MADDEN 09' IS HERE!

ECURB

No Titans uni, and it froze minutes into the first game of the preseason, my friend is reporting the same problem. Glad I rented...EA does it again.

No problems for me on the PS3 version, must be an Xbox problem.

No problems for me on the PS3 version, must be an Xbox problem.

LOL I knew you were gonna say that, however PS3 complaints are starting to come out also. Nice try though, its an EA problem, as usual.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=madden&thread.id=48404

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=madden&thread.id=48439

LOL I knew you were gonna say that, however PS3 complaints are starting to come out also. Nice try though, its an EA problem, as usual.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=madden&thread.id=48404

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=madden&thread.id=48439

Neither of those is anything like the problem you said your having... lol

The top one is just becuase of HEAVY online traffic... its freezing up becuase too many people are trying to play online today.

The second one... the guy is an idiot, he needs to press start to bring up the menu.

Neither of those is anything like the problem you said your having... lol

The top one is just becuase of HEAVY online traffic... its freezing up becuase too many people are trying to play online today.

The second one... the guy is an idiot, he needs to press start to bring up the menu.

Whatever, you just wanna make this into a 360 vs. PS3 fight, bottom line PS3/360 owners are complaining about game freezing during the main menu and gameplay. Could be bad disk, IDK. Yours is working fine, no need to comment.

I got the Collector's Edition and I love it.

Really?

Have you played the original version as well so you can tell the difference? Just wondering what it was.

BTW: I got the collectors edition for the 05 game, then played the original at some friends houses, and it was practically the same.

Really?

Have you played the original version as well so you can tell the difference? Just wondering what it was.

The game itself is the same, but you get NFL Head Coach 09 with this version, plus extras like Madden trivia and other features I have not completely had time to look at yet.

How do you download the new roster? I'm going to pick up the game tomorrow or Thursday if its easy. I have XBox 360. Do not play online.

You have to sign into XBox Live, enter a game, and you will be prompted to download a roster update. Click yes, let it save, and quit out of the online game.

If you don't have Live, you'll have to update it manually...

To do this (get Favre on the Jets),

Startup menu>Rosters>All time greats>Select Brett Favre>Release to FA>Select Free Agents>Select Brett Favre>Add player to Jets>Save Roster.

Whatever, you just wanna make this into a 360 vs. PS3 fight, bottom line PS3/360 owners are complaining about game freezing during the main menu and gameplay. Could be bad disk, IDK. Yours is working fine, no need to comment.

The patch for the PS3 was released Aug 11th, thats why mine wasnt freezing and people with PS3's who it was freezing for did not download the update.

The Patch for the 360 will be here tomorrow sometime... so you should be fine after that.

Rushing the passer is just pointless, they just don't get there for me. I was on Vernon Gholston and despite the fact that I got through untouched several times, the CPU QB just dumps it off. Then I decided to control Kerry Rhodes and since all of my pass defense problems have been fixed, The QB's dump it off so much it's unreal, I've been able to cause 3 FF with the hit stick because I just let the guy dump it off and pounce. Pretty easy once you get used to it.

I've gotten slightly better at rushing, backs are still too slow though IMO. Sliding protection does help a lot and there have been a few occasions where I've been able to pound the ball with Thomas Jones all game. Starting to get the hang of it.

Getting more into the game with time. My initial thoughts were not good but it's picked up since. Loving the skill feature, it was a great idea.

Rushing the passer is just pointless, they just don't get there for me. I was on Vernon Gholston and despite the fact that I got through untouched several times, the CPU QB just dumps it off. Then I decided to control Kerry Rhodes and since all of my pass defense problems have been fixed, The QB's dump it off so much it's unreal, I've been able to cause 3 FF with the hit stick because I just let the guy dump it off and pounce. Pretty easy once you get used to it.

I've gotten slightly better at rushing, backs are still too slow though IMO. Sliding protection does help a lot and there have been a few occasions where I've been able to pound the ball with Thomas Jones all game. Starting to get the hang of it.

Getting more into the game with time. My initial thoughts were not good but it's picked up since. Loving the skill feature, it was a great idea.

You have to mask your blizt's and vary the types...

I will admit though it did get much harder to actually hit the QB this year...

Like NCAA Madden suffers from the robo QB. The AI completes way too many passes and they are money on 3rd down. Everytime you blitz they find a wide open receiver.

It needs to be patched

Thats taking it too far, your just not as good as you think... lol

Its really not bad... pick the right D and use the button the way they want you to break through the Oline and you can apply pressure and create poor throws.

Archived