Favre and our offense....

Columbia Jet Fan

How do you guys think Favre will handle our very structured, very complex offense in such a short time?

Now I am sure Brett Favre has a great football IQ, but I have always thought of him as a gunslinger. I think of our offense and think of all of our LOS adjustments, and read based audibles, do you think he will have enough time to really learn it to be effective against, say the Pats in week 2? I mean I'm not worried about the 3 preseason games he will play or the game against the college team we play in week 1, but he better have this O down by the time the Pats come to town. I always thought that was Pennington's greatest asset, his mind, he was basically an extension of Mangini out on the field. Can Favre gel in w/ this structured offense when I thnk of him as more of an improv style player? Lets hope...

I just want him to play in the offense, not go out there and be the 'gunslinger' he was in GB. No room for that mess in the AFC east. We MUST have a running game, Favre is great when it comes to playaction. Also hopefully he respects the young coaches we have here and not do his own thing, he's known for doing that garbage and costing his team big time.

I dont know, does Schotty scale down the offense? Chad's playbook is out does he create a new offense based on Favre's ability?

Does Brett have enough time to develop chemistry with the receivers?

and most of all IMO

Can he get into game shape in time for the season opener. He hasnt taken a snap or a hit .

He needs to learn offense and develop chemistry in about a month. Can the iron man do it?

Or does Clemens start the season?

I dont know, does Schotty scale down the offense? Chad's playbook is out does he create a new offense based on Favre's ability?

Does Brett have enough time to develop chemistry with the receivers?

and most of all IMO

Can he get into game shape in time for the season opener. He hasnt taken a snap or a hit .

He needs to learn offense and develop chemistry in about a month. Can the iron man do it?

Or does Clemens start the season?

I think reworking the whole offense is pretty ambitious at this point/impossible...that would mean the whole team would have to relearn everything...

I think reworking the whole offense is pretty ambitious at this point/impossible...that would mean the whole team would have to relearn everything...

Maybe, but I'm sure they will have designed plays based on his throwing ability which in turn the entire offense has to learn. I would assume there were plays designed for Kellen based on his arm strenth that may apply to Brett.

I dont want to go into this season week 1 and 2 with a scaled down offense, that would hurt us.

I love having Brett here but can he get into game shape and learn the offense and develop chemistry in a month? I mean he hasnt taken a snap yet or a hit.

Im not entirely sold on Brett being the started week 1. I hope im wrong.

I wonder the same thing. The improv thing actually works in Favre's favor. The offense is structured to change plays at the line and run some no-huddle. That should work into the hands of somebody that likes to improv. Look at the D and change the play to hammer it. Will it work? No ****ing idea, but it should be fun to watch.

Archived