Pennington Swims With The Fish: MERGED

Fin Fan In Cali

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just feels way too weird. Rooting against Chad Pennington is going to be a hard thing for most Jets fans. Not only can we not root for him when he plays our team but we cannot root for him EVER as he is a Miami Dolphin, the enemy. To some, the biggest Jet enemy and to others the second biggest Jet enemy. Incredible how three days ago Favre was thought to be a Buc, Pennington a Jet and McCown a Dolphin.

Now?

Favre a Jet.

Penny a Dolphin.

McCown to be cut.

Increbible.

Brett the Jet vs Chad Pennington in a Miami uniform on Opening Day.

Bittersweet.

This just feels way too weird. Rooting against Chad Pennington is going to be a hard thing for most Jets fans

The entire stadium cheered when he went down with injury last yr because they all wanted to see Kellen Clemens. I'm pretty sure minus a couple whack-o's who like chad for all the wrong reasons....there won't be much of a problem rooting for him to fail.

Heck even if guys just wish for him to play the same exact way.... technically they are still rooting for him to fail..:rl:

Good post. Yeah, I think many of us felt that way. You want to like the guy, but you're still fans that want your team to win. I was in shock that Jet management planned to give him the starting job again this year. What were they thinking?

They weren't thinking that at all.

They wanted Clemens to beat him out, making it a non-factor. This was their plan:

We want it to be an open competition between Clemens and Pennington, as long as Pennington doesn't win said competition.

If Clemens did anything other than suck through minicamp & training camp, there would be no Brett Favre on the Jets.

Why would Penny want to face belli and Mangini 4X per year

Lots of pick six's

He wil get boo'd now when he comes to NY

Are you kidding me? They treated him like a piece of crap after being one of the classiest hardest working players ever.

Good for him. I'm disgusted. We'll see how much he sucks when he's playing on the other team, which is why the dolphins grabbed him in a NY minute!

Favre a washed up jacka$$, who doesn't know what he wants.

I think Chad will take care of this on his own. How many more years could I/we take looking at Chad throw a pass like he was heaving a loaf of bread into a waiting shopping cart?

Thats a good description of Penny's shovel pass Borgo - the motion in his "regular" passes looks more like a female on her tippy toes lighting a candle.

gotta tell ya, I've always thought that Pennington had a canon for an arm. The ball seems as if it's floating but he just makes it look effortless. He's smart and he's tough. Without question one of the elite QB's in the league. And he chpose to go to a true winner.

Remember the old silly threads on Jetsinsider???? Penninton vs Brady??? Well, I hold true to my guns...I'll take Pennington. YESSS!!!!!

To the SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!!!

Thats a good description of Penny's shovel pass Borgo - the motion in his "regular" passes looks more like a female on her tippy toes lighting a candle.

he looks very professional warming up on the sidelines or throwing in TC...when it gets to around mid-October that slow pitch softball starts costing important games that we could no longer afford

gotta tell ya, I've always thought that Pennington had a canon for an arm. The ball seems as if it's floating but he just makes it look effortless. He's smart and he's tough. Without question one of the elite QB's in the league. And he chpose to go to a true winner.

Remember the old silly threads on Jetsinsider???? Penninton vs Brady??? Well, I hold true to my guns...I'll take Pennington. YESSS!!!!!

puzzled_by_smashinggirl.jpg

get help...

This guy has 0 knowledge of professional football.He is nothing more than a rebel rouser,**** stirrer and trouble maker. This is a NYJETS site yet he chooses to lurk here like a troll and post ridiculous bull****.

IT MUST REALLY SUCK TO BE HIM!

Are you kidding me? They treated him like a piece of crap after being one of the classiest hardest working players ever.

Good for him. I'm disgusted. We'll see how much he sucks when he's playing on the other team, which is why the dolphins grabbed him in a NY minute!

Favre a washed up jacka$$, who doesn't know what he wants.

For what he's accomplished, Pennington was arguably treated better than any QB in the league. For the better part of a decade he was never asked to beat out any worthwhile QB, and we kept trotting his loser ass out there as though a team could never ask for better.

The whole country would have understood if we released him after the 2004 season. Not only did we keep him, but made the ridiculous offer that we'd pay him $9M for the season if he started 10 football games. The alternative would be to have dropped him into FA and let him find a job for 1/5th that amount while he rehabbed.

He was treated damn good by the Jets, whose only fault in this matter seems to be that they wanted a better QB than Chad Pennington.

But your interests are with the Jets, not Chad Pennington, of course.

This guy has 0 knowledge of professional football.He is nothing more than a rebel rouser,**** stirrer and trouble maker. This is a NYJETS site yet he chooses to lurk here like a troll and post ridiculous bull****.

IT MUST REALLY SUCK TO BE HIM!

You're an idiot. That was such a stupid post. So my life must suck because I'm a Fin fan on a Jets board.......ROFLMAO!!!And I must say, it's pretty damn good to be me right now. Pretty damn good.

You're an idiot. That was such a stupid post. So my life must suck because I'm a Fin fan on a Jets board.......ROFLMAO!!!And I must say, it's pretty damn good to be me right now. Pretty damn good.

Chad is a major upgrade over any scrub you had at QB on your roster anyway.

However the lack of reliable talent on the Dolphins roster and the ? on the oline makes chad a sitting duck in miami. I wished he would have gotten picked up by a much better team such as minnesota where he can have a shot at least of playoffs.

you guys are amazing...

people spent all this time bashing chad.. he works really hard .. and then he is let go at 11:30 in cleveland the night before the game.

parcells comes by and offers him a job.. what is he suppose to say.. nope ..i will take my chances with other teams and hope they offer me a job.. because i dont want to play for the phins? how people expect him to have loyalty when they threw him away and booed him constantly. especially when he got injured last year.

he restructured his contract... he took a back seat to KC last year ( who was HORRID) When they offered him that big contract.. was he suppose to say.. no please give me less because my arm isnt great???

he was a real team player who was smart and thoughtful.. he wasnt a whiney cry baby.

honest to betsy.. you guys are just awful

if i am at the miami game in december i will cheer for him. i wish he had gone to the vikes ( which i think is a better fit) so he wasnt in the division becaus i am a jets fan and cant "root" for him.. but i di wish him some success in miami.. i hope he beats the crap out of bardy .. and looses twice to us. :D

Best of luck this year. I hope both of our teams give the Patriots a better run for there money.

luv yer stevie ray vaughn avy. he indeed rocks. hope the phins get it together for the 12 diehard fin fans like yourself.

I'll be rooting for chad to do well. It must be tough when an organization kicks you to the curb at the blink of an eye after 8 years of blood,sweat & ducks

you guys are amazing...

people spent all this time bashing chad.. he works really hard .. and then he is let go at 11:30 in cleveland the night before the game.

parcells comes by and offers him a job.. what is he suppose to say.. nope ..i will take my chances with other teams and hope they offer me a job.. because i dont want to play for the phins? how people expect him to have loyalty when they threw him away and booed him constantly. especially when he got injured last year.

he restructured his contract... he took a back seat to KC last year ( who was HORRID) When they offered him that big contract.. was he suppose to say.. no please give me less because my arm isnt great???

he was a real team player who was smart and thoughtful.. he wasnt a whiney cry baby.

if i am at the miami game in december i will cheer for him. i wish he had gone to the vikes ( which i think is a better fit) so he wasnt in the division becaus i am a jets fan and cant "root" for him.. but i di wish him some success in miami.. i hope he beats the crap out of bardy .. and looses twice to us. :D

Don't forget the $64 mill contract.. and all those games he missed, and all those top 10 defensive teams he has beaten. The guy made a living on one fluke half a season and beating up on really ****ty teams. Now that he doesn't have the fins to beat up on twice a year maybe you guys will see him for the Herm Edwards he really is.

Don't forget the $64 mill contract.. and all those games he missed, and all those top 10 defensive teams he has beaten. The guy made a living on one fluke half a season and beating up on really ****ty teams. Now that he doesn't have the fins to beat up on twice a year maybe you guys will see him for the Herm Edwards he really is.

did you even read my post? :lol:

i mentioned the contract... what was he supposed to do.. turn it down?????

if someone offered you $64 million to be in a think tank since you have a 142 IQ and then they found out that you really had a 71 IQ and doubled it by accident.. would you give the money back? ;)

you guys are amazing...

I made a post Thursday about how I wanted him to do well. He did not have a good arm but he had heart and class. I want him to have success, just not against the Jets.

did you even read my post? :lol:

i mentioned the contract... what was he supposed to do.. turn it down?????

if someone offered you $64 million to be in a think tank since you have a 142 IQ and then they found out that you really had a 71 IQ and doubled it by accident.. would you give the money back? ;)

If someone offered me $64 million based on an arbitrary test with an obvious racial bias I would take it. But, I wouldn't expect everyone to praise me on how great of a job I did when I ****ed up and underperformed over and over again. I wouldn't expect people to be calling me a hardworker and a classy guy, especially when I missed work 50% of the time.

If someone offered me $64 million based on an arbitrary test with an obvious racial bias I would take it. But, I wouldn't expect everyone to praise me on how great of a job I did when I ****ed up and underperformed over and over again. I wouldn't expect people to be calling me a hardworker and a classy guy, especially when I missed work 50% of the time.

arsis is to jetnation as a small brown stain is to a pair of joewilly's white underwear :mrgreen:

Archived