with free health insurance by the government, paid for by the taxes garnered from marijuana sales.

I don't want something EVER controlling my mind/thought process like that. I honestly don't see the differences between something natural and artificial. All that matters is what effect it has on you.

The citizens of the US wouldn't be intent on non-profit, non-violent resolutions, they would be intent on getting more marijuana. I don't know too much about Amsterdam, but free health insurance doesn't mean a thing to me if it isn't a quality health insurance policy. I'll have to look that much up.

Reminds me of freaken soma. +rep to whoever gets the reference. :)

I don't want something EVER controlling my mind/thought process like that. I honestly don't see the differences between something natural and artificial. All that matters is what effect it has on you.

The citizens of the US wouldn't be intent on non-profit, non-violent resolutions, they would be intent on getting more marijuana. I don't know too much about Amsterdam, but free health insurance doesn't mean a thing to me if it isn't a quality health insurance policy. I'll have to look that much up.

Reminds me of freaken soma. +rep to whoever gets the reference. :)

first of all, if marijuana was a mind-controlling agent, the us government would be all over it and only too eager to provide it to its citizens. secondly, marijuana is not like cocaine or crack or heroin, there is no incessant craving or withdrawal when you're not high. pot-heads dread not having any weed, but it's not the end of the world nor grounds for robbery if they do not have it. because thc breaks down into a fat, it does not chemically alter receptors in the brain (like cocaine, crack, and heroin). moreover, if you look at the bohemian, hippy movement of the 60s-70s a lot of their social protests were for peace and love, man. the schaffer commission, appointed by nixon and conducted in 1972, found no ill long-term effects from marijuana use and determined that the continued criminalization of the plant was more detrimental to society than regulation. "nixon rejected the recommendation, but over the course of the 1970s, eleven states decriminalized marijuana and most others reduced their penalties." (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/dope/etc/cron.html).

regardless, there's a lot of history behind it all, but if you haven't ever smoked weed or you're too closed-minded to empathize as you sit there chugging your beer, you're most likely not going to put forth the effort of trying to understand the parallels. btw, amsterdam has full coverage healthcare for free. so, even if you're an hiv positive heroin junkie, you're receiving methadone and hiv meds on the cuff, but see it only works over there because their government isn't stacked with a slew of warmongers.

Archived