Chad trade vs release

i remember shea

Question: Why wouldn't we try to trade Chad rather than outright release him? If teams are considering him, wouldn't they rather trade for him rather than take a chance that another team would get him once he is released? Does it have anything to do with salary structure?

I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

im sure trade is what the office is thinking. Why give up on chad? He may not be an amazing QB but he is a good QB and alot better and experienced than some other QBs out there. I doubt they will outright release him cause they dont want him going to anyone in the AFC East. Hell i doubt they want him going to anyone in the AFC.

HOF QB goes to the Jets for a conditional 4th.

Chad's value is this:

Chad for a conditional 7th.

If he plays for 25% of the plays, a 6th

If he plays for 50% of the plays, a 5th

If he plays for 75% of the plays, a 4th

If he plays the whole season, uninjured, a 3rd

:rl:

Chad's value is this:

that sounds good to me...

Probably because no team in their right mind is going to trade for him when he'll be released in a half hour. They can give up a draft pick plus pay his ridiculous salary or they could start over fresh and sign him to a friendlier contract.

Chad's value is this:

Probably because no team in their right mind is going to trade for him when he'll be released in a half hour. They can give up a draft pick plus pay his ridiculous salary or they could start over fresh and sign him to a friendlier contract.

That is true. But on the flip side if anyone wants to get his rights before say Miami does then it would be worth a flier. OTOH Chad could refuse to go to where he is traded to.

yeah, i know he isnt going to command too much interest....but let's just say there are 2 or 3 teams moderately interested in him (as a starter or backup)....wouldn't they try to get him via a "cheap" trade rather than risk losing him to another team?

and how is his salary playing into this? if the jets cut him, then do they owe him anything? if they owe him something anywway, then why not try to trade him, even if it is for peanuts in return?

yeah, i know he isnt going to command too much interest....but let's just say there are 2 or 3 teams moderately interested in him (as a starter or backup)....wouldn't they try to get him via a "cheap" trade rather than risk losing him to another team?

and how is his salary playing into this? if the jets cut him, then do they owe him anything? if they owe him something anywway, then why not try to trade him, even if it is for peanuts in return?

The Jets backs are against the wall right now since they need to move fast in order to get under the cap.

The problem is, if a team trades for him, they inherit his contract that he never lived up to due to injury or otherwise. I can't imagine any team thinking he's worth the kind of money that he's being paid right now.

Question: Why wouldn't we try to trade Chad rather than outright release him? If teams are considering him, wouldn't they rather trade for him rather than take a chance that another team would get him once he is released? Does it have anything to do with salary structure?

I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

BC he is slated to make a lot more than he is worth under his current contract. So teams will simply wait on him getting cut and sign him to a realistic contract.

I cant help but feel a pang of sadness about Chad's imminent release.

*pours out some liquor*

The J-E-T-S need to trade him to Minny.

Chad pennington>Tavaris Jackson...just not as mobile.

Archived