****THE OFFICIAL MADDENOLIDAY THREAD****

gangreenman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started playing the game...Got Favre manually (edited him to make him a 94---Cant edit age for some reason though)... Still trying to figure out how to make my XBLive work.

anyway, as for the gameplay, I LOVE the graphics, and think the Madden Test is really cool. Rewind option during games is stupid and annoying, looking to disable that feature. During games, there are a ton of new options that I am not yet all that familiar with from playing the other games, but it is very detailed and, IMO, very realistic.

Only played for about 25 mins, but so far, I have to give it a pretty solid grade.

I'd say somewhere around a B+.

I haven't seen roster updates yet

I don't think they ever release the game with roster updates later. It comes as is, and you would have to make the roster moves yourself.

also, the update is out on live----just go to play a game and it prompts you to download the new roster with Favre on the Jets

forgive me if this has already been asked but will Favre be on the jets when we buy it this year? and Chad on the Phins?

You have to get an internet roster update, or do it manually...Favre is on the All Greats team, you can move him to FA, and sign him to any of the 32 NFL teams.

To get the roster updates with Favre on the Jets and tons of other changes you must be connected to XBOX Live and then go to Quick Play, Ranked or Unranked match the roster updates will download automatically and then you can just quit the match. If no Xbox Live then you must do it manually from releasing Favre from NFL greats roster and then sign him up through the free agents pool.

Guys how do you resize the picture for the MADDEN 09 cover.I want to print one out and surprise my son with it.I tried 3 times and it only prints smaller than the original cover picture.Help please.
You need to right click the link you are using and select save target.

Then open it up with Adobe Reader, and you can select the size percentage.

Up the percentage to 100%, then click the cover it should highlight just print the higlighted part, if not you will have to trim it.

If 100% looks too big then lower the size percentage till it's just right, keep in mind when you click it, it highlights the cover the rest must be trimmed.

i am 2-1 so far in franchise mode whith a tough loss to the pats.

i was down 3 and drove down 75 yards only to throw an interception in the endzone.

Favre just slings these passes its so cool.

yea im 2-0 I struggled on defense against doliphins but then i started using the 4-3 d and gholston at RE and coleman at DT and i did good against pats. Revis got 4 picks so far.

what level u play on? i play on all-pro for now until i get use to it

To get the roster updates with Favre on the Jets and tons of other changes you must be connected to XBOX Live and then go to Quick Play, Ranked or Unranked match the roster updates will download automatically and then you can just quit the match. If no Xbox Live then you must do it manually from releasing Favre from NFL greats roster and then sign him up through the free agents pool.

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

ok I just played the phins with the updated roster. Pennington wasnt starting. I do think they did a good job with this. My name is giantbeat so if anyone wants to play on live let me know

Thats cause they didnt put Pennington on the Phins in the update.

He's probably on the FA list, my guess is you can (out of the main start up menu), go to rosters>FA>Select Pennington>Add to team>Dolphins.

I didn't bother...But you can see if that works.

yea im 2-0 I struggled on defense against doliphins but then i started using the 4-3 d and gholston at RE and coleman at DT and i did good against pats. Revis got 4 picks so far.

Funny you should say that, I was thinking of moving Gholston to RE (He's aa 94 overall there), playing Jenkins and this 330 lb 84 overall DT I signed at DT, and Ellis at LE...

Then I would put Harris at MLB, but my OLB's would be Thomas and Pace. Still a sick front 7 though... I think im going to try that against the Pats. ::GoJets:

BTW: 1-0

Jets 17 Dolphags: 0

I play on just pro for now. i'm doing really well with Favre as of now. JONES is giveing me MAJOR problems. against miami I got 115 yards with him, but against newengland and sandiego he has like 70 yards combined. Its very annoying because now I need to throw the ball 40 times a game, and not have a good running game.

i'm about to play my game vs arizona right now.

You need to right click the link you are using and select save target.

Then open it up with Adobe Reader, and you can select the size percentage.

Up the percentage to 100%, then click the cover it should highlight just print the higlighted part, if not you will have to trim it.

If 100% looks too big then lower the size percentage till it's just right, keep in mind when you click it, it highlights the cover the rest must be trimmed.

Jade Green Thanks BUT I cant get it to copy in actual size needed to replace the MADDEN 09 cover.It only copies in a smaller version.Still need some help.Thanks

So just to letyou know at the place i work at

I was telling everyone I was proud tob e a jet fan and that my team would go all the way. Even the Patriot fans that come in said it should be a competitive year

..I work at a electronic store so we sold a lot of copies of madden!

Jade Green Thanks BUT I cant get it to copy in actual size needed to replace the MADDEN 09 cover.It only copies in a smaller version.Still need some help.Thanks
If you RIGHT click the link you are downloading the cover from and select SAVE TARGET, you will be able to open it with Adobe reader and select what ever size you want with the + and - options.

Save the target to your desktop, if you don't have Adobe reader then donwload and install it first, then just click the icon of the cover and you should be able to print it in any size.

I cant stop running up the gut....

Im not good at all with TJones. I actually like playing with Leon a lot more.

Anyway, my defense is the by far the best part of my team. I've played the 1st two games of franchise mode and Gholston already has 5 sacks, my defense has 4 INT's, and I've outscored my first two opponents (Miami and NE) 34-7...

Oh how I wish real life was as easy as Madden, lol.

I play on just pro for now. i'm doing really well with Favre as of now. JONES is giveing me MAJOR problems. against miami I got 115 yards with him, but against newengland and sandiego he has like 70 yards combined. Its very annoying because now I need to throw the ball 40 times a game, and not have a good running game.

i'm about to play my game vs arizona right now.

Funny you should say that, I was thinking of moving Gholston to RE (He's aa 94 overall there), playing Jenkins and this 330 lb 84 overall DT I signed at DT, and Ellis at LE...

Then I would put Harris at MLB, but my OLB's would be Thomas and Pace. Still a sick front 7 though... I think im going to try that against the Pats. ::GoJets:

BTW: 1-0

Jets 17 Dolphags: 0

well see what i do is i move barton where gholston is and then i play with gholston at re but i play wiht him like a linebacker and i shirt the line over so im basically playing a 3-4 but ghloston blitz everytime. when i paly 3-4 i use rhodes and that leaves a huge gap.

As for thomas jone she sucks in the game to slow i use lleon more also jones got hurt.

use leon and do i form twins and do the pitch play that goes away from receivers its a good run.

Im not good at all with TJones. I actually like playing with Leon a lot more.

Anyway, my defense is the by far the best part of my team. I've played the 1st two games of franchise mode and Gholston already has 5 sacks, my defense has 4 INT's, and I've outscored my first two opponents (Miami and NE) 34-7...

Oh how I wish real life was as easy as Madden, lol.

yea i love the jets defense i actually got a few picks with eric smith but the main guy is revis he is amazing.

Archived