Manny a YANKEE????

JETSFAN5180

Manny Ramirez in NY pinstripes 2009. I see it happening.

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2008/08/manny_ramirez_may_want_a_deal.html

Good old Manny. He told the LA Times that he wanted to be a Dodger for the rest of his career.

We all know Scott Boras is calling the shots. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Pittsburgh or Kansas City in 2009. Manny has his rings and now he (Boras) is looking for a huge payday.

I loved the guy when he played for the Sox, but his last 2 weeks with the team rubbed me the wrong way.

This is whats going to happen with the Yankees in the offseason:

Sign:

CC Sabathia

Manny Ramirez

Re-Sign:

Mike Mussina

Xavier Nady

Pudge Rodriguez

Wont Bring Back:

Bobby Abreu

Jason Giambi

Carl Pavano

Andy Pettitte

Manager:

Not the idiot we have now

Lineup:

1) Johnny Damon CF

2) Derek Jeter SS

3) Alex Rodriguez 3B

4) Manny Ramirez DH

5) Hideki Matsui LF

6) Jorge Posada 1B

7) Xavier Nady RF

8) Robinson Cano 2B

9) Pudge Rodriguez C

Rotation:

Sabathia

Wang

Joba

Moose

Hughes

I don't think they'll bring in another mediocre-defensive LF. Also, Nady is under contract, I believe, and Abreu might be brought back.

Sign:

CC Sabathia

Re-Sign:

Mike Mussina

Pudge Rodriguez

Bobby Abreu

Wont Bring Back:

Jason Giambi

Carl Pavano

Andy Pettitte

Manager:

Joe Girardi

General Manager:

Prob. not Cashman

Lineup:

1) Johnny Damon CF

2) Derek Jeter SS

3) Bobby Abreu RF

4) Alex Rodriguez 3B

5) Hideki Matsui DH

6) Jorge Posada 1B

7) Xavier Nady LF

8) Robinson Cano 2B

9) Pudge Rodriguez C

Rotation:

Sabathia

Wang

Joba

Moose

Hughes

Made my changes. Damon may (should) lose the job in CF, since he doesn't have the arm for it at all. Melky will have to REALLY start hitting to take it from him, although there should be heat from some of the prospects as well.

I don't think they'll bring in another mediocre-defensive LF. Also, Nady is under contract, I believe, and Abreu might be brought back.

Made my changes. Damon may (should) lose the job in CF, since he doesn't have the arm for it at all. Melky will have to REALLY start hitting to take it from him, although there should be heat from some of the prospects as well.

The Yankees wouldn't use him in LF, he would be used as the DH, and he is the perfect clean up hitter as well. Him, unlike Alex Rodriguez is clutch. Bobby Abreu has had a solid year, but no way should the Yankees bring him back for 16 mil. He needs to take a pay cut if he wants to stay.

Oh, and I'd also have the Yankees bench as:

CF Melky Cabrera

OF Brett Gardner

IF Wilson Betemit

Power hitter off bench

The Yankees wouldn't use him in LF, he would be used as the DH, and he is the perfect clean up hitter as well.

Except that Matsui is the DH for the forseeable future. He may even have to share DH duties with Damon if either Melky starts hitting again, or we can get a real CF.

Matsui's defense is crap. Why would we downgrade in LF?

Him, unlike Alex Rodriguez is clutch.

He is? Like all of those must-win games that he sat out because he was having a hissy-fit? What a clutch player!

Bobby Abreu has had a solid year, but no way should the Yankees bring him back for 16 mil. He needs to take a pay cut if he wants to stay.

I agree. If he did take a pay cut, howevever, he'd be worth keeping. Besides, there aren't many other great corner outfielders on the FA market, and I don't think our system has one ready to be called up (could be wrong).

Oh, and I'd also have the Yankees bench as:

CF Melky Cabrera

Melky isn't going to be your starting CF because he's not hitting. He's also not a speed-demon. He has 0 bench value. Unless you use him as a defensive replacement in CF, but if you're carrying Gardner already, you don't need that.

I love Melky, but he ought to be shipped out if he can't hold on to the job.

Sign:

CC Sabathia

Manny Ramirez

Re-Sign:

Mike Mussina

Xavier Nady

Pudge Rodriguez

Wont Bring Back:

Bobby Abreu

Jason Giambi

Carl Pavano

Andy Pettitte

Manager:

Not the idiot we have now

Lineup:

1) Johnny Damon CF

2) Derek Jeter SS

3) Alex Rodriguez 3B

4) Manny Ramirez DH

5) Hideki Matsui LF

6) Jorge Posada 1B

7) Xavier Nady RF

8) Robinson Cano 2B

9) Pudge Rodriguez C

Rotation:

Sabathia

Wang

Joba

Moose

Hughes

That is a really bad line-up... nothing against you man. But any line-up that has Jonny Damon as a lead off hitter is hurting. You need a guy who can get on base and steal bases.. hit doubles. I hate Johnny Damon as out leadoff hitter. Posada probably wont move to 1st, he seems to be that kind of ego guy. Can damon even play center anymore?

Austin Jackson will be playing CF for the New York Yankees on Opening Day 2009. There you have it. My bold prediction for the day.

Or at least he should be. Melky should be on the bench (if that) and Damon's days of playing CF are over. Jackson should at least be up by June if he's not the starter come Opening Day.

Posada probably wont move to 1st, he seems to be that kind of ego guy.

Posada is coming off of shoulder surgery. If he can't make the throws, he won't be catching -- which would be slightly worse for his ego.

Frankly, I'd rather see him cut if he refused to make the move. Besides, he moved from SS to Catcher to get a shot on the big team. It's not like he has been a catcher since he was in little league.

Also, look at the market for free agent 1B... it sucks this year. Teixiera is the only real "great" out there, and frankly, a 1B is not worth the money he's going to get. Our best option at 1B might be to move someone there, and right now Posada is looking like the best candidate to make the move.

OR you could talk Jeter into moving to 1B (or even to CF), but we don't really have a prospect ready to replace him, so you'd be looking at Furcal or Izturis or Orlando Cabrera or some-such to come in and play SS.

Austin Jackson will be playing CF for the New York Yankees on Opening Day 2009. There you have it. My bold prediction for the day.

Or at least he should be. Melky should be on the bench (if that) and Damon's days of playing CF are over. Jackson should at least be up by June if he's not the starter come Opening Day.

I think there is an excellent chance he'll be playing for the Yankees next season, but no way will it be on opening day. He'll be in Scranton on opening day.

Except that Matsui is the DH for the forseeable future. He may even have to share DH duties with Damon if either Melky starts hitting again, or we can get a real CF.

Matsui's defense is crap. Why would we downgrade in LF?

He is? Like all of those must-win games that he sat out because he was having a hissy-fit? What a clutch player!

Who cares if he has had a "hissy fit", the guy is one of the most clutch hitters in the game. Look at his stats so far for the Dodgers since being traded. I may hate the guy, but there is no doubt he is more clutch then Alex Rodriguez will ever be.

Who cares if he has had a "hissy fit", the guy is one of the most clutch hitters in the game. Look at his stats so far for the Dodgers since being traded. I may hate the guy, but there is no doubt he is more clutch then Alex Rodriguez will ever be.

Manny is a better hitter than Arod.

Good old Manny. He told the LA Times that he wanted to be a Dodger for the rest of his career.

We all know Scott Boras is calling the shots. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Pittsburgh or Kansas City in 2009. Manny has his rings and now he (Boras) is looking for a huge payday.

I loved the guy when he played for the Sox, but his last 2 weeks with the team rubbed me the wrong way.

Boras is SUCH a total dick. He's just looking for another huge payday since he would have gotten none had Manny stayed in Boston.

Boras is SUCH a total dick. He's just looking for another huge payday since he would have gotten none had Manny stayed in Boston.

Problem for Boras and Manny is that other than maybe the Dodgers and Yankees no one else will be willing to pay Manny big bucks. The Mets would probably be a lock to get Manny since Minaya loves him but the ownership apparently has no interest.

Obviously Boston isn't going to go after him either. With the Mets and Red Sox out, the only teams left that could afford Manny are the two Chicago teams (which haven't shown any interest) and the Dodgers and Yankees.

If the Yankees can't get Texeira I'd still be fine with getting Manny.

Oh man! I would LOVE to have this happen. Sweetness if he could become a Yankee and just bite - figureatively - Lucchino and Theo in the arse. Man, that would be great. No so out of the relm of possibility either. Take a look at the power hitters available through FA next year. Texiera, Manny and nadda.

I don't see why anyone would think this lineup, looks bad:

Johnny Damon CF

Derek Jeter SS

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Manny Ramirez DH

Hideki Matsui LF

Jorge Posada 1B

Xavier Nady RF

Robinson Cano 2B

Pudge Rodriguez C

What the hell is wrong with that lineup? We get probably one of the most clutch hitters in the game. In the offseason all this Yankee team needs to do, is sign Manny, and Sabathia, and they're set with free agency.

All of Manny's power comes from his dreads. He signs with the Yankees, he'd have to lose them & with them....goes his hitting ability.

:biggrin: He was suppose to cut them with Torre in Dodgerland but that hasn't happened yet. He's ,IMO, pretty much a spoiled brat who gets what he wants.

Johnny Damon CF

Derek Jeter SS

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Manny Ramirez DH

Hideki Matsui LF

Jorge Posada 1B

Xavier Nady RF

Robinson Cano 2B

Pudge Rodriguez C

What the hell is wrong with that lineup? We get probably one of the most clutch hitters in the game. In the offseason all this Yankee team needs to do, is sign Manny, and Sabathia, and they're set with free agency.

That would be an awesome lineup, but that would also be the worst defensive team in the league.

That would be an awesome lineup, but that would also be the worst defensive team in the league.

pudge best defensive catcher alltime, cano has quickest release in baseball makes plays alot cant, arod,jeter are both gold glovers, posada if he trains for first i think he could be good. I've seen him play it before he wasent bad but if he knows thats what hes going to play then he trains for it he will be alot better.

maybe one of the worst outfields but not team, reds take the worst.

Johnny Damon CF

Derek Jeter SS

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Manny Ramirez DH

Hideki Matsui LF

Jorge Posada 1B

Xavier Nady RF

Robinson Cano 2B

Pudge Rodriguez C

I could live with that lineup, but who are my pitchers......which is more important.

Archived