So what would you do??

haggis

I'm with the in-laws this weekend and it just so happens to coincide with an annual golf tourney I play in on Sunday. So my question to the JN faithful is: would it be wrong for me to split early to go drinking with the boys and golf with money I don't have? I mean, I'd be there Friday night thru Sunday morn. I'd just be missing the boat ride and family get together on the Sunday.

Problem is this, though: if I do go, chances are the wife will not be too happy (even though she has said I should go), and so this may ruin next weekend's nonsense of wiffleball, football draft and ale of which she knows nothing about as of yet.

I'm with the in-laws this weekend and it just so happens to coincide with an annual golf tourney I play in on Sunday. So my question to the JN faithful is: would it be wrong for me to split early to go drinking with the boys and golf with money I don't have? I mean, I'd be there Friday night thru Sunday morn. I'd just be missing the boat ride and family get together on the Sunday.

Problem is this, though: if I do go, chances are the wife will not be too happy (even though she has said I should go), and so this may ruin next weekend's nonsense of wiffleball, football draft and ale of which she knows nothing about as of yet.

That's a tough call man. I have two similar weekends every year but my wife understands and it is never an issue. I guess the key phrase is she said she thinks you should go. Do it and if she acts all pi$$ed afterwards call her on it. Worse comes to worse have a legal document made up and both of you sign it. :lol:

well, if you do decide to go golfing i suggest asking the wifey if you could please also have your testicles for the day as well.

lol, sorry dude.

well, if you do decide to go golfing i suggest asking the wifey if you could please also have your testicles for the day as well.

lol, sorry dude.

ya know, in thinking about this, i have a question for all you married guys, and married women as well. I have some married friends, and the guys always have this attitude, like it is some huge frickin deal to ask to spend a little time on your own for stuff like golfing or fantasy football drafts or even getting together for a game. Let me ask you this, do you think your wives agonize over asking or telling you they are making plans with their girlfriends?? It seems to me that whenever the wife wants to cut out for a night or a day that the husbands are totally fine with this, but god forbid the guy wants some me time.

Now, i could be wrong as i am not married, but it just seems like this is the case.

ya know, in thinking about this, i have a question for all you married guys, and married women as well. I have some married friends, and the guys always have this attitude, like it is some huge frickin deal to ask to spend a little time on your own for stuff like golfing or fantasy football drafts or even getting together for a game. Let me ask you this, do you think your wives agonize over asking or telling you they are making plans with their girlfriends?? It seems to me that whenever the wife wants to cut out for a night or a day that the husbands are totally fine with this, but god forbid the guy wants some me time.

Now, i could be wrong as i am not married, but it just seems like this is the case.

nail on head

but since i have 135 rds of golf so far, i think my wifey has been pretty

good about it.

nail on head

but since i have 135 rds of golf so far, i think my wifey has been pretty

good about it.

before you go patting yourself on the back afo, the simple fact is we've finally wore them down and our kids have grown. makes a huge difference. could you play this much golf 15 yrs ago? I didn't think so ;)

before you go patting yourself on the back afo, the simple fact is we've finally wore them down and our kids have grown. makes a huge difference. could you play this much golf 15 yrs ago? I didn't think so ;)

HAHA POTW

That's the fact jack!!!!!

HAHA POTW

That's the fact jack!!!!!

& thats why we're still married & glad we are ;). the ones who felt golf was that high on their priority list when kids were young are enjoying alimony, not marriage.

SJ's lucky, he could still go antiqueing all he wanted back then :mrgreen:

I don't know. I never have a problem if my husband wants to go somewhere w/o me.

I love the time alone, personally. I don't have to cook dinner or be bothered with the Sci Fi Channel.

Haggis.. if it were my inlaws, I'd be SO out of there regardless of any heat from my s.o.

But then again, I can't stand my inlaws and my husband knows this.

& thats why we're still married & glad we are ;). the ones who felt golf was that high on their priority list when kids were young are enjoying alimony, not marriage.

SJ's lucky, he could still go antiqueing all he wanted back then :mrgreen:

nope,,we didnt have time for movies/golf or antiques raising 3 kids,,,carpools, coaching, homework, scouts etc etc etc....

I don't know. I never have a problem if my husband wants to go somewhere w/o me.

I love the time alone, personally. I don't have to cook dinner or be bothered with the Sci Fi Channel.

Haggis.. if it were my inlaws, I'd be SO out of there regardless of any heat from my s.o.

But then again, I can't stand my inlaws and my husband knows this.

you cook too!!!!!!

winner winner chicken dinner

Going out and doing things has never been that big of an issue. It's the whole buying what I want thing but I've adjusted. When I was single I pretty much lived paycheck to paycheck. If I had $20 left on Thursday by god I was going to go buy something. Now I have to apply for a loan to go buy a video game. :lol:

Archived