Jets to talk to Coles Agent

RSJ

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3435522

Jets to talk with agent for Coles Thursday

Story Tools: Print Email XML

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

Posted: 11 minutes ago

The Laveranues Coles-for-Santana Moss trade has been jump-started... again.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Jets have continued to keep a dialogue open with Coles and the team is scheduled to talk to Coles' agent Thursday morning regarding terms that could make the trade work.

If the Jets and Coles side can come to terms on a new contract that both sides view as mutually beneficial the Jets will make the deal. Redskins sources also said they were keeping hope alive that a deal would get done in the end.

"Yesterday there was a five-percent chance of this getting done," said one source close to the situation. "Now I really think it's 50-50. We'll see how talks go (Thursday)."

Both Coles and now Moss are desperate to get this deal done. Otherwise, the Redskins will retain a player who clearly does not want to be on their team. The Jets will have a player who, like Coles, has become disappointed with his status on a club. It's expected that like Coles, Moss would also covet a new deal.

Moss and Coles have actually talked about their swapping of locales. Coles has not only apprised the Redskins of his feelings, he was even at the Pro Bowl as a guest of Jets star DE John Abraham and has a great working relationship with QB Chad Pennington.

Several people inside the league said yesterday they caught wind that talks had started again as Coles may be softening on his stance. The Jets are encouraged enough to give it one last try.

If Coles is reasonable I am okay with this. I think the old contract had some BIG cap #'s in the last 2 seasons. So it would have to be redone anyhow.

His damn foot is the only question mark.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3435522

Jets to talk with agent for Coles Thursday

Story Tools: Print Email XML

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

Posted: 11 minutes ago

The Laveranues Coles-for-Santana Moss trade has been jump-started... again.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Jets have continued to keep a dialogue open with Coles and the team is scheduled to talk to Coles' agent Thursday morning regarding terms that could make the trade work.

If the Jets and Coles side can come to terms on a new contract that both sides view as mutually beneficial the Jets will make the deal. Redskins sources also said they were keeping hope alive that a deal would get done in the end.

"Yesterday there was a five-percent chance of this getting done," said one source close to the situation. "Now I really think it's 50-50. We'll see how talks go (Thursday)."

Both Coles and now Moss are desperate to get this deal done. Otherwise, the Redskins will retain a player who clearly does not want to be on their team. The Jets will have a player who, like Coles, has become disappointed with his status on a club. It's expected that like Coles, Moss would also covet a new deal.

Moss and Coles have actually talked about their swapping of locales. Coles has not only apprised the Redskins of his feelings, he was even at the Pro Bowl as a guest of Jets star DE John Abraham and has a great working relationship with QB Chad Pennington.

Several people inside the league said yesterday they caught wind that talks had started again as Coles may be softening on his stance. The Jets are encouraged enough to give it one last try.

Coles better wake up. he is getting a second shot at being on a good team. He better accede and sign off on this mutha at a REASONABLE rate. If not, COLES-SLAW can go to hell..

LL

i still don't see how this would constitute an upgrade at the WR position

moss is more explosive and scores way more TD...

1) Coles is one tough ganglang mutha who takes a tackle and keeps serving up those tough catches

2) you will NEVER see coles scampering to the sideline after a catch (unless we need to stop the clock)

3) besides his toe, when have you heard of injury issues with coles. With Tan its "I hurt my corn-row", "I hurt my hammy", "I think someone stepped on my feet on that crossing pattern"

Bottom line is, Coles is a tough mothafukker and Tan is soft like a dollar store hoe.

But speaking in rap terms, Coles is DMX (HARDCORE) and Santana is Will Smith (SOFTIE).

LL

Archived