Welcome to All New Wisconsin-Based Jet Fans!

I believe you. I just posted here a few moments ago, and people were amazingly kind.

My family and I just converted... we're now Jet's fans.

Okay...

One piece of advice: Never get your hopes up...The JETS are notorious for crushing them.

It's amazing how we keep our fanbase after all the heartbreaks etc, etc... It can feel more like an addiction then entertainment at some points.

Anyway, welcome aboard letters4brett, enjoy the site, and enjoy the team!

Hi everyone!

I've been a Packers fan for 20 years. Brett Favre has started every game since I was ten years old. My heart is broken tonight as the eternal optimist in me always hoped that he and the Packers would find a way to salvage their relationship. I moved from Michigan to Wisconsin prior to last football season (not specifically because of the Packers, but it was a nice perk) and I'm disappointed that I won't be able to watch Brett play every game.

That said, while I'm still going to be a die-hard Packers fan, I'm now a fan of the New York Jets as well. I haven't quite wrapped my head around that. But believe me when I say that the NYJ results will be just as important to me as the Packers results, and I'll be cheering just as loudly for the Jets as I do for the Packers (maybe even moreso until I stop being as hacked off as I am right now).

I look forward to "meeting" and interacting with you all. I suspect that the Jets will end up having a special place in my heart even after Favre retires. I look forward to booing "our" first round draft picks in the future. ;) I'm one of those people that uses the word "we" when referring to my favorite teams. It doesn't quite feel right yet. But it'll come I'm sure.

I did live in the same dorm at Michigan as David Harris. I'm excited to get to root for him. Also, I'm from Louisville originally so I've always liked the Cardinals, so I'm happy to see Kerry Rhodes on the roster. He's panned out pretty well, hasn't he?

Anyway, aside from "expect heartbreak" what do I need to know to be a good Jets fan? And more importantly, how's the team look this year?! I can't claim to know a lot about you guys.

I hope you all come to love Brett Favre even a fraction of the amount that I do...

Edited by PackerJetFan
  • Upvote 2
Hi everyone!

I've been a Packers fan for 20 years. Brett Favre has started every game since I was ten years old. My heart is broken tonight as the eternal optimist in me always hoped that he and the Packers would find a way to salvage their relationship. I moved from Michigan to Wisconsin prior to last football season (not specifically because of the Packers, but it was a nice perk) and I'm disappointed that I won't be able to watch Brett play every game.

That said, while I'm still going to be a die-hard Packers fan, I'm now a fan of the New York Jets as well. I haven't quite wrapped my head around that. But believe me when I say that the NYJ results will be just as important to me as the Packers results, and I'll be cheering just as loudly for the Jets as I do for the Packers (maybe even moreso until I stop being as hacked off as I am right now).

I look forward to "meeting" and interacting with you all. I suspect that the Jets will end up having a special place in my heart even after Favre retires. I look forward to booing "our" first round draft picks in the future. ;) I'm one of those people that uses the word "we" when referring to my favorite teams. It doesn't quite feel right yet. But it'll come I'm sure.

I did live in the same dorm at Michigan as David Harris. I'm excited to get to root for him. Also, I'm from Louisville originally so I've always liked the Cardinals, so I'm happy to see Kerry Rhodes on the roster. He's panned out pretty well, hasn't he?

Anyway, aside from "expect heartbreak" what do I need to know to be a good Jets fan? And more importantly, how's the team look this year?! I can't claim to know a lot about you guys.

I hope you all come to love Brett Favre even a fraction of the amount that I do...

Welcome aboard fella! Your more than welcome.

Hi everyone!

WELCOME PACKERJET! Make yourself comfy!

I believe you. I just posted here a few moments ago, and people were amazingly kind.

My family and I just converted... we're now Jet's fans.

greetings to you and yours, letters!

Hi everyone!

welcome to jet nation, pjf.

i haven't been a favre proponent, but i have acknowledged his greatness. my only concern was/is his ability to learn a new playbook after being in pretty much one system for his entire career (well... not anymore). seeing as how the deal got done (is it official? think the deal is just pending league approval, which is just a technicality), i'm looking for him to really engage the challenge of learning a new O and making one last great, hollywood biopic run for a ring. however, unlike everyone else, i'm grounded enough to not expect all of that this season. actually, if reports of the deal are true, i kind of hope we don't make the playoffs.

as for you questions:

1. kerry rhodes has deserved to go to the probowl the past 2 seasons. he's a monster.

2. you'll pick it up as you go and everyone here will always be willing to provide any information you require. we love our jets. you'll see...

3. the team doesn't look bad at all and could/should surprise a few people. but contrary to what most here will have you believe, we are not a legendary QB away from a championship. the D is much improved after the FO added personnel that fit the scheme, however it might still be another year before it's something special. the O-line, which was porous last season and predominantly responsible for the offensive un-production, has been revamped and is said to look quite solid. with 4 former 1st rounders, it should be one of the better lines in the league. so, in short the team is definitely moving in the right direction. the addition of favre does add a ton of relevance to our offense, so let's just hope everyone can gel and capitalize.

post-3253-12804639771215_thumb.jpg

welcome to jet nation, pjf.

i haven't been a favre proponent, but i have acknowledged his greatness. my only concern was/is his ability to learn a new playbook after being in pretty much one system for his entire career (well... not anymore). seeing as how the deal got done (is it official? think the deal is just pending league approval, which is just a technicality), i'm looking for him to really engage the challenge of learning a new O and making one last great, hollywood biopic run for a ring. however, unlike everyone else, i'm grounded enough to not expect all of that this season. actually, if reports of the deal are true, i kind of hope we don't make the playoffs.

Honestly, I'd give up my first-rounder every single season if it would mean a trip to the Super Bowl! Barring an early-season injury, Green Bay is pretty much guaranteed at least the third rounder (50% of the snaps). Going from giving up a 3rd rounder to a 2nd rounder for having the Jets make the playoffs would be worth it right? That's like the equivalent of giving up an extra mid-third round pick. Not so bad, IMO.

1. kerry rhodes has deserved to go to the probowl the past 2 seasons. he's a monster.
Excellent! I was really hoping GB would pick him when he was coming out of school. I always liked that kid.

3. the team doesn't look bad at all and could/should surprise a few people. but contrary to what most here will have you believe, we are not a legendary QB away from a championship. the D is much improved after the FO added personnel that fit the scheme, however it might still be another year before it's something special. the O-line, which was porous last season and predominantly responsible for the offensive un-production, has been revamped and is said to look quite solid. with 4 former 1st rounders, it should be one of the better lines in the league. so, in short the team is definitely moving in the right direction. the addition of favre does add a ton of relevance to our offense, so let's just hope everyone can gel and capitalize.
Stranger things have happened, though, right? With a revamped OL, some added weapons offensively (Favre & the rookie TE), and some monsters on defense (Can't wait to see Dave Harris play 16 games!) the Jets should at least be in the mix. I just had a peek at the schedule...doesn't really look bad at all, IMO.

Edit: Also, thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

i feel like i'm going to be thrown to the wayside. no more wisconsin fans!!! :lol:

In fairness we were trying to get rid of you anyhow. This just sped up the process a bit.

:rl: