2009 ROTATION

Blackout

CC is probably drooling over the amount of money being cleared by the Yankees right now. I expect the Sox to make a play for him, or Sheets as well, as the Sox will lose Manny's money and Schilling's money as well, even though the Sox have a lot of starters as of right now, but wouldn't be surprised to see them package a couple of young pitchers for a big time hitter.

CC is probably drooling over the amount of money being cleared by the Yankees right now. I expect the Sox to make a play for him, or Sheets as well, as the Sox will lose Manny's money and Schilling's money as well, even though the Sox have a lot of starters as of right now, but wouldn't be surprised to see them package a couple of young pitchers for a big time hitter.

brewers will resign atleast one of them sheets or sabathia

I would be shocked it CC isn't wearing pinstripes next year. that being said, I hope he lives up to the money he will be handed. A lot of these guys get paid and then take a crap.

We should be able to give incentive bonuses. like if he finishes the season top ten in era he gets 500k, if he finishes with 20+ wins he gets 500k a cool mill for a cy young. I think most contracts should be like that... pay a player more based on good performance.

Hopefully it's:

1) Sabathia

2) Wang

3) Joba

4) Moose

5) Hughes

I wouldn't mind getting Ben Sheets but as injury proned as he is, he is way too big of a risk to sign for multiple years in my opinion. I'm all for bringing Moose back to solidify a rotation spot, Pettitte will probably want $16M for one year again & he is not worth that much for 1 season. Moose has reinvented himself & will probably outperform Pettitte at this stage of their careers plus hopefully he'll come cheaper.

Cashman has to bring someone in because just handing rotation spots to Kennedy &/or Hughes with no backup plan is what landed us in the Ponson/Giese/Rasner mess this year.

I would keep Andy and Moose for the RIGHT price. They will be valuable. These ****tard kids will get injured and these guys have proven this year to still have gas left in the tank.

I've only seen a few posts of yours regarding the prospects so I'm curious...why the hostility towards them?

He still has the potential to be a very good pitcher, if not an ace. Coming into this year he was still more highly regarded than Chamberlain and one bad month doesn't change that.

I know he has great stuff. I just like tweaking all the Yankee fans who had him in the HOF before he even threw a pitch in the majors.

I would be shocked it CC isn't wearing pinstripes next year. that being said, I hope he lives up to the money he will be handed. A lot of these guys get paid and then take a crap.

I don't see any way that Sabathia does not go to teh Yankees. teh Yankees need a horse that can ensure them innings.

That said, teh Brewers just may pitch Sabathia's arm out of its socket, as they are literally treating him like the rented mule that he is, and getting him 120+ pitch counts the majority of his games.

I don't see any way that Sabathia does not go to teh Yankees. teh Yankees need a horse that can ensure them innings.

That said, teh Brewers just may pitch Sabathia's arm out of its socket, as they are literally treating him like the rented mule that he is, and getting him 120+ pitch counts the majority of his games.

Supposedly he loves the West Coast and he's building a home there as I type. However, money talks, and I don't see any way the Yankees don't make a huge run at him with all the money they have to spend and the need for someone like him.

I never wanted Julio Lugo on the Sox.

The ballwashing of Hughes on this site was laughable.

Hughes is gonna be very good for the yankees. a couple of set backs at 22 does not a career make. IF this guy has the balls to come back from these set backs he has what it takes to be a very good pitcher, especially when he only has to be the #4 guy. Assuming we get CC or another ace type pitcher.

Archived